Sponsored

Broken crankshaft

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Man, my OCD is off the charts...
I've seen you post a lot of negative things. I've also seen you give a lot of advice. What I haven't seen is any work "you" have done. Let's see it. Or, are you one of those guys that has to have an ASE mechanic install your Roush supercharger?
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I've seen you post a lot of negative things. I've also seen you give a lot of advice. What I haven't seen is any work "you" have done. Let's see it. Or, are you one of those guys that has to have an ASE mechanic install your Roush supercharger?
1628446286959.png

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Sounds like a fair question

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Here is a little project I just wrapped up. A buddy of mine leaves his tools all over the place and I thought they would make a great motor mount. Turns out, I do have mad skills.

1628450815773.png

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Here is a little project I just wrapped up. A buddy of mine leaves his tools all over the place and I thought they would make a great motor mount. Turns out, I do have mad skills.

1628450815773.png

1628454523674.png

lol try again man. This is an image from the internet that's been around for years.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
On a Different note. I got a couple of good 3rd gear hits in this morning and the car stayed together so that’s a plus. Seriously, it’s running great it’s shifting at around 7300 rpm and making 11 pounds of boost which I’m happy with for now. When good boost weather comes back around I may turn it up a notch. We’ll see

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You're snorting something alright. Looks like @wazslow has you figured out.
Yep, you both have me figured out alright...I am just a punk kid who never turned a wrench. A know-nothing that just runs her mouth. I don't even have any tools. Well, I do have one of those little hammers that the handle unscrews and there are screwdrivers inside. It's purple and has flowers painted on it.

You both are indeed better than me and obviously have vastly superior skills and knowledge. In comparison I am a mere child, infantile even. I bet your toolboxes are just loaded with many big shiny tools! Amirite? Amirite? I'm so jelly!

I sure hope the guys at the auto parts store don't find out. I really like hanging out there pretending I am "looking for parts".

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
TGGT,

I am sorry this topic has taken an off path course.

Great news, just what I was hoping to hear. 11 pounds of boost ain't no slouch. With that new healthy motor and the preventative measures you have taken, you should have a long service life.

Now you can move onto that KIA timing issue!!

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Yep, you both have me figured out alright...I am just a punk kid who never turned a wrench. A know-nothing that just runs her mouth. I don't even have any tools. Well, I do have one of those little hammers that the handle unscrews and there are screwdrivers inside. It's purple and has flowers painted on it.

You both are indeed better than me and obviously have vastly superior skills and knowledge. In comparison I am a mere child, infantile even. I bet your toolboxes are just loaded with many big shiny tools! Amirite? Amirite? I'm so jelly!

I sure hope the guys at the auto parts store don't find out. I really like hanging out there pretending I am "looking for parts".
At least you tried honesty this time.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
TGGT,

I am sorry this topic has taken an off path course.

Great news, just what I was hoping to hear. 11 pounds of boost ain't no slouch. With that new healthy motor and the preventative measures you have taken, you should have a long service life.

Now you can move onto that KIA timing issue!!
I’ve had the heads off the Kia for a week or so. I’ll be taking them to the machine shop this morning. It looks like 2-3 cylinders made contact with the valves so hopefully it doesn’t cost me too much. I should probably just get rid of it, but it’s been a good car for the most part and if I drive it to work 3 or 4 days a week it keeps the miles off the mustang.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
TGGT,

With all auto prices like they are, I would fix it. Sounds like you are an excellent mechanic. Wish I could find someone like that to hire for my business.

Near impossible to find a mechanically inclined/talented person now days.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
TGGT,

With all auto prices like they are, I would fix it. Sounds like you are an excellent mechanic. Wish I could find someone like that to hire for my business.

Near impossible to find a mechanically inclined/talented person now days.
Thanks for the compliment. I’d like to think I’m pretty good at what I do. And yes finding good help is extremely difficult. We recently hired an ex bmw tech at my shop who was supposed to be really good. Turns out the only thing he was good at was drinking on the job. He was a sloppy technician too. They let him go after 1 week
Sponsored