Another 2020 engine failure

OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Until he gets it back from dealer, he's not able to take a picture. Hopefully the dealer retains, or reuses the signature plate on the new engine.
Thanks for answering his question. I did tell the guy working on my car to retain the signature plate, hopefully he doesn't screw me over when the time comes.

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
Thanks man, already called Ford and spoke to 3 different reps, they all said ford will not extend my warranty, they won't pay my monthly payment and I just got a rental 3 weeks after it went down. Very disappointed in ford right now. This is my 5th mustang so idk it might be my last.
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately this echoes my experience dealing with Ford corporate/customer service as well. I went through hell buying a '20 GT350 out of state only to have my car held hostage when a local dealer tried to actually treat me well (long story for another time.. I'm still bent out of shape about it) and Ford wouldn't do anything about it for me. Nothing at all was offered and they wouldn't help between a dealer spat.

This is my third mustang as well and it probably will be my last Ford. To be fair I plan to keep it indefinitely along with my RS so there is that too... but if I did sell them I wouldn't buy another Ford! :p

Best of luck with the situation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ravinshield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately this echoes my experience dealing with Ford corporate/customer service as well. I went through hell buying a '20 GT350 out of state only to have my car held hostage when a local dealer tried to actually treat me well (long story for another time.. I'm still bent out of shape about it) and Ford wouldn't do anything about it for me. Nothing at all was offered and they wouldn't help between a dealer spat.

This is my third mustang as well and it probably will be my last Ford. To be fair I plan to keep it indefinitely along with my RS so there is that too... but if I did sell them I wouldn't buy another Ford! :p

Thanks, I also got my car out of state. Let's hope this cars last us. I should have kept my 04 cobra, that thing was a wild beast.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Thanks, I also got my car out of state. Let's hope this cars last us. I should have kept my 04 cobra, that thing was a wild beast.
Sorry to hear. Inexcusable to have and special hand built motor with a “normal Ford parts supply chain”. Funny you mention the 04 as I just picked up another last week. Good luck

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
What am I missing about retaining the signature plate or transferring it to the new engine?
Ford has no obligation to give you the plate from the old engine and certainly would not put the signature of another builder on your new engine. If they do, what’s the point of a signature plate!
BTW
. Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I bought an Eddie Bauer Bronco. I had so many problems with it, mostly custom service, that I told my then new bride to shoot me if I ever want to buy another Ford. Well 30 years later these kind of posts trigger old bad memories.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Thanks man, already called Ford and spoke to 3 different reps, they all said ford will not extend my warranty, they won't pay my monthly payment and I just got a rental 3 weeks after it went down. Very disappointed in ford right now. This is my 5th mustang so idk it might be my last.
If you’re calling customer service, they’re a third party agency that Ford hires and they’re usually a waste of time.

Go speak to the General Manager of Sunrise and tell him about your concerns and have him advocate for a Goodwill Warranty extension or some other benefit.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I have friends in the auto business that state there is good will money available to them. The first thing that is done during the process is to check if you bought the car from them. If you didn’t, the chances are lower you’ll get more help. Not saying you won’t get help, just not as much
.possibly.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I have friends in the auto business that state there is good will money available to them. The first thing that is done during the process is to check if you bought the car from them. If you didn’t, the chances are lower you’ll get more help. Not saying you won’t get help, just not as much
.possibly.
Not sure if this was a direct response to my post because we both mentioned “goodwill” in the text but I just want to respond that it doesn’t matter where you bought your car because the dealership isn’t paying or authorizing the Goodwill warranty or any other benefits to the customer so there is no customer loyalty that effects their bottom line. Ford would be paying the customer or giving them the benefits. So asking the general manager to speak to Ford on your behalf, you’re going to get a lot more done than speaking to customer service rep who isn’t even a Ford employee. In the situation if he’s already contacted customer service he needs to have the dealership advocating his position to Ford’s local directors, which in this case is Ford’s Los Angeles Regional Director, or one of his underlings, for either goodwill warranty extension or some other benefit to make up for the lost time.

I know that dealerships can offer goodwill benefits if their own if a car is out of warranty or recently went out of warranty, but that’s not the case with this car.

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If you’re calling customer service, they’re a third party agency that Ford hires and they’re usually a waste of time.

Go speak to the General Manager of Sunrise and tell him about your concerns and have him advocate for a Goodwill Warranty extension or some other benefit.

This^^. Some of us have contacts at Ford but most dont. The person who does is the Manager or owner of the dealership.
.possibly.
Good will money is generally available to certain out of warranty repairs. As you indicated, buying the car from that dealership or, having a strong relationship is a must.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

As an RS owner up until very recently I feel you. I loved the car but after so many visits to the dealer I just wanted something that I could be confident wouldn't leave me stranded at some point. Also after the warrantee ended and the free work stopped I got one bill and sold it ASAP.

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
As an RS owner up until very recently I feel you. I loved the car but after so many visits to the dealer I just wanted something that I could be confident wouldn't leave me stranded at some point. Also after the warrantee ended and the free work stopped I got one bill and sold it ASAP.
That's too bad about your RS. What year was it? Mine is a '16 and I've had it for about 3 years now. I got it used. It only has about 33k miles on it now. Knock on wood, aside from having the head gasket recall done it has been very reliable for me.

What was the issue that made you have to get rid of it?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
What am I missing about retaining the signature plate or transferring it to the new engine?
Ford has no obligation to give you the plate from the old engine and certainly would not put the signature of another builder on your new engine. If they do, what’s the point of a signature plate!
BTW
. Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I bought an Eddie Bauer Bronco. I had so many problems with it, mostly custom service, that I told my then new bride to shoot me if I ever want to buy another Ford. Well 30 years later these kind of posts trigger old bad memories.
I was interested in the signature plate to see if the original engine builder is the same person who most of the engine failures traced back to.
Sponsored