Sponsored

Bullitt vs GT - Hardware Differences

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I think you’re right about that particular article, and I’ve heard that before, but I just don’t believe that Ford simply pulled one on everybody and installed a lower power manifold on the Bullitt/Mach1 for nasty reasons as if they knew full well that the stock gen3 one makes better power.

I suspect the 18+ IM has a beefier torque curve but high rpm power must be better on the GT350.
Bullit made more power stock but the Ford Performance calibration with (AFAIK) same thottle body and intake that Bullit has (and stock manifold) ended with just as much power and higher torque. Sounds like there isn't that much difference between the manifolds and it's all up to engine calibration anyway.
Sponsored

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Wow, that would be great! Getting them from Germany to Romania shouldn't be a problem. We can arrange the details in private.
What's interesting is that you managed to improve on the original Euro Bullitt by using a GT manifold and a custom tune. So I guess custom tunes compatible with Euro vehicles are now available. That's good to know.
The tuner seems to be using the HPtuners software and interface. Did they by any chance save your original configuration before loading the new tune? Do you happen to have the original .HPT file?

There's an older thread discussing the difference in the exhaust sound between the Bullitt and the plain vanilla GT, and the conclusion was that it's all due to the different intake and tune. Have you noticed any change in this respect with the GT manifold and JLT intake?

I'm not a member of that Facebook group. I'll check it out. Maybe I'll join.
I'm not an expert on Tuning at all, but I did quite some extensive google research before I picked my tune(r)
And as a disclaimer: this is all only relevant to EU models and tunes, which are still compliant with GERMAN regulation, and we regulate a lot!

- the stock GT 2018+ intake manifold may lead to a bit higher power output at high rpm and a bit low end torque.
- the bullitt /GT 350 intake manifold may lead to a bit lower power at high rpm and bit less low end torque.
- the combination of an aftermarket CAI, the 87mm throttle and the GT manifold is the only combination legally available in Germany, which leads to more than 500 HP

I do have the original .hpt file ;-)

I did not pay attention to any changes in exhaust sound. What I do know, is that the exhaust valves open and close a bit different in the EU Model, to acommodate for different regulation in noise emissions.

The question regarding the Ford Mustang Romania group:
They organized a quite big Mustang Fest in Sinaia in 2018 and 2019 where i participated, still with my 2015 Ecoboost.

Have a great day,
Jörg

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Bullit made more power stock but the Ford Performance calibration with (AFAIK) same thottle body and intake that Bullit has (and stock manifold) ended with just as much power and higher torque. Sounds like there isn't that much difference between the manifolds and it's all up to engine calibration anyway.
You could be right but it means that Ford is simply pulling one on us. Doesn’t make sense. The 18 IM is cheaper to manufacture so it also doesn’t make sense that they’d go with the GT350 and hurt lower rpm performance. Ford and FP won’t chime in here but I’m sure they’d say there are legit performance reasons they went the way they did. Maybe with a carb friendly tune it is easier to make power up top with the gt350.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think any tune you use may void warranty. As far as I know any tunes you upload resets a counter in the car and they could void the warranty. I don’t know how Europe works but in the US they have to prove failure was caused by the tune but just something to be aware of.

The difference in power would be so little that it could probably be made up by lighter wheels, lighter driveshaft, etc.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Only difference in the GT350 / Bullitt is GR vs KR and the ending letter. All number sequence match.
I'll wager the engine bay harness in the Bullitt and Mach is the difference but I'm just fortune telling for fun. Who really knows without pulling connectors on the Bullitt / Mach.
Ending letter would be a release/revision level, which suggests a difference. It's probably just wiring.

First character (the K and G) is the model year it first appeared. R3 is product line. Z is responsibility code. 9424 is the part number.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Ending letter would be a release/revision level, which suggests a difference. It's probably just wiring.

First character (the K and G) is the model year it first appeared. R3 is product line. Z is responsibility code. 9424 is the part number.
We just need a Bullitt or Mach owner to check the IMRC connectors and we’ll know the answer.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The Bullitt is homely, the chrome trim around the grille reminds me of a J.C. Whitney add on, one mediocre color. And don't get me started on those bland retro wheels.
Dude out here acting like Red and Silver look good talking about mediocre color LOL

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
There were acceleration tests posted here a while ago that showed the GT350 IM posted a quicker 60-130 mph time than an '18 IM. That said, if you can get the service there, just get your stock TB and IM ported. That combined with a drop in air filter will get you most of the way there, if not all 20 hp, and won't require a retune. I did a K&N CAI, ported TB, ported IM, and Borla catback and picked up noticeable and measurable gains without a tune on my '18 GT PP1.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Short of a Cobrajet intake, You already have one of the best intakes going. Yours has better low end torque than the GT350 intake and has power to 7500 rpm.

IMO. Go with a CAI and a good tune. You will find the HP difference there. Add E85 to the tune and you will likely exceed the Bullitt numbers.

For around $1000 bucks you will reach or exceed your goal and blow your warranty to hell :like:

My .2 cents.

Sorry, no offense to the owners of Bullitt's. Still a great car. But......

The Bullitt is homely, the chrome trim around the grille reminds me of a J.C. Whitney add on, one mediocre color. And don't get me started on those bland retro wheels.
(Steeda may have solved this as I am writing this https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-mcqueen-20”-wheels-available.126485/)

Steve was cool, the movie was cool, even the car was reasonably cool. The homage is not for me.

The above is the main reason I don't own one. The HP difference is negligible relative to my 2019 GT and that can be easily remedied.
Everybody’s entitled to their opinion but I couldn’t disagree with you more. I think Bullitts look clean, uncluttered and bad ass. And the power difference is real but you’re right that you can make up for it and far more with e and a tune

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Dude out here acting like Red and Silver look good talking about mediocre color LOL
You are right I should have kept that to myself. It's still a Stang

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The question regarding the Ford Mustang Romania group:
They organized a quite big Mustang Fest in Sinaia in 2018 and 2019 where i participated, still with my 2015 Ecoboost.
I didn't have the Mustang back then. But now I may participate if they do it again. And if you ever happen to come to Romania again, with or without a Mustang Fest, please let me know. :)

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You are right I should have kept that to myself. It's still a Stang
It really depends on what you're looking for and perhaps what age you're at ... I'm in my mid-50's, business casual attire for work and needed a V8 stick Mustang that was less "showy" and more "classy" ... Bullitt is exactly that.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It really depends on what you're looking for and perhaps what age you're at ... I'm in my mid-50's, business casual attire for work and needed a V8 stick Mustang that was less "showy" and more "classy" ... Bullitt is exactly that.
Funnily enough, the reason I didn't buy a Bullitt was the opposite. I didn't want a Mustang with no pony badge whatsoever - neither on the grille, nor on the steering wheel, nor anywhere else. The "dog bowl" logo meant nothing to me. To me the pony defines the Mustang.
Of course, I could have gotten the Bullitt and then replaced the grille, airbag cover and wheel caps. But somehow that thought didn't cross my mind at the time. Besides, it would have been much more expensive overall than it will be to replace the intake now. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: