Sponsored

Anyone Supercharged their Mach 1 yet?

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Hello Guys...

Looking to supercharge my Mach 1 but want it to still be drivable and reliable... sometimes when you add too much power to a car the chassis is not setup for it and feels unbalanced or downright dangerous.

The M1 has additional transmission, oil and diff coolers plus the subframe of the GT500, does this mean that the M1 is more than adequate for at least stage I supercharging?

Looking at that info seems that the car can handle much more power than a GT.

Let me know your thoughts and what were your impressions if you SC your Mach 1.

Thanks
JC
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
It is my plan to do so, but I may not end up with the vehicle.
Already have the below items in signature sitting in my garage, but still no build date

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Long term plan for mine is an ESS G3 possibly sitting around 650 WHP. Nice boost from the stock HP amount and still what I would consider reliable. It matches the nature of the car and high revving.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I was happy with the VMP on my 2013 GT...nice and smooth for drivability. Looking at the Whipple sometime down the road, so watching comments as well.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Went Procharger but I'm still in the process of the remote tuning. That coupled with driving the slow winter car means I have no idea if it drives any different but it's supposed to be faster lol.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The M1 has additional transmission, oil and diff coolers plus the subframe of the GT500, does this mean that the M1 is more than adequate for at least stage I supercharging?

Looking at that info seems that the car can handle much more power than a GT.
You should twin supercharge it.

With that transmission and the GT500 parts, I think adding a predator blower along with an ESS centri would be epic!

You could even get a license plate that says "MACH500" to tell everyone just how fast your car can travel through the air.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Supercharging the Mach 1.

PD Blower some random thoughts:

Additional weight over the front of the car, would factory front springs support this as I wouldn't want the handing to be compromised?

Heat soak, I would want to run the largest Air to Air cooler but wouldn't want the front end aero and ducting unique to the Mach 1 to be compromised, from what I've seen it would have to be?

Would the blower detract form the Mach 1's track longevity, you wouldn't be able to run lap after lap with a S/C, 5.0 engine reliability in a track scenario with a blower is a concern?

The Mach 1 is a 5.0 Mustang that can lap consistently without overheating, fitting a PD blower turns the car into a straight line competitor and removes the track focus that the Mach 1 was built with? Are you better off fitting a blower to a standard GT Mustang?

Traction, you fit the blower, empty your wallet to do it and you can only get traction with a drag radial tyre, defeats the purpose of fitting the blower in some ways?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Additional weight over the front of the car, would factory front springs support this as I wouldn't want the handing to be compromised?

Heat soak, I would want to run the largest Air to Air cooler but wouldn't want the front end aero and ducting unique to the Mach 1 to be compromised, from what I've seen it would have to be?

Would the blower detract form the Mach 1's track longevity, you wouldn't be able to run lap after lap with a S/C, 5.0 engine reliability in a track scenario with a blower is a concern?

The Mach 1 is a 5.0 Mustang that can lap consistently without overheating, fitting a PD blower turns the car into a straight line competitor and removes the track focus that the Mach 1 was built with? Are you better off fitting a blower to a standard GT Mustang?

Traction, you fit the blower, empty your wallet to do it and you can only get traction with a drag radial tyre, defeats the purpose of fitting the blower in some ways?
This is exactly why I'd stick with a Centrifugal. Unless you're going for a drag racer, it's the best option to manage heat soak as well. You stay in high rpms most of the time in road courses anyway so your power band should be good.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Search for posts by boardkat and you'll see running a blower for autocross or track is not a cheap or reliable endeavor.

OP
OP

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner

Wold like to know as well…

bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1

My car is made for everyday driving. Added another radiator and water pump to the mishimoto. The pipes from the engine to the X pipe have been replaced. New brake discs and pads of the firm Endless have been installed. The openings are made with mesh. If you want, I'll take a picture.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack