Sponsored

Broken rings - which route

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
u either buck out or hold out till someone sells a spare they just finished its a bitch im rebuilding my spare now but its 5 weeks out till I post a long block for sale
Sponsored

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
OP can have his block sleeved and shortblock assembled with rods and pistons for 5600..
Where can i get my block sleeved and assembled with rods and pistons for 5600? Im interested in that.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Any machine shop thats familiar with coyotes. Its not some killer price or anything. Thats just what it costs.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OP is in Canada.

11K seems about right for CAD.
Already converted haha, they wanted 15K cad

I got a new shop to quote me. The first guy was a douche, I asked him for the part list and why the price is what it is and he told me

"I dont give out part list, if you want to get it done this is how much it'll cost and it'll support your build"
I was like WTF how am I supposed to know what you're replacing the parts with..

Anyways;
New guy quoted me 10k CAD (7300 USD)

"
Complete billet rod and forged piston/ring kit
ARP stud kit upper and lower
Performance gasket set
Oil and filter
Performance main and rod bearings
All above parts added up to approx. $4500
Labour package would be approx $5000 ... pretty straight forward.
Leave about $500 in budget for misc parts - say new timing chains and tensioners etc
All of that puts the project right at the 10k mark,...."

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
smann,

I have followed your dilemma. I hope you can get your Mustang going for a reasonable price.

Seems to me that 5K for labor is pretty steep, but then I have always done my own engine builds so I don't know what the going rate for engine builds are now days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
smann,

I have followed your dilemma. I hope you can get your Mustang going for a reasonable price.

Seems to me that 5K for labor is pretty steep, but then I have always done my own engine builds so I don't know what the going rate for engine builds are now days.
Works out to around 3700$ USD

Honestly these guys seem to be my best bet.
I also have the route of getting a whole new engine for 7200$ USD installed by a Ford dealer.

Not sure what to do

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
smann,

Give it some time, sleep on it. You'll make the right decision. I will be following how it goes, so please update us.

Not sure what the automotive labor rate is in Canada, but assuming $100.00 an hour/$5,000 = 50 hours. No way it would take that many labor hours. But I understand you may have limited options.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looks good.

Surprised Boundary gears aren’t already included though and are an extra! Especially if they’re touting a 1200 horsepower rating. Maybe some of the experts here can elaborate a little more on parts choices for this build. Short lock, so still some assembly required.
Also not sure of shipping to Canada and what that would look like.
Deal or no deal?

Sponsored
OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yep, you can, assuming you have the heads and everything else to complete it. I would go straight through RPG though. I was talking to them last week and for that same 1000 whp engine they charge $6,200 which includes freight.
Can't I just use stock heads? car will be a street build on 93.
Prob won't push past 750-800whp with meth
Thats what I planned atleast..
Let me know otherwise, I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to engine building mechanics/materials

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can't I just use stock heads? car will be a street build on 93.
Prob won't push past 750-800whp with meth
Thats what I planned atleast..
Let me know otherwise, I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to engine building mechanics/materials
Yes, stock heads are fine to use. Just wasnt sure what all was damaged. I would give RPG a call and talk to them. they were very helpful.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Looks good.

Surprised Boundary gears aren’t already included though and are an extra! Especially if they’re touting a 1200 horsepower rating. Maybe some of the experts here can elaborate a little more on parts choices for this build. Short lock, so still some assembly required.
Also not sure of shipping to Canada and what that would look like.
Deal or no deal?
I kind of found a way how to get stuff across for cheap with minimal tax... Sssh though lol

I just bought a supercharger, new wheels, tires !
Also got my carbon fiber see thru hood waiting to be put on after I get this engine built and whipple ontop

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes, stock heads are fine to use. Just wasnt sure what all was damaged. I would give RPG a call and talk to them. they were very helpful.
Just gave them a call.. Looks like I'm getting a shortblock from RPG.

Good call on this you just saved me some money and prob getting a better block as well.
Cheers to you

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just gave them a call.. Looks like I'm getting a shortblock from RPG.

Good call on this you just saved me some money and prob getting a better block as well.
Cheers to you
Awesome, Congrats! Hopefully one day I will have one from them too. I was asking Lund about a built motor with MMR and they steered me away and told me they recommend RPG. Should be a pretty bad A build. Good luck!
Sponsored