natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I searched the net for over an hour and couldnt find the "other" fix kit so I posted in here asking for help. Then of course 5 minutes after posting I stumbled onto the site with the kit. Its up to $200 but if it works then it would be well worth it.
I emailed the guy that makes this kit and he mentioned " Make sure they check their blower. Had a few guys have a rogue blower that didn’t match in their cars. "

https://3dprintedfordparts.com/shop/ols/products/ford-ac-seat-upgrade-kit
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I searched the net for over an hour and couldnt find the "other" fix kit so I posted in here asking for help. Then of course 5 minutes after posting I stumbled onto the site with the kit. Its up to $200 but if it works then it would be well worth it.
I emailed the guy that makes this kit and he mentioned " Make sure they check their blower. Had a few guys have a rogue blower that didn’t match in their cars. "

https://3dprintedfordparts.com/shop/ols/products/ford-ac-seat-upgrade-kit
I just ordered this kit. I had the TSB done when it first came out, but I recently traded seats with a friend who bought an Ecoboost with the ceramic (white) leather. That car didn't have the TSB, so my back is hot again. Hopefully this kit will fit my TEDs.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered this kit. I had the TSB done when it first came out, but I recently traded seats with a friend who bought an Ecoboost with the ceramic (white) leather. That car didn't have the TSB, so my back is hot again. Hopefully this kit will fit my TEDs.
I tried the fix from Darko66 and it just didn't fix it, I am hopeful this will. I will for sure post my results.

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I need to find the STL file for that. It's only about $5 in material at most.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I need to find the STL file for that. It's only about $5 in material at most.
I was a little surprised at the price as well, but he's charging more for his development and testing knowledge than for actual materials.

Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I was a little surprised at the price as well, but he's charging more for his development and testing knowledge than for actual materials.
I'm fully aware of the development and testing "charge" and see it daily (I work in the DOD), but I was also looking over some of his other stuff and came to the same conclusion. The work pictured isn't worth the price to me (perhaps to others) but just not to me since I know what goes into the process.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I'm fully aware of the development and testing "charge" and see it daily (I work in the DOD), but I was also looking over some of his other stuff and came to the same conclusion. The work pictured isn't worth the price to me (perhaps to others) but just not to me since I know what goes into the process.
I don't have the time to develop a solution to this very real problem, so it's worth a couple hundred bucks to me if it actually works. More competition in this space would reduce the prices down to something more tolerable for the masses (I think it would be a great value at $50-80), but as a modification to someone else's design on a product that most people will only keep for three years before buying another vehicle, it's a very small niche market.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My tracking shows possibly being delivered today. Since the Alabama heat is on a non stop rampage this year I will for sure be working on this over the weekend and will post up if it works. @Dark Side, yea its a little pricey I do completely agree but, since there is no other fix that works, not even the dealership, I am willing to suck it up and give it a shot. He is on v5 of this so hopefully he got it nailed down.

Last edited:

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
My tracking shows possibly being delivered today. Since the Alabama heat is on a non stop rampage this year I will for sure be working on this over the weekend and will post up if it works.
Mine is showing delivery tomorrow. This is proving to be a brutally hot summer already, and I'm ready for any improvement I can get. We've had 13 or 14 days over 100°F so far, and the next two weeks don't look any better.
2022_Summer.png

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
Windows down in the summer, I barely feel it. Windows up, its like I'm sitting on an ice pack. Maybe check if this is the same for you to at least get an idea if its working

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Subbing for results!

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
@Dark Side[/USER], yea its a little pricey I do completely agree but, since there is no other fix that works, not even the dealership, I am willing to suck it up and give it a shot. He is on v5 of this so hopefully he got it nailed down.

That's cool (see what I did there). I hope it works well for you.

My engineering OCD requires something a bit more refined than what is advertised.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Windows down in the summer, I barely feel it. Windows up, its like I'm sitting on an ice pack. Maybe check if this is the same for you to at least get an idea if its working
These cooled seats are also supposed to cool the backrest not just the assrest.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I installed my kit from 3DPrintedFordParts.com today, and the difference in cooling in the seatback is instantly noticeable. I've only driven it a few miles to the grocery store and back so far, so I don't know how well it will hold up during a longer drive.

The installation process is a bit of a pain, especially since it was 105°F here today. The entire process took me about 3 hours. Our seats do not have the zipper closure like the F150 seats, so the most practical method is to remove the seats from the car (and take them inside where it's NOT 105°F!). The next step is to separate the backrest from the seat cushion, and then partially remove (unroll) the leather from the backrest. I rolled the leather up just to the point of the airbag connector (leaving the connector intact), and that gave me plenty of room to access the TED. The LMR videos (linked below) for removing the seats and upholstery are very helpful. Also, since the kit was originally designed for the F150, the hoses are a bit long for the Mustang seats. However, I was able to route them sufficiently for my liking. I may go back and cut off the ~3-4" sticking out from under the seat, or I may just leave them like they are.

Seat removal:

Upholstery removal:

You'll need T50, T20, and T6 Torx bits, various ratchets/extensions/breaker bars/impact drivers, a #1 Phillips screwdriver, and some sturdy trim removal tools to complete the job. I also recommend wearing some cut-resistant gloves since there are lots of exposed sharp sheetmetal edges inside the seat. I couldn't find my CR gloves today, and I needed a first aid kit to stop a gusher after my hand slipped and sliced the edge of my finger.

Good luck!

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
subbing
Sponsored