Sponsored

Any easy mods for torque

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I'm about 900 miles into my 2019 Mustang GT PP2 and my goodness off the line this car feels gutless. Granted I'm taking it easy on the "break in" but it doesn't seem like it has much low end torque for a V-8. For those that went with Ford Performance PP2 kits does this increase the torque in the lower RPM range? Am I stuck looking at Roush superchargers?

The car really starts to come alive it feels like pass 3k rpms but I've only been shifting at 4k a few times. I'm not looking to drag race at street lights but the constant minivan beating the Mustang off the line is a bit much.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
15-17 MT82 transmission. The ratios are quite a bit shorter.

Oh, easy?
Well, Flex or E85 tune will give you the biggest bump.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Get a pedalmax or pedal commander. ..you'll discover how much Ford didn't give the buyer. You will also smile more lol..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Get a pedalmax or pedal commander. ..you'll discover how much Ford didn't give the buyer. You will also smile more lol..
Or just press the pedal down more and get the same thing.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Keep in mind yes its a v8...but its ONLY a 302. They were never known to be torque monsters by any means, especially these modular motors. If your car was going to have any catastrophic failures it would have happened already so its more than plenty "broken in" so go bang that sucker off the rev limiter a few times and report back. These cars are gutless till 4500 anyway, hence why the a10 performs so well. After driving the car and realizing where it actually performs you might change your mind. If not, there have been a few guys that have really liked 4.09 gears which should help a ton, especially if you go with a good e85 tune.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I'm about 900 miles into my 2019 Mustang GT PP2 and my goodness off the line this car feels gutless. Granted I'm taking it easy on the "break in" but it doesn't seem like it has much low end torque for a V-8. For those that went with Ford Performance PP2 kits does this increase the torque in the lower RPM range? Am I stuck looking at Roush superchargers?

The car really starts to come alive it feels like pass 3k rpms but I've only been shifting at 4k a few times. I'm not looking to drag race at street lights but the constant minivan beating the Mustang off the line is a bit much.
Honestly,
Shaftmaster 3.5" aluminum DS transformed my 2015 lethargic bottom end. I won't get in the weeds over who's DS to use but I'll say Shaftmaster build quality is 100% on point. Vibration issues...... none ! Car just snaps off the shifts (MT-82 with Motul Multi DCTF).
Also rear subframe lockout helped with taking the lazyboy recliner feel out of the car. I have a combination of BMR CB010 Level 1 with Steeda IRS alignment pins ( this combo has minimal increase NVH )

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really..you push that stock throttle faster and quicker it still opens at the same rate..now it snaps open the throttle plate like i have a throttle cable once more...I was told that by you and your likes for nearly two years. That's two years I didnt get to really enjoy the potential of this 5.0..thank God I listened to the believers.. Think about it..there is a reason they're not handing this product out for the price of a k&n filter..duh

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not really..you push that stock throttle faster and quicker it still opens at the same rate..now it snaps open the throttle plate like i have a throttle cable once more...I was told that by you and your likes for nearly two years. That's two years I didnt get to really enjoy the potential of this 5.0..thank God I listened to the believers.. Think about it..there is a reason they're not handing this product out for the price of a k&n filter..duh
Uh huh. Believe what you want to. It just opens more for a given input. That's all it does. If you're happy, fine, but the only thing those products do is change the input to output ratio. It's a scalar on pedal command, that's it. It doesn't change the throttle body motor speed. If you want to ignore facts because it makes you happy, go for it.

I've owned something very similar for a previous car. It feels quicker but isn't. It makes no more torque. It was a fun novelty for a few weeks but I ditched it in favor of having pedal modulation.

Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack

Any tuner should be able to scale your "Normal" "Track" and "Wet/Snow" mode pedal positions as well. In HPT, the parameters are all there. I scaled my track one slightly and much prefer it to the stock configuration.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Another factor here is Ford puts a lot of torque limiting on the 15-17s, maybe it’s the same on the 18s. Some tuners remove some or all of this. It increases response without having to change the throttle demand tables.

The pedal commander pedalmax thing just change the throttle demand table that’s it. In fact Ford already did this with the sport mode. It increases the actual throttle output for a given input. These throttle devices probably give the illusion removing throttle lag because there’s less time putting your foot down.

I have a Lund tune and I don’t feel any throttle lag. I did feel some throttle lag when I was stock. Lund did not touch the throttle demand tables. The only thing they do is reduce the amount of the torque limiting in the tune.

If I’m being perfectly honest, I would like to see if Lund can change the throttle table in the sport mode so it’s linear 1:1. This would make the pedal easier to modulate. I would never give up throttle modulation. It makes it harder to drive the car IMO and in some cases could make things unsafe if you’re driving really fast. Just offering my two cents.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope..actual mechanical proof ..you cant push pedal farther or faster or tune this in or sport mode this in

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Nothing will give you more noticeable torque except super charging. I've test driven PP manual from 15-18. The 3.73s help but the Whipple was the only thing that really made a difference. Otherwise I think you're wasting your time. The A10 I test drove felt way more torquey than the manual too.
Sponsored