CFTP Wing by MPR Performance

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
So, is this in fact a 100% exact replica? I just can't seem to find a clear answer.
Actually according to my conversations with MPR Performance they have a GT500 which they sent me pics of and they are replicating it from the original as a 1 piece unit. The video here from their site shows this. As it was also stated that the brackets are also going to be made from Carbon Fiber and not metal. Hope the video helps.
Sponsored

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Actually according to my conversations with MPR Performance they have a GT500 which they sent me pics of and they are replicating it from the original as a 1 piece unit. The video here from their site shows this. As it was also stated that the brackets are also going to be made from Carbon Fiber and not metal. Hope the video helps.
That's exactly what I was told, So I took the chance and ordered it. John at MPR has been very clear about being an exact replica from the one in the video that he took off their gt 500.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what I was told, So I took the chance and ordered it. John at MPR has been very clear about being an exact replica from the one in the video that he took off their gt 500.
Same here and if turns out to be otherwise I want a full refund cause I saved all communications.

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
I believe the oem brackets are a black aluminum? The MPR will be a carbon fiber? Correct? That would be a deal breaker for me as it's not an exact replica

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I believe the oem brackets are a black aluminum? The MPR will be a carbon fiber? Correct? That would be a deal breaker for me as it's not an exact replica
Not for me, the only thing that would be a deal breaker is if it wasnt as sturdy. And I'm sure the brackets can be bought from anywhere.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I think the oem ones are painted carbon fiber, someone correct me if I am wrong. Also at this price compared to the cost of the oem wing as long as the wing is the same I could care less about the mounting brackets. I am sure MPR will not sell something that is not capable of standing up to the forces.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I think the oem ones are painted carbon fiber, someone correct me if I am wrong. Also at this price compared to the cost of the oem wing as long as the wing is the same I could care less about the mounting brackets. I am sure MPR will not sell something that is not capable of standing up to the forces.
As far as its been said its metal painted brackets. Even MPR said they were metal.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
As far as its been said its metal painted brackets. Even MPR said they were metal.
look at post #69 shows picture of mount and sure looks like carbon fiber to me. I do see the letters cf under the part #.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
look at post #69 shows picture of mount and sure looks like carbon fiber to me. I do see the letters cf under the part #.
If thats the current wing bracket is the one in the picture, and you should look at post #68 because you said it was metal as well.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not for me, the only thing that would be a deal breaker is if it wasnt as sturdy. And I'm sure the brackets can be bought from anywhere.
So who is going to send their wing to me to test?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Very cool!

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So who is going to send their wing to me to test?
I'm sorry Tom you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice :crackup: I'm more than sure I'll be good, plus you have your own dont you?

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
If thats the current wing bracket is the one in the picture, and you should look at post #68 because you said it was metal as well.
Sorry thats what I thought it was at first after talking to MRP until I saw post # 69. Just guess you and me will just have to wait till we get it to see what the MPR mounts will look like. I know other people have taken their mounts off, someone should know for sure if they are metal or carbon fiber, please clear up this issue for us.
Sponsored