Cooled seats not cooling

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Would you mind reposting your detailed information because the links are no longer working or available. Thanks.. Ford says they can’t find anything wrong with my seat coolers but most of us unlucky ones know that they are very poor in performance. I would definitely try to use anyone’s suggestions and methods to improve them on my Bullitt.
Since you have a 2019, the TSB probably doesn't apply to your car. All the improvements have already been made. I had a '15 GT before my Bullitt and I can tell you the fan speed is a LOT higher now. So loud it's kind of annoying. It helps a little bit compared to the '15, but there's still a design problem from Ford. It's obvious the engineers are from up north.

The easiest thing to do to help cool the bottom of the seat is to set the AC to also blow to the floor.
Sponsored

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
Hey guys. First post here. Bought a 2015 GT Premium Performance package a little over 2 weeks ago. I remember the day I got the car my passenger said the cooled seats felt like you had peed your pants a little. I have felt them before testing other mustangs but not very much.

I don’t remember if I ever felt them in MY car though. But anyway this week it’s been ridiculously hot as you all know so I was eager to try it out. I can not feel anything. Not with AC on. Not with it off. I put some shorter shorts on tonight and decided to go shirtless driving around in the dark for 20 minutes or so. Feel nothing.

When I turn on the heat I feel that and when I turn on the cooled seats for both seats you can hear a fan slightly come on from both sides.
What gives? Why are mine so terrible while others are pretty good to ok? Maybe I’ll sit on the passenger side tomorrow and see if I can replicate what my passenger felt. I love my new car but I was looking forward to this feature.

I can’t grasp feeling absolutely nothing from them. I have read some of this thread but where is the best place to start in terms of diagnosis? Maybe it’s just too hot for them to work at all idk.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Try cleaning and vacuuming out your seat. Perforations can get clogged up over time, especially since you don’t know how often the previous owner cleaned them or if they drove the car home after a long hard day of having a dirty job.
Stronger the vacuum, the better.
Sponsored