Sponsored

Another possible blown engine

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Right. But i didnt know any others died already. How many accounted for so?

Nvm, apparently three so far
Three engine failures, along with 2 transmission failures (apparent build issues, not design related it appears).

There's some NVH concerns with different rattling at varying RPMs too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
derpington

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Ford roadside assistance arrived withiut a flatbed or dollies. I refused and they sent a flatbed after calling them back and waiting another hour.

I am a the dealership, and they are not providing a loaner vehicle. They are telling me they put in a request through corporate, but I will not know until tomorrow if they authorize it.

Overall this has been a less than outstanding day.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Wtf? No loaner is total bs. It's clear the car is non-ambulatory. I'd file an official complaint starting with that nonsense. They can't even approve a $25/day allowance for a cheapo rental car onsite? Or a factory loaner?

mrduster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2016 Shelby GT350
Been a member for some time but this is my first reply. I noticed a few oil drop marks in my condo parking spot from my GT350 Tech Pack. Had it looked at today at the local Ford dealer. It was quite obvious the engine oil cooler lines were leaking a small amount at the filter. Probably an "O" ring or two or a gasket. Will have it looked at next week at selling dealer. Wonder if this is a potential cause for engine failures if one doesn't notice the oil drip marks under the car. My oil level was down very slightly on the dip stick.
Glad I caught it early.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Coming home from work today with a fully warmed up track pack with about 1500 miles on it. I was in traffic, at about 2500 RPM, and I got a low oil pressure light. I changed from the left lane to the right in an attempt to pull over, and I got a see owner's manual light followed by the car shuttering violently and dying.

I am currently awaiting Ford's roadside assistance to pick me up and bring me to the dealer. The dealer has stated that they have no availability to look at the vehicle until Mon.

I have never tracked the vehicle, and have hit 8k RPM maybe twice thus far, both after the initial 1k break in.

Engine was built by James Williams and Robert M something that I can't make out.
That really Sucks!!! So sorry to hear of this. Hopefully your dealer will square you away fast. Ironically, my engine is built by the same guys and I have tracked my car and hit 8250rpm numerous times.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Good luck Derp. Good for you for refusing the tow. So I guess if any of our 350s shit the bed and call Ford RA, we have to demand flatbed at the initial call and email them the Owners Manual Supplement pg. 29 (32 on the .pdf) of the procedures..
Please keep us in the loop.

OP
OP
derpington

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Wtf? No loaner is total bs. It's clear the car is non-ambulatory. I'd file an official complaint starting with that nonsense. They can't even approve a $25/day allowance for a cheapo rental car onsite? Or a factory loaner?
I agree it's bs. I definitely intend to file a complaint. I have other vehicles, so it's not like I'm completely stranded, but the principle of the matter still stands. I wouldn't even care if it's a Fiesta or something. I just can't imagine what it must be like for people who have a single vehicle and their car dies.

That really Sucks!!! So sorry to hear of this. Hopefully your dealer will square you away fast. Ironically, my engine is built by the same guys and I have tracked my car and hit 8250rpm numerous times.
I doubt there's any actual correlation between engine builder and engine failure. I just remember people asked that in other threads.

I'll definitely update the thread when they inspect it on Monday. To complicate matters, I'm in HI, so I imagine it is going to be a while before they get whatever reps they need to look at it, get a replacement engine, etc. If it's longer than 30 days, they lemon law comes into effect, so I guess I should look at that to cover all my bases.

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
This is 3 cars now that I know of. (2 on this site, one on *******************) Hope this isn't a trend.
Good luck to all with these issues.
DIB TP GT350 at bickford ford had the same problem. had a new engine sent out to replce the old one.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Not cool. Your engine OR Ford's initial response.

Good luck to you. I'll be following this thread.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
FIRST: I'm damn sorry about your situation. On the other hand, hey New, hopefully more robust motor. The loaner car thing is BS, but you know that. I'm glad you have other vehicles, but as stated earlier principle matters.

I hope they get this straightened out to your satisfaction. My wife asked me if I was tuning my car. "Nope," said I, "Not until I see what the dependability of these motors is all about."

Good call by me, doesn't happen often.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Man, that sucks, sorry to hear about it. Hope the dealer and Ford are good about replacing it.

It's also concerning for those of us still looking for a gt350. It's almost enough to make me consider not getting one, especially when ADM is at such high levels...

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
DIB TP GT350 at bickford ford had the same problem. had a new engine sent out to replce the old one.
Guess that's 4 Voodoos that failed due to oiling issues!

ncrisis did they tell you what went wrong? oil pump gears or something else?

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
Maybe not relevant but what is your build date?
Sponsored