A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I'm bringing mine in next week, no idea why they'd need to access the PCM.

Gonna be pissed if they can't do anything.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I would not have paid them a dime. The PCM doesn't control the climate system at all. It's a totally different system. Good thing they didn't try to reflash the PCM with a stock version.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I haven't paid yet, I've already contacted Fords customer line. I offered to flash the stock tune on and they said I can't on their property. on the hunt for a new dealer I guess On the positive side they told me high side pressure is at 315 and low side pressure is 100.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I haven't paid yet, I've already contacted Fords customer line. I offered to flash the stock tune on and they said I can't on their property. on the hunt for a new dealer I guess On the positive side they told me high side pressure is at 315 and low side pressure is 100.
Are you serious? You can't on their property? They sound like the type of a dealer to put a note in the Ford system about your car and the tune.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Are you serious? You can't on their property? They sound like the type of a dealer to put a note in the Ford system about your car and the tune.

Get this, advisor told me the AC might not be covered due to me swapping the radio! I'm gonna test the relay and fuse myself and hope its the easy ticket!

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Get this, advisor told me the AC might not be covered due to me swapping the radio! I'm gonna test the relay and fuse myself and hope its the easy ticket!
find a new dealers. guys here in florida take in their blown cars and gt it fixed. i doubt its a fuse guys are on evap core #2 and 3 already..

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I seen that, I'm hoping its not the evap core as I have freon, AC Clutch isn't kicking on.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Well last year end of summer the stealership replaced some fittings supposedly leaking and topped off the freon. Well now that it's warming up it's acting up again cold out passenger side only. Back in for service next week.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
If FR3Z-19850-W is the evaporator part # it looks to be on backorder through Ford Parts. :doh:

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
mine ended in y, but i think was was a difference between models, i forget
Damn, that tech earned his keep.

I think Y is for the dual zone. Of course that one isn't on backorder. I'm hoping it's not the evap and maybe something stupid. I had to replace the oil switch a few weeks ago after flooding, wondering if it hit the ac switch too and it's messing with it.

I'm overly optimistic sometimes.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
My A/C failed on my 15' GT last year. Just out of warranty too! I was def worried it was gonna be the evap core and the dash would be ripped out, just like the seemingly hundreds of horror stories on here. Turns out that it wasn't the evap core. Advisor said that somehow my compressor pulley had basically disintegrated! Have absolutely no idea how that was even possible.

In any case, they replaced the compressor and sent me on my way. After contacting Ford, they ended up covering most of the repair other than a small chunk (I think it was like $200). Guess I can't complain since it was out of warranty but literally JUST out of warranty.

Anyway, now that it's getting warmer I've had a couple occasions to use the A/C again. Since the pulley broke near the end of summer last year, I didn't really use the A/C much after it was repaired. It seems to be working but it also seems to take a long time to get really cold so I'm a little apprehensive about it. Guess we'll see...

In the meantime, I'm dealing with my stupid right tail light randomly not working so...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I seen that, I'm hoping its not the evap core as I have freon, AC Clutch isn't kicking on.

If the dealer sees 100 psi on the low side and 315 psi on the high side then it's not a leak (it has freon), and it's not the compressor. If either one of those things were bad it wouldn't be producing those pressures while operating.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
What is an SSB? How does it compare to a TSB?
Sponsored