CFTP Wing by MPR Performance

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
I believe the oem brackets are a black aluminum? The MPR will be a carbon fiber? Correct? That would be a deal breaker for me as it's not an exact replica
The OEM wing mounts are painted chopped carbon.
Sponsored

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Sorry thats what I thought it was at first after talking to MRP until I saw post # 69. Just guess you and me will just have to wait till we get it to see what the MPR mounts will look like. I know other people have taken their mounts off, someone should know for sure if they are metal or carbon fiber, please clear up this issue for us.
The OEM mounts are painted chopped carbon. I am using the GT4 ones from Multimatic which are painted aluminum.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I never saw any of your questions. Im sorry as I been gone since Thursday at Road America. Anyways. They used 1/4in steel tube. Welded on the thick sides of the trunk and not the sheet metal. Be careful when TIG welding to stop every 30sec and use compressed air to cool it down otherwise you’ll ruin your paint as the metal is thin.

For me personally, I used 3/8in thick Chromoly steel. Overkill, but it works. When I move to a CF trunk, I’ll have to custom design the brackets to reinforce it.
Can I trouble you for a photo of it? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think a .750" or 1" tube with a .120 wall thickness is more like it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think a .750" or 1" tube with a .120 wall thickness is more like it.
How bout you Tob? Do you have any photos? Anderson Composites is telling me that the wing shouldn't be mounted without some kind of support. I reached out to a friend of yours for some advice and hope to hear back from him on Monday. I cant picture what a rig like this would look like.

I certainly can't risk a $14k Frisbee flying off at 180 MPH.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose the wing footprint you use has a lot to do with it. The FP350S, for example, has inboard mounts that have nothing underneath them (not referring to reinforcement plates but rather a lack of underlying structure) - hence the reinforcement along the lines of the welded tube (obviously using a steel decklid). Multimatic uses a CF decklid, but the wing is mounted as far outboard as possible (ala the CFTP upright base location) which should minimize "excessive" flex. I can't speak to the strength of the CF decklid Multimatic makes vs the strength of the decklid Anderson makes but I'd be more comfortable with the outboard mount location and sandwiching via the dogbone on the other side than any inboard mount/upright/wing design.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Any updates from anyone that placed an order?
There has been a covid delay and as of right now there is a 30 day extension, as the moment hopefully the end of Feb.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Who else bought the wing from MPR here?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There has been a covid delay and as of right now there is a 30 day extension, as the moment hopefully the end of Feb.
I apologize but many are using that as a universal excuse. Covid delay in what way? Can't get the fiber or resin you need? Can't find good employees? Can't get out of bed?

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
I apologize but many are using that as a universal excuse. Covid delay in what way? Can't get the fiber or resin you need? Can't find good employees? Can't get out of bed?
OF COURSE. I forgot to place an order for a customer at my business last month and blamed it on COVID/SHIPPING delays, lol.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
According to their IG post in December, it looks like March. They have been making a lot of CF products lately so I dont know

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
(I was being short) the answer was there was a setback to manufacturing and covid restrictions to staff, the latter I would translate a few might have been infected and down. But I was offered a full refund if I dont want to wait, which I wouldn't be doing anything until March anyway.

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
March was for the second batch. First batch was for December.
Sponsored