Best 200TW for the TRACK

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The RS is a time trial tire IIRC, so more for track use, versus the RE71R autoxcross tire. If they actually are discontinuing the RE71R its probably not so it can be replaced with the RS, I bet. Frankly they’re due for an new R replacement tho, esp with the new A052 starting to eat Bridgestone’s lunch.
Bridgestone has had the dominant tire over the last several years. During that time, they've likely been developing its successor.
Sponsored

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Is the 660 the new tire and the 615+ the old one? If so, I was thinking backwards.
Yep. And you’ve got a great sponsored Falken driver in your region that runs CAM-T on 315 660s already (Chad Ryker). He loves them and has gotten even faster since making the switch from the 615K+ and was running at the front even before.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Bridgestone has had the dominant tire over the last several years. During that time, they've likely been developing its successor.
It already exists in Japan, RE-71RS. No ETA on arrival stateside yet, though.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nightmare thinks the RS is more of a time trial tire vs autocross tire. It'd be great if they did both. Gummi's for autocross & something a little stronger for track duty or exceptionally high track temps.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yep. And you’ve got a great sponsored Falken driver in your region that runs CAM-T on 315 660s already (Chad Ryker). He loves them and has gotten even faster since making the switch from the 615K+ and was running at the front even before.
He must be on 18's. I looked at those not long ago & there was no 19" version. I will check Ryker out next week, though.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Here is his review: they look pretty good
Interesting. It seems like more of an autocross tire than track contender. It had good grip out of the box, but on the last of 3 runs (in the heat) seemed pretty greasy. Also, once he hazed the rear tires on a run they didn't recover so quickly.

Overall, though, they seem pretty quick. When you factor in the price, which is likely less than others, these might be a very attractive option.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
FWIW, I loved the RE-71R but couldn't push it too hard on hot days and would often have to come in early to conserve the tire. I made great progress with it but transitioned to the sport Cup 2 and gained even more performance especially later into each driving session. Understandably that is a 180TW tire so not apples to apples. I can also only get 2 track days out of a set of SC2's.

I mostly do advanced HDPE events and dabble in auto-x. The goal was to transition to TT this season but 2020 things happened.

I was very interested in the Falken RT660 but unfortunately it isn't offered in my size yet (305/30/19).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=Azenis+RT660

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I loved the RE-71R but couldn't push it too hard on hot days and would often have to come in early to conserve the tire. I made great progress with it but transitioned to the sport Cup 2 and gained even more performance especially later into each driving session. Understandably that is a 180TW tire so not apples to apples. I can also only get 2 track days out of a set of SC2's.

I mostly do advanced HDPE events and dabble in auto-x. The goal was to transition to TT this season but 2020 things happened.

I was very interested in the Falken RT660 but unfortunately it isn't offered in my size yet (305/30/19).
Both 305 & 315 options are on the Falken website. Cross your fingers.

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
What about light rain performance? Any opinions on the fastest 200twr for that?

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Yokohama A052, followed by RE71R.
Am from PNW, can confirm :)
PS4S followed by ECS for torrential, none of the 200TW can hack it in those conditions. Also tested and confirmed prior to ‘18 nats and then re-confirmed on Day 1 :D

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
71s as well.

But you have to be 'ginger' on them. If you spin up or slide a lot, they go away.
Sponsored