turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Looks like that’s an o ring. My pump has an o ring on it. Is there nothing that goes between the pump and the mounting flange? I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything that might affect pump preload
Not on mine
Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Got it running today! All I needed was that roller lifter for the di pump and she started right up. I was watching my oil pressure pid on my laptop and it was stuck at zero which of course had me concerned, but it turned out to be a glitch in the software. My dash read normal oil pressure and when I removed and reloaded the oil pressure pid on the vcm scanner it started reading. Anyway it runs great. No ticking like I was hearing when it wouldn’t start. I was super relieved

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
Congratulations!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Got it running today! All I needed was that roller lifter for the di pump and she started right up. I was watching my oil pressure pid on my laptop and it was stuck at zero which of course had me concerned, but it turned out to be a glitch in the software. My dash read normal oil pressure and when I removed and reloaded the oil pressure pid on the vcm scanner it started reading. Anyway it runs great. No ticking like I was hearing when it wouldn’t start. I was super relieved
Wow, you missed a grenade their. Great to hear it is running great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Car runs great, good oil pressure, but …. It does have a rattling noise that I can hear clear as day when I put my stethoscope on the crank support. I’m probably going to have to pull the support off. See if the noise is still there. Then I’ll start pulling belts and hopefully I find it before I’m staring at the timing cover. I will say I am somewhat second guessing my decision to go with mmr oil pump gears though pointing any fingers is premature at this point

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Car runs great, good oil pressure, but …. It does have a rattling noise that I can hear clear as day when I put my stethoscope on the crank support. I’m probably going to have to pull the support off. See if the noise is still there. Then I’ll start pulling belts and hopefully I find it before I’m staring at the timing cover. I will say I am somewhat second guessing my decision to go with mmr oil pump gears though pointing any fingers is premature at this point
If you put your stethoscope on the bearing support housing and against the oil pump cover, and underneath check all your mains one at a time, then the timing cover top to bottom, you will be able to isolate exactly the location of the noise. Also, might recommend removing your oil filter and send off to have it annalized. Good luck and take your time.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So I googled mmr oil pump gear noise and the first thing that came up was a post from a guy with a s197 with the exact same noise I have and I came across numerous post from people with noises relating to mmr oil pump gears. Anyway I preemptively ordered a set of gears from boundry. I ran them in my old engine and they worked perfectly so I went with them again. Not looking forward to tearing it all apart again, but if that’s what I have to do than so be it. I just need this thing to be perfect. I changed the oil in it today and it looked perfect as did the filter. I didn’t cut the filter open and really I don’t have reason too at this point

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think I remember posts on here that the Boundry gears are not heat treated properly.

If I am wrong sorry.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So I googled mmr oil pump gear noise and the first thing that came up was a post from a guy with a s197 with the exact same noise I have and I came across numerous post from people with noises relating to mmr oil pump gears. Anyway I preemptively ordered a set of gears from boundry. I ran them in my old engine and they worked perfectly so I went with them again. Not looking forward to tearing it all apart again, but if that’s what I have to do than so be it. I just need this thing to be perfect. I changed the oil in it today and it looked perfect as did the filter. I didn’t cut the filter open and really I don’t have reason too at this point
I wonder if that’s the buddy of mine with a whipple s197…hmmm I remember his shit was rattling

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think I remember posts on here that the Boundry gears are not heat treated properly.

If I am wrong sorry.
I’m just going off of my previous experience with the boundry gears. Truth be told I wanted the Ford performance gears, but no one has them in stock

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
I ordered some MMR gears a few months ago and the clearances were pretty large. I returned them for another set and the same issue. I went with the boundry and they were tighter in comparison. They have been fine, without any extra noise.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah I’ve seen that before and just watched it again. No blame on the boundry gears and seeing that my engine was brand new the pump housing should be good. I did check for any available movement of the housing before I snugged down the bolts but near as I could tell it looked perfect

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST