Sponsored

CFTP Wing

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I did hear back from AC. And while I'd like to post the email I'm not going to as I don't think that'd be fair. I will share the highlights as I think it'll lay out how this is going to play out moving forward.

- It takes about 4 days to make one of these wings
- AC can produce roughly 5 per month
- Production is pre-sold through February of '22 and my order is not included in there

AC hopes to be able to lay out the March production schedule some time in January and asked that I check back sometime around then to see where my order stands.

I'm ok with all of this. This is their first run and coupled with supply chain challenges, COVID, etc, it is to be expected. I'll keep my fingers crossed and update down the road.
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
That’s not high at all actually. The size of the wing and the packaging required it’s actually a pretty decent price. A basic pallet shipment currently is 250ish at a minimum.
Buuuuutttt they dont ship on a pallet.

I just got my carbon fiber roof and carbon fiber doors for my 350 (which came severely damaged) in boxes….no pallet

@Tomster did your hood come on a pallet?

Also, $250 to ship a decklid…..on a pallet?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I just got my carbon fiber roof and carbon fiber doors for my 350 (which came severely damaged) in boxes….no pallet

Nope. It came in a cardboard box.

Have they asked you to get out your circular saw or Sawzall and cut the pieces in half yet? Or did they offer you a 10% discount and let you keep the broken parts?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I assumed going truck freight they were palleting the parts. No way I’d ship such an expensive part in a box unless it was foam incapsulared.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I assumed going truck freight they were palleting the parts. No way I’d ship such an expensive part in a box unless it was foam incapsulared.
They don't care. If it comes damaged, they just "put a claim in on your behalf" with the shipping company. Shortly thereafter they ask you to breakout the power tools and a camera to document that you really did cut it in half.

Want to really stir the pot? Ask them to have the parts picked up and either refunded or replaced.

Just be careful not to cut a finger off.......

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I still have a hard time getting my head around company’s doing this type of thing. It’s so counterproductive its mind boggling. I deal with a company out of Phoenix for my utv called Shocktherapy. They ship very expensive off road shocks back and forth all the time. They have no problem doing it correctly and cost affectively. It’s not that difficult.

They don't care. If it comes damaged, they just "put a claim in on your behalf" with the shipping company. Shortly thereafter they ask you to breakout the power tools and a camera to document that you really did cut it in half.

Want to really stir the pot? Ask them to have the parts picked up and either refunded or replaced.

Just be careful not to cut a finger off.......

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
When I got mine it was in a custom made box with styrofoam and the wing was protected with bubble wrap and securely suspended in the box so that no part was against the box, there was 0 chance it was have been damaged unless they intentionally smashed it.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Nope. It came in a cardboard box.

Have they asked you to get out your circular saw or Sawzall and cut the pieces in half yet? Or did they offer you a 10% discount and let you keep the broken parts?
Wow 10%? Kinda sad because you can 20% off with peoples instagrams offer codes

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Got an email from Lethal yesterday also and it said still 12 to 16 wks out, I think I am #7 in the line, they give the option to cancel if I want to, I think I will hang in there a little longer. Its now been a year and a half since I first ordered the wing from MRP. Will I ever get one?:frown:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
When I got mine it was in a custom made box with styrofoam and the wing was protected with bubble wrap and securely suspended in the box so that no part was against the box, there was 0 chance it was have been damaged unless they intentionally smashed it.
We were talking about the way AC ships their stuff.

The business model shouldn't have to rely on submitting claims to the shipping company for damage.

When I received my OEM wing replacement from Ford, that was packaged properly. It had custom foam protection in suitable packaging. It was shipped by FedEx.

If a company wants to roll the dice and not package their items correctly, the solution for damaged items ought to be much easier for the end user. It should not involve power tools, arguing over the correct solution, or passing it off as the shipping company's fault.

Let's see how this AC wing is packaged and shipped.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Got an email from Lethal yesterday also and it said still 12 to 16 wks out, I think I am #7 in the line, they give the option to cancel if I want to, I think I will hang in there a little longer. Its now been a year and a half since I first ordered the wing from MRP. Will I ever get one?:frown:
And if you notice still nothing by MPR, Told you they were 3rd party selling for AC. You'll get one just have to be patient, there is one on ebay for $10K which you might get them down a few.

We were talking about the way AC ships their stuff.

The business model shouldn't have to rely on submitting claims to the shipping company for damage.

When I received my OEM wing replacement from Ford, that was packaged properly. It had custom foam protection in suitable packaging. It was shipped by FedEx.

If a company wants to roll the dice and not package their items correctly, the solution for damaged items ought to be much easier for the end user. It should not involve power tools, arguing over the correct solution, or passing it off as the shipping company's fault.

Let's see how this AC wing is packaged and shipped.
Oh I know the box mine came in was about 6.5ft wide, and the way this was packaged and shipped couldn't have gotten damaged. And I agree with you if it gets shipping damaged it should not be up to you and you shouldn't have the burden to wait on the outcome, it should be like all the rest, take pictures shows everything, and they collect and submit to the shipping company and send you a replacement, except these are being made to order so you go to the end for the next batch.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Guys generally ANY company that charges you prior to shipping a part is not one you should ever do business with.

Federal Law REQUIRES credit card companies to refund your money up to 90 days post sale / posting to your account.

If a company is charging you and then not shipping a part until 90-100+ days later they are knowingly gaming the federal law.

THEY know what they are doing and if you allow it and they send you bad parts or no parts at all, you are screwed unless you want to hire a lawyer in the state they are incorporated in to try and sue them for your money.

Anytime this happens I immediately call to cancel the order either with the seller or if they refuse with the credit card company.

This is a sign you are not working with an honest company.

If a company really has SO MANY sales and needs 50% to secure your place in line, think if that makes sense. Why not 10%????? If you cancel or back out then they have PLENTY of others waiting for the part you are interested in.

Buyer be“VERY” wary, and run.

OP
OP
Wilkman96

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
Guys generally ANY company that charges you prior to shipping a part is not one you should ever do business with.

Federal Law REQUIRES credit card companies to refund your money up to 90 days post sale / posting to your account.

If a company is charging you and then not shipping a part until 90-100+ days later they are knowingly gaming the federal law.

THEY know what they are doing and if you allow it and they send you bad parts or no parts at all, you are screwed unless you want to hire a lawyer in the state they are incorporated in to try and sue them for your money.

Anytime this happens I immediately call to cancel the order either with the seller or if they refuse with the credit card company.

If a company really has SO MANY sales and needs 50% to secure your place in line, think if that makes sense. Why not 10%????? If you cancel or back out then they have PLENTY of others waiting for the part you are interested in.

I mean , it’s Lethal Performance. I wouldn’t go that far.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I mean , it’s Lethal Performance. I wouldn’t go that far.
Nobody is telling you to. That business practice by whomever it is is deceptive at a minimum.

Reading the thread with all the issues involved both pre and post sale, I don’t know where the issue or issues lay but I would be extremely careful and shy away from all involved in this mess.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

If I was lethal performance and an unreasonable delay developed, I would refund everyone's money and keep each persons place in line as a gesture of goodwill. I think this is crap as well.
Sponsored