Sponsored

Bringing Wheels to the Track

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
With 315s on 11"s you should be able to do two in the back seat with one perpendicular behind the drivers seat.

With a Ford rear seat delete (and 18" wheels) its a little easier, I can actually do all three parallel with ok drivers seat room (no seat padding back there taking up space), but I'm 5'10".

I'm still working out how to best do the 315s on 11s and 12s. With one 12" in the trunk makes it tough to get toolbox in there (need a shorter toolbox I guess), with both 12s in the rear seat, I can really only fit them all parallel, which is ok, but I like the last one perpendicular as it gives more options for packing misc stuff.
Dennis (boardkat) posted a picture of his setup, 3 wide in the back seat (delete), one in the trunk and a ton of spare parts and tools, including a spare rear end pumpkin in the trunk. It was very impressive, but Dennis is nuts. I get two 305's in the trunk and two 315's in the back seat and have plenty of room for extra stuff.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Dennis (boardkat) posted a picture of his setup, 3 wide in the back seat (delete), one in the trunk and a ton of spare parts and tools, including a spare rear end pumpkin in the trunk. It was very impressive, but Dennis is nuts. I get two 305's in the trunk and two 315's in the back seat and have plenty of room for extra stuff.

im seriously considering trying to improve my packing efficiency.

Wheels, jack, chair, cooler, helmet, grid bag, luggage, water sprayer

Plus
towel and sponge for carwash, e85 pump, 5 gal jerry can, site bag (luggage stays at the hotel), tarp to keep all that crap dry when it rains, etc.

i’d love to fit another 5gal gas can and some sort of pitbike or (ugh) scooter, but we’re close to capacity as things currently stand.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I fit 4 305s in my car. 2 in the back seat folded down with one tire flat and the other is leaning on it at a 45 degree angle. One in the spare tire well and the 4th on top of the third. The plastic trim just inside the trunk needs to be removed to get the 4th tire in but it all fits and I can still fit all my tools and a passenger.
I might try that for my track trips this year as my method is preventing me from using the inside mirror during the trips and i plan to do a 2000 km's trip to the Nurburgring this year. This will help.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Tire bags really help for positioning, because they are slick and don't grab on to everything like a bare tire. It's like you have more room, just because you can get stuff where you actually want it.
Sponsored