Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
So, I had to figure out that GLOC is actually G-Loc, but I like that they're semi-local to me in NC. However, they don't seem to sell direct to retail, and randomly looking at their dealers, I can't find Ford amongst many of them, and one that did, only carried pads for the GT350/500. Who is a good vendor for the R10 on a GT PP1 car? I ask, thinking that the R10 would be a good pad for me, an experienced HPDE driver who runs on street tires but brakes aggressively, and who would prefer not to have a dedicated set of rotors (although I will if recommended). I'll swap pads between events, which I now do no more than twice a year.

Thanks!
Opmustang.com
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
So, I had to figure out that GLOC is actually G-Loc, but I like that they're semi-local to me in NC. However, they don't seem to sell direct to retail, and randomly looking at their dealers, I can't find Ford amongst many of them, and one that did, only carried pads for the GT350/500. Who is a good vendor for the R10 on a GT PP1 car? I ask, thinking that the R10 would be a good pad for me, an experienced HPDE driver who runs on street tires but brakes aggressively, and who would prefer not to have a dedicated set of rotors (although I will if recommended). I'll swap pads between events, which I now do no more than twice a year.

Thanks!
OP Mustang, Vorshlag, KNS Brakes all carry G-Loc pads

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
x3 - Tim is one of us and will take the time to answer any questions you have, drawing from thousands of hours of customer experience, including his own. He also ships super fast!

https://www.opmustang.com/

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Thanks all. OPMustang's price seems reasonable as well.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
R10 is probably going to squeak on the street. Best bet is to get a set of GLoc GS1 pads for the street if you can afford it. Compatible compounds with their R pads mean no need to resurface the rotor when changing from track pad to street pad. GS1 are pretty good for the street. Slightly less dusty than the Ford OEM pads and not quite as much of an aggressive initial bite.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Can I ask why so many people recommend different COF pads front and rear. It's been my experience that factory brake bias is front heavy. Putting a less aggressive pad in the rear seems like it would give up braking performance. What happens with an R10/R10 set up? Does the car get squirrelly under braking?
It's not a clear cut answer. Often the difference is strongly related to the temperature the pad is designed to run at (tolerate). And the rear pads do less work, and thus runs at lower temperature. So the "less aggressive", lower temp rated pads make sense.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I'm running GLOC R18/R12 for the track and swap GS1 in the front for daily duty. I really like the R18's initial bite and modulation when hot compared to the lower heat rated pads. I worked my way up to them R8, R10, R12 then R18. Max you can daily in my opinion is the R12/R10 but you get some funny looks cruising the Whole Foods parking lot.
Sponsored