Bringing Wheels to the Track

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
The few times I was at Epping or Lebanon, the folks were nothing but nice. And the fans at NPK were great as well. It is like one big happy family until the tree lights up. My next trip to either track will be more enjoyable since my truck is staying home.
I will say in my very limited dragstrip experience, it is on par with the folks you meet in shooting sports.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Nobody wants your road wheels. But if you're that paranoid get a length of chain and loop it thru and pad lock.

But that's road course. Drag strip people I can't vouch for. šŸ˜‰
Yeah I was referring to a drag strip & I wish I could say no one wants my wheels but I'd beg to differ. I've had my windows broken & cheap stereo stolen as well as window broken just for a case of cd's in the past. When my ex girlfriend's house got broken into I had chained all 4/20" chrome wheels together & they still tried to steal them, but as they tried pulling them through the door, the stack fell down & they could not pull them through & gave up. I'm glad you live in a nice respectful community where stuff never gets stolen. But you're right on the wheels, I could just drive up in my stock wheels instead my 20s

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Are those OEM PP2 wheels or painted Ford Performance?
They are 19x11 SVE SP2 wheels. They are made to look like OEM PP2 wheels but they're about 10 lbs lighter per wheel.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've had to do a similar tire/wheel transport but had only one wheel in the passenger seat and the trunk wouldn't close all the way. It's doable.

Are those OEM PP2 wheels or painted Ford Performance?
You are doing something wrong :D
Here is a photo how to fit 4x305/30 tires with rims in a car 3 on the back seats and 1 in the trunk. Also enough space for a jack and some luggage space.

IMG_0082.jpeg

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Here is a photo how to fit 4x305/30 tires with rims in a car 3 on the back seats and 1 in the trunk. Also enough space for a jack and some luggage space.

IMG_0082.jpeg
Sardines. Are those 19s or 20s? I was trying to stuff 20" GT500 tires. But nice job on either way. Do you work for FedEx or DHL?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sardines. Are those 19s or 20s? I was trying to stuff 20" GT500 tires. But nice job on either way. Do you work for FedEx or DHL?
This are 19x11 and no I don't work for FedEx or DHL someone posted this somewhere in the forum and decided to test it works like a charm.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

IMG_0082.jpeg
So are all three are parallel or is one perpendicular to the other two? I'm too tall to make one fit behind the drivers seat like that. I end up having to put one in the trunk, two in the back seat and one in the passenger seat. That leaves room in the trunk for tools and stuff but no room for a passenger.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So are all three are parallel or is one perpendicular to the other two? I'm too tall to make one fit behind the drivers seat like that. I end up having to put one in the trunk, two in the back seat and one in the passenger seat. That leaves room in the trunk for tools and stuff but no room for a passenger.
I donā€™t have a picture but last year when going to the track I had a passenger and realized I will never do that again lol. Fortunately it was only an hour to the track. I had one in the trunk, two parallel to the car and one behind me perpendicular. Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ so not the tallest but I was able to endure an hour drive. After that, I put more attention to fixing my tow vehicle lol

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Get tire bags to make your life easier. Without them, the tires just grap on everything and it's really tough to position them. In nylon tire bags, though, they slide right into spot easy-peasy.

Start with rear seats down. Put the first tire on the back of the laid down seats, put one in the spare well. Pull the first one back out of the way as much as possible, put the last 2 upright and angled behind the seats. You can't put the seats all the way back, but I'm 5-8, so go to hell, tall people, OSB.

Reactions: ZPD

Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I fit 4 305s in my car. 2 in the back seat folded down with one tire flat and the other is leaning on it at a 45 degree angle. One in the spare tire well and the 4th on top of the third. The plastic trim just inside the trunk needs to be removed to get the 4th tire in but it all fits and I can still fit all my tools and a passenger.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nobody wants your road wheels. But if you're that paranoid get a length of chain and loop it thru and pad lock.

But that's road course. Drag strip people I can't vouch for. šŸ˜‰
There is not a lot of random people at the typical track day. We almost all have tires and tools that we have to leave when we are on track. So we look out for each other. If it makes you feel better, say hello to your paddock neighbors and ask them to watch your stuff when you are on track.

But if you are really paranoid, a long cable (or chain, per shotgun) and padlock might make you feel more secure.

I do pretty much the same at an autocross, though there, there is more chance of random people, but I have fewer tools and at most one extra set of tires. Though I guess you are usually not that far away from your paddock space.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Anyone who steals s--t at an autocross gets drug into the center of the course and used for an apex cone.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
With 315s on 11"s you should be able to do two in the back seat with one perpendicular behind the drivers seat.

With a Ford rear seat delete (and 18" wheels) its a little easier, I can actually do all three parallel with ok drivers seat room (no seat padding back there taking up space), but I'm 5'10".

I'm still working out how to best do the 315s on 11s and 12s. With one 12" in the trunk makes it tough to get toolbox in there (need a shorter toolbox I guess), with both 12s in the rear seat, I can really only fit them all parallel, which is ok, but I like the last one perpendicular as it gives more options for packing misc stuff.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I can actually do all three parallel with ok drivers seat room (no seat padding back there taking up space), but I'm 5'10".
You mean a reasonable, if not tall, height for a proper racing driver? Hey, 6' 6" guys, OSB!
Sponsored