Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

Does anyone know exactly which parts are physically different between a Bullitt and a GT? I don't mean design features, like badges, door sills or the shift knob. I mean things that are responsible for the differences in power and sound.
I know the intake and throttle body are different. What else? The intake manifold, perhaps? Anything else?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Hi,

Does anyone know exactly which parts are physically different between a Bullitt and a GT? I don't mean design features, like badges, door sills or the shift knob. I mean things that are responsible for the differences in power and sound.
I know the intake and throttle body are different. What else? The intake manifold, perhaps? Anything else?

Thank you.
Strictly speaking about the power difference.

GT350 Intake Manifold
GT350 Throttle Body
GT350 Air filter/intake

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
It also has everything a performance package 1 has besides the spoiler. This includes the bigger radiator, brembo brakes, upgraded sway bars, and the strut tower

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Strictly speaking about the power difference.

GT350 Intake Manifold
GT350 Throttle Body
GT350 Air filter/intake
Thank you. :like:
I was kind of hoping that the manifold wouldn't be on that list, but I realize now that the chances of that being the case were pretty slim.

It also has everything a performance package 1 has besides the spoiler. This includes the bigger radiator, brembo brakes, upgraded sway bars, and the strut tower
Indeed. I didn't think of those because my GT is Euro-spec and has them (except the strut tower brace), but it's a good point. :like:
Thanks.

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Pretty sure those are exactly the same between the Bullitt and Mach1. They both use the OEM GT350/Voodoo parts.

There might be a bit different tuning between them, but the hardware is the same.
The OP wanted the differences from a regular GT mustang, versus a Bullitt.

Yes the Mach 1 uses the same engine config as the Bullitt.

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
I’ve also heard the bullitt was “tuned” to sound like an old mustang like the one in the movie. Not sure if this is true but the Bullitt definitely has a unique sound to it compared to other mustangs and muscle cars on the street.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Why’s that ?
Because I suspect it's going to be expensive, and maybe not so trivial to replace. Whereas the intake and throttle body alone shouldn't be too much trouble.
I'm trying to figure out what it would take to turn my GT, technically, into a Bullitt. There's also the tune, of course, but that shouldn't be too hard; it's the hardware I'm more worried about.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Because I suspect it's going to be expensive, and maybe not so trivial to replace. Whereas the intake and throttle body alone shouldn't be too much trouble.
I'm trying to figure out what it would take to turn my GT, technically, into a Bullitt. There's also the tune, of course, but that shouldn't be too hard; it's the hardware I'm more worried about.
The manifold is about $500 (at least in the US) new and it's pretty easy to swap with basic hand tools and knowledge on how to turn a wrench.

Not sure about availability of this part to Romania though.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
After 2017 the GT350 manifold is no longer plug & play for the IMRC. 87mm GT350 TB is analog, 2018 up GT 5.0 are digital. Turning your 2020 GT into a Bullitt is a hot mess electrically.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Short of a Cobrajet intake, You already have one of the best intakes going. Yours has better low end torque than the GT350 intake and has power to 7500 rpm.

IMO. Go with a CAI and a good tune. You will find the HP difference there. Add E85 to the tune and you will likely exceed the Bullitt numbers.

For around $1000 bucks you will reach or exceed your goal and blow your warranty to hell :like:

The HP difference is negligible relative to my 2019 GT and that can be easily remedied.

VMP does a nice dyno comparison on intakes. Check it out.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
After 2017 the GT350 manifold is no longer plug & play for the IMRC. 87mm GT350 TB is analog, 2018 up GT 5.0 are digital. Turning your 2020 GT into a Bullitt is a hot mess electrically.
While correct to a degree, there's a little more to it than that. The Bullitt/Mach1 intake manifold carries a different part number than the actual '15-'20 GT350 unit.

While the GT350 intake is plug and play in terms of the IMRC on a '15-'17 GT, it's not on the '18+ but presumably the Bullitt/Mach1 unit would be.
Sponsored

Last edited: