mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I think if anything they might have "suggested" he take down the thread in their discussions through the dealer's service department. Or he did it entirely by his own accord. I'm pretty sure Ford wouldn't pressure the forum moderators to do so.

Regardless, I wouldn't be posting up a bunch of stuff about such a large warranty repair. I'd let everything take its course before posting anything. Everybody here wants to speculate, because that's what the internet does, but with something as serious as a $10k repair, it's more productive to wait for everything to be settled and not provide countless pages of potentially false conjecture.
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Sure enough...had mine on the lift yesterday and found the same thing. I looked all over the transmission and couldn't find a similar marking. I guess it's not matched to the vehicle like the engine is.
Yes I also saw my Vin# on Engine block today, I was at my Ford Dealer getting the front splitter put on, I also took photos if a lot of things on the GT350 tech pack car, and I have been driving my car for the few day putting some miles on her, as of right now we have 470.9 miles on her, and I have been driving her in 3rd gear and 4th gear, and also 5th gear, driving her Very spirited and I have never has the she ever went into the LIMP MOD as of yet! As we had it up on the lift at the Ford Dealer we took some nice photos of the Underneath of the awesome 350.

Would love to post photos of what I took to day of her! But now that we do not have Taptalk any more, and was getting use to useing Taptalk, now it gone buy the way side! Can some explain now how we post photos on Mustang 6G fourms now, remember you are dealing with the old Car Guy, so any help would much Appreciated if some one can help me... :cheers: thanks John

i also got my Switchback light bulbs put in, and marker bulbs in her.

And I also have a Exhaust leak right behind the X pipe your on left side just before goes into the resonator it is a hole about the size of a ink pen head, but you can see where it's been leaking, black exhaust, and were Condensation had come out of the hole!
So the the Technician sent Ford Hotline Assistance request, the Technician did this with a photo to them, in a with a few minutes Ford replied back the Technician, and told them to replace the Exhaust on her. The Exhaust on clamps in front of the X pipe, and then from there it's all one unit to the Mufflers and out the exhaust pipe, so they are ordering Exhaust her.

THANKS JOHN

Last edited:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yes I also saw my Vin# on Engine block today, it was at my Ford Dealer getting my front splitter put on, I also took photos if a lot of things on my GT350 tech pack car, and I have been driving my car for the few day putting some miles on her, as of right now we have 470.9 miles on her, and I have been driving her in 3rd gear and 4th gear, and also 5th gear, driving her Very spirited and I have never ! Has the she ever went into the LIMP MOD as of yet! As we had it up on the lift at the Ford Dealer we took some nice photos of the Underneath of the awesome 350.

Would love to post photos of what I took to day of her! But now that we do not hav Taptalk any more, and was getting use to useing Taptalk, now it gone buy the way side! Can some explain now how we post photos on Mustang 6G fourms now, remember you are dealing with the old Car Guy, so any help would much Appreciated if some one can help me... :cheers: thanks John
Click quote or reply. Under the area you type you'll see manage attachments. Click that. Then the next screen will appear, add the files from your phone or computer. Then click upload. Once the files appear under the upload area you can then close the window. It'll return you to the normal post page. Then click post reply. It'll appear.
Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-35-10.jpg
Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-35-19.jpg

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Youre in HI. Oahu? What dealer did you take it to? Hopefully its Honolulu Ford, the Service Manager is excellent and knows his Mustangs.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Agreed, this is a privately run site, I cant see Ford stepping in. A lot of blown engine threads devolve into shit slinging threads with blame placed on the OP and/or other wild speculation.
Guys, as one who has been there, I can tell you that sometimes there are circumstances here that aren't everyone's business. I'm sure Hiz will comment when it's appropriate. He's still banging around other threads here. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Have to remind everyone some of the Boss 302's hasd the same type of issues. Not widespread

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Until 2017. BMW is changing maintenance next year down to 3 years and will no longer cover items like Brakes, Clutches, etc. One of the other reasons I'm going GT350 over M4 Comp.
Welcome to the dark side. ;)

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Regardless, I wouldn't be posting up a bunch of stuff about such a large warranty repair. I'd let everything take its course before posting anything. Everybody here wants to speculate, because that's what the internet does, but with something as serious as a $10k repair, it's more productive to wait for everything to be settled and not provide countless pages of potentially false conjecture.
This sounds reasonable to me

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Goes to show you the dealer and Ford could care less after you sign. My worry would also be what/where are they going to be doing/storing the car for that long.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Goes to show you the dealer and Ford could care less after you sign. My worry would also be what/where are they going to be doing/storing the car for that long.
Dude. Them's fightin' words! I'm sure Ford will take care of it. Some things just take some time.

Sponsored

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
these are the reasons I'm steering away from this car , plus all the youtube videos of them overheating and shutting down as well, than when I see people selling them used for 80K makes me shake my head...

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
these are the reasons I'm steering away from this car , plus all the youtube videos of them overheating and shutting down as well, than when I see people selling them used for 80K makes me shake my head...
You're not going to get a Shelby GT350 because someone's hand built flat plane crank blew up? Your loss. You do realize that only tech pack cars have overheating issues right?

I'd hate to see you enter the Porsche world, you should read about those past engine issues.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
You're not going to get a Shelby GT350 because someone's hand built flat plane crank blew up? Your loss. You do realize that only tech pack cars have overheating issues right?

I'd hate to see you enter the Porsche world, you should read about those past engine issues.
Trolls dig but never find a bone... He's got the line out... Don't take the bait.

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
Well i like the tech pack and want the track pack I'm gonna get a 1le or the zl1 . 2017 gt350 will prob be the same struggle w mark up and I can never test drive it and all to even compare plus these issues seem to pop up not gonna spend 65k on a used 2016 w issues