Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Hey it could be worse - all I've lost is driving time in the car while it has been in the shop for repairs. No out of pocket expense. It's just sad to see how many people have had issues with the S550 that are plain silly, dumb issues for a modern vehicle to have. The drivetrain and chassis on this car are very impressive, and I have not heard of a lot of failures with the core components. Unfortunately, when the accessories are entirely unreliable, it ruins the experience of the car anyway.
I wonder how long it will take for aftermarket vendors to get in on this and provide an A/C upgrade kit. Once these warranties start to run out, there may be some money in this for the right vendor.
Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Doubtful. If warranty is still valid, no reason not to take advantage of it.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yes, I did.

I think if it was down to a definitive part that was failing, going aftermarket might be a better option than sticking with a Ford-supplied part.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350 | 1966 A-Code fastback
Does anyone have a definitive answer on what exactly is failing on the evaps? It a weld breaking, is it the temp probe etc... Supposed to get mine back today but unless I can come up with a plan for next time I think I may cut my losses on this car as well.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Isn't there usually some kind of parts warranty on a warranty repair? I still haven't found the time to take my car to the dealer, but my extended warranty has a deductible that I'd rather not pay since the last fix was only 5 months ago.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on what exactly is failing on the evaps? It a weld breaking, is it the temp probe etc... Supposed to get mine back today but unless I can come up with a plan for next time I think I may cut my losses on this car as well.
Wondering the exact same thing. There's got to be a common mode of failure here, and it's shocking that it hasn't been fixed yet.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Isn't there usually some kind of parts warranty on a warranty repair? I still haven't found the time to take my car to the dealer, but my extended warranty has a deductible that I'd rather not pay since the last fix was only 5 months ago.
Normally the parts warranty is for the part only. You will still be charged labor. So you'll save $350 on a $1700 repair.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
what's the latest part # for the evap core? Is it back ordered?

figmentsas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
Brought my car to the dealer last week. They kept the car for 3 days and only detected low refrigerant, which they recharged and added dye on the first day. The next 2 days they ran the A/C and the dye did not detect any leaks. They told me to come back in 3-4 weeks for another check. Luckily, I am still under warranty so no charge, but I will be visiting them for the 4th time and it still doesn't look like they know what the problem is. I told them about the evaporator and the SSM47149 notice. Wait and see......

Sponsored

Uly50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulysses
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Mustang Gt
Ac is out . Don’t want to deal with the dealer . Does anyone know of a good shop to do this work in So Cal . Thank you

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No AC in my 2017 GT (Manufactured 6/16) Low pressure is at 100 high pressure is at 315. Dealer cant read PCM because of Lund Tune. Top it off with I'm charged a $65 Diagnostics fee!

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Yeah if that’s the case... I’m fucked. Tuned and I also have a supercharger, complete fuel system with injectors. They wouldn’t even be able to start the car on the stock tune with all my mods.