CFTP Wing by MPR Performance

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Well the rear deck was replaced on gt350s #002 because the first rear deck collapsed from the down force so ford sent him a new one. That rear deck has three holes in a row. I know it’s not a GT4 car however this is one of several changes Ford made to the other gt350s.
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Are you going to buy a new deck lid?
At the moment yes I was looking up ford parts cause my body shop wasnt sure if all the lids were the same, and from what I see '15 to present all fit. I am looking to get one that had no spoiler so it would be less hole plugging. I'm sure there are lids out there that are at the yard that had no spoliers, which I think would be the best way to go.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well the rear deck was replaced on gt350s #002 because the first rear deck collapsed from the down force so ford sent him a new one. That rear deck has three holes in a row. I know it’s not a GT4 car however this is one of several changes Ford made to the other gt350s.
Do you mean FP350S?

At the moment yes I was looking up ford parts cause my body shop wasnt sure if all the lids were the same, and from what I see '15 to present all fit. I am looking to get one that had no spoiler so it would be less hole plugging. I'm sure there are lids out there that are at the yard that had no spoliers, which I think would be the best way to go.
I mentioned it earlier, just order the Bullitt decklid. It has no holes, otherwise it is the same. Or find any S550 decklid from a yard and have the holes welded up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Tob,

I asked @Weee500 twice now about the wing reinforcement spec to avoid deck lid damage. I'm thinking of getting a CF deck lid and Anderson Composites says it has to be reinforced. Do you have any info?

Thanks

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I haven't owned an AC decklid I would agree based on their own recommendation. Did they specify where they felt it was weakest?

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I mentioned it earlier, just order the Bullitt decklid. It has no holes, otherwise it is the same. Or find any S550 decklid from a yard and have the holes welded up.
I know, but like you and I also said getting an s550 with no spoiler (spoiler delete) will work just as well. I have time to decide as this wing wont be ready until Dec. And it probably will depend on my guy and how busy he is, either way I have until next spring.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I know, but like you and I also said getting an s550 with no spoiler (spoiler delete) will work just as well. I have time to decide as this wing wont be ready until Dec. And it probably will depend on my guy and how busy he is, either way I have until next spring.
According to the parts dept. at ford there is a different part # for the shelby deck lid then just a regular mustang.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because "regular" Mustangs don't have the Swing that the GT350/GT500's have nor do they get the wing from the CFTP car. That said, you can use ANY S550 decklid on your GT500 if you want to bolt on a wing. You just have to weld up unused holes (if present) and drill for the wing mounts. It's that easy.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Because "regular" Mustangs don't have the Swing that the GT350/GT500's have nor do they get the wing from the CFTP car. That said, you can use ANY S550 decklid on your GT500 if you want to bolt on a wing. You just have to weld up unused holes (if present) and drill for the wing mounts. It's that easy.
This is correct, from this link it shows exactly that: https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/Deck-Lid/62901264/FR3Z6340110A.html

Pick any year from 2015 to present and it will state it fits. This also led me to believe any deck lid will work and as Epiphany said if there are holes you patch them up.

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hey Tob,

I asked @Weee500 twice now about the wing reinforcement spec to avoid deck lid damage. I'm thinking of getting a CF deck lid and Anderson Composites says it has to be reinforced. Do you have any info?

Thanks
I never saw any of your questions. Im sorry as I been gone since Thursday at Road America. Anyways. They used 1/4in steel tube. Welded on the thick sides of the trunk and not the sheet metal. Be careful when TIG welding to stop every 30sec and use compressed air to cool it down otherwise you’ll ruin your paint as the metal is thin.

For me personally, I used 3/8in thick Chromoly steel. Overkill, but it works. When I move to a CF trunk, I’ll have to custom design the brackets to reinforce it.

Sponsored

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd be interested to find out the price. That is an exact replica so it seems. I have no idea if the Ford wing is patented, if so, there could be problems.
So, is this in fact a 100% exact replica? I just can't seem to find a clear answer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So, is this in fact a 100% exact replica? I just can't seem to find a clear answer.
Nobody knows for sure. It seems the aftermarket peeps are using oem photos for their promotional photos.

It looks like all the aftermarket wings have screws to hold the side plates on.

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
Nobody knows for sure. It seems the aftermarket peeps are using oem photos for their promotional photos.

It looks like all the aftermarket wings have screws to hold the side plates on.
UGH- dang. I guess will have to wait for the first delivered unit.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
UGH- dang. I guess will have to wait for the first delivered unit.
Call each prospective manufacturer. That's the only way to know

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
The two outer holes along the decklid edge are "in a row" (vertically). And as I mentioned, the third hole, to the right, the lower of the two, is used latch the decklid down into place. Here you can see it from the topside, in place on one of Multimatic's GT4 cars.

i-8msKR2k-L.jpg

Thanks for the shots. I'm familiar with the GT4 wing and hardware and wondered what you did to use the GT4 uprights with the production car CFTP wing with it's embedded mounting bracket. I see you drilled out the hole at the top front/rear of each bracket and didn't use the other brackets that the GT4 wing uses up top.

IMG_4896-X2.jpg

Out of curiosity, did you even have to put pressure on the uprights inward or outward to get them to mate so readily with the CFTP wing's embedded bracket? It'd be surprising if the fit was perfect, as if it was designed to be that way.
I had to use a tiny bit of pressure inward (on the mounts) to fit the wing. But VERY tiny.
Sponsored