Sponsored

Easy mods to boost HP

GazV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2018 gt
Hello, what are some of simple mods/tunes to boost HP ? Thank you !

Mustang GT - 2018
Sponsored

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Intake and a tune. If you have E85 in your area that'll work too.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just whipple it, totally worth it.
Or he could just TVS it. Basically similar performance, but better street torque curve, cheaper price, and generally no waiting? :)

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
3 years new in the Mustang World but I would buy all your parts from @beefcake as they have never steered me wrong, and I agree with the above, E85 if you have it close, JLT CAI, , Tune, Long Tube Headers... There is a lot of bang for your buck here as far as HP goes and a NA build. I am on my second NA buuilt car and although I would love to have more power and have saved to do so but I have been pretty happy with the WHP these coyotes put down being NA. I have had the Gen 2 and Gen 3. Both solid any way you mod them.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Custom tune, E85 and some headers are a very potent NA combo. After that unless you plan on building an all out NA car you might as well go with a Whipple.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. We have deals going on right now for most of this stuff and would love to earn your business.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I can’t believe people still recommend adding an intake like a jlt to add more power… specially on a +18…

just add a better filter to your oem box, headers or cat deletes and a tune… you probably don’t have E85 in saudi arabia, if you do, go for it. If you don’t, just go with the highest octane gas available

oh, and better tires… better tires will make the car quicker over an open intake… specially on a hot place… IAT will go skyhigh and the heat soak will actually kill your hp. +18 oem box works great

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Skip the cai. Just add a drop in filter and spend the $ on other mods as the oem 18+ flows efficientlyand keeps iats down. If available in your area, tuning for e85 is by far the best bang for your buck NA. Add long tubes to it for some more gains.

Sponsored

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
Skip the cai. Just add a drop in filter and spend the $ on other mods as the oem 18+ flows efficientlyand keeps iats down. If available in your area, tuning for e85 is by far the best bang for your buck NA. Add long tubes to it for some more gains.
+1. Simple, cost effective, and significant change in driving.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If doing an e85 tune and staying NA will LTH still add benefit? Which tube size?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
If doing an e85 tune and staying NA will LTH still add benefit? Which tube size?
Yes, cats are very restrictive. Mak deletes or lth improve breathing a lot. Paired with e85, you can expect high 400 whp… like closer to 500 than the 400…

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
For sure. 1 and 7/8 with connect for 3" exhaust.
Sponsored