Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
16 GT here, and I'd say about once out of ever dozen uses I feel some cooling in the back. Haven't bothered with the TSB.
Sponsored

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
The first time I used the cooling function in April or so it worked exactly how I thought it would. Now that it's warmer more often I barely feel the bottom seat at full and nothing on the back rest.

I miss the cooling function on the back rest! Oh well. It doesn't bother me that much as the rattling sounds that occurs (headlamp module, glove compartment, rubber seal in window etc.)

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
took mine in yesterday and they said it is working within specs. on the way home I determined that the passenger seat back gets warm with the cooler turned on and cools back down to normal when I turn it off. Did this several times and it was always the same. wish I had noticed that when I took it in. Since I had scheduled an appointment for them to check out the seats, I assumed it would be a thorough and complete check out. WRONG.

Not impressed with Ford service so far.:paddle:

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had the TSB performed on my 2015 today and it's significantly better on both the bottom and back of the seats. They did both seats in less than 2 hours while I waited. The cooling isn't perfect on the backs but it is better. It's good enough that I'm happy with it.

I had great service at Ames Ford/Lincoln in Ames, Iowa. Highly recommended for anyone in central Iowa.

Jim

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
I have a 16 and I agree with the wet butt feel too... lol :cool:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I had the TSB performed on my 2015 today and it's significantly better on both the bottom and back of the seats. They did both seats in less than 2 hours while I waited. The cooling isn't perfect on the backs but it is better. It's good enough that I'm happy with it.

I had great service at Ames Ford/Lincoln in Ames, Iowa. Highly recommended for anyone in central Iowa.

Jim
Well, that's encouraging. I just got off the phone with my Ford Service writer. I told him about the tsb and all the info I got off the enormous thread on this subject (1200+ posts). He seems to be taking me seriously and plans to have a talk with the techs. He didn't sound pleased with them, so hopefully, I will get this done when I go back to have a cosmetic strip replaced, under warranty.:shrug:
Sponsored