2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
Normally I would feel the same as you but for what we all pay for this car, the burden is on them to serve us. I mean $60k+ for a ford? You better get my build scheduled and show me! I wouldn’t bug for constant status updates but I would need to know it’s at least on the books. The plant could shut down any day for any reason. The sooner it’s official, scheduled, and built…….the sooner you get it :)
Yeah I hear ya. But things have definitely gotten worse since last year. This MCU shortage has spread to almost every electronic component. I work at a relatively small company (<50 employees) that makes things for video conferencing (yeah we're REALLY busy because of the pandemic) and we have had to stock-pile parts for at least one year's worth of production just to keep building things. We started doing this at the end of 2020. We're running out of parts now and we're facing 26-52 week lead times. Not good.

Now it's true that Ford surely has more clout with the suppliers than my company does but they're facing the same problem. They really want to fill ALL of their orders. But they can't. And someone is going to have to decide what gets built and what doesn't and unfortunately that might not be Mach 1 Mustangs. At least if they commit to building your car the worst thing you'll have to do is wait.

So I agree it's probably a good idea to push for a commitment but then be aware of what's going on with the parts shortage. It's REAL. :frown:
Sponsored

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
People's best bet is putting in multiple orders and see what bites.

jarek.em

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jarek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT2018
Magneride tuning is supposedly different. I've spoken with a few on the forum that have driven both (factory and converted) and haven't noticed a difference in the calibration. My plan is for a DSC sport module with 3rd party magneride tuning from a member here more than likely.
hello,

could you please share contact to member who can sell 3rd party magneride tuning / flash for DSC controller ? or maybe you have it already ?

SloppyTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 Race Red
Received my email today for a build date of 5.30.22 Hang in there, there is hope yall.
Received another email a few days ago bumping me to 5.23.22

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Man, I almost didn't want to post this considering how incredibly lucky I got, but I'll go ahead just incase it helps resolve some assumptions on order fulfillment.

I am in Texas and ordered from a small dealership in the North East TX area for msrp no ADM/Adds. I got a build Date last week.

Order confirmation Date: 04/12/22
Priority Code: unknown
Estimated Build Date (If showing): 6/27/22
Options: Fighter jet gray, Premium, HP, Tremec, Elite
Shipped Date: -
Received Date: -
How is this even possible?

Not a question for anyone….

From a couple post I have seen Feb 22 orders were skipped over so far.

#dumb

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
How is this even possible?
Just guessing, but dealership choice could factor in. Small dealer with zero previous Mustang/Mach 1 orders could be prioritized. There's surely many factors we don't know about and some that the customers would deem as unfair in their particular situation...

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Just guessing, but dealership choice could factor in. Small dealer with zero previous Mustang/Mach 1 orders could be prioritized. There's surely many factors we don't know about and some that the customers would deem as unfair in their particular situation...
Like no one knows. Not even Ford. Lol.

Granger just told me I am 16 on their list of orders waiting for a build date. No mention of how many total they had.

:(

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Normally I would feel the same as you but for what we all pay for this car, the burden is on them to serve us. I mean $60k+ for a ford? You better get my build scheduled and show me! I wouldn’t bug for constant status updates but I would need to know it’s at least on the books. The plant could shut down any day for any reason. The sooner it’s official, scheduled, and built…….the sooner you get it :)
Received another email a few days ago bumping me to 5.23.22
Yeah I hear ya. But things have definitely gotten worse since last year. This MCU shortage has spread to almost every electronic component. I work at a relatively small company (<50 employees) that makes things for video conferencing (yeah we're REALLY busy because of the pandemic) and we have had to stock-pile parts for at least one year's worth of production just to keep building things. We started doing this at the end of 2020. We're running out of parts now and we're facing 26-52 week lead times. Not good.

Now it's true that Ford surely has more clout with the suppliers than my company does but they're facing the same problem. They really want to fill ALL of their orders. But they can't. And someone is going to have to decide what gets built and what doesn't and unfortunately that might not be Mach 1 Mustangs. At least if they commit to building your car the worst thing you'll have to do is wait.

So I agree it's probably a good idea to push for a commitment but then be aware of what's going on with the parts shortage. It's REAL. :frown:
We have no parts available to build our systems either. We get parts in every 60 days or so and never in the quantity we ordered always way less. It's real alright. No joke. It is NOT getting better. :puke:

Last edited:

jwheeler75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder, 2022 Mach 1(on order)
I’m on the Granger list myself with a Feb 23rd 2022 Confirmation Date…. and still waiting, I haven’t contacted Granger yet though…

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm beginning to wonder if the SQL query is failing to look far enough back when scheduling builds.

Sponsored

jwheeler75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder, 2022 Mach 1(on order)
Select * from Orders

Glad to help Ford!

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
If mostly not driving on a track, then no. From what I read, that wheel/tire combination is tramline heaven/hell for street use. My non-HP with PS4 is a dream machine on the backroads
Yes, but if the only issue are the tires that come on the car you can take them off and sell them and replace immediately with some PS4S. The HP is not just a wheel and tire package and it bugs me when people just bring up the tires that come on the car because it is a lot more than that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The HP is not just a wheel and tire package and it bugs me when people just bring up the tires that come on the car because it is a lot more than that.
sure but it's not like the parts can't be found elsewhere for quite a bit less. Heck, Why saddle your car with lead weight wheels when you can buy LMR's far better items? Cup2 from the factory is just stupid but Ford is counting on "ooohhh Cup2 tires" somehow being an asset instead of a liability that has to be shed and replaced with something far more sensible. The dollar delta between PS4S and Cup2 is hardly worth anything and yet you get hammered for it in the pocketbook.

Why would anyone want Ford's "camber plates" when Vorshlag or BMR or J&M are superior and hardly expensive? Why would you care about 5% more spring rate when the "correct" springs for purpose are 30% stiffer? Ditto rollbars.

The HP only makes sense for people who don't know any better that Ford parts are inferior to task.

So if you're worried about getting your HP order satisfied, you have to ask yourself, why am I stuck on inferior factory parts and running the additional risk of cancellation? I got a set of M1 wheel liners and the grotesquely overpriced HP front fender lips thru the aftermarket without any drama. I'll probably slap the lips on my EB and buy wider fenders in aluminum for GT.

The point being it's EASY and not all that expensive to 'build' a HP car from a non-HP.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yes, but if the only issue are the tires that come on the car you can take them off and sell them and replace immediately with some PS4S. The HP is not just a wheel and tire package and it bugs me when people just bring up the tires that come on the car because it is a lot more than that.
Well, It does have the spring and bar adjustments to accomodate the larger wheels and tires so they did work to optimize the combination (not like someone just threw on tires and wheels). At the end of the day though, it really is wheels and tires with some spoilers for cool measure. It's a nice option but, I would have rather liked to have had rear cross traffic alert since the low front spoilers are a PITA on driveways and that rear wing is a bit much IMHO.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
sure but it's not like the parts can't be found elsewhere for quite a bit less. Heck, Why saddle your car with lead weight wheels when you can buy LMR's far better items? Cup2 from the factory is just stupid but Ford is counting on "ooohhh Cup2 tires" somehow being an asset instead of a liability that has to be shed and replaced with something far more sensible. The dollar delta between PS4S and Cup2 is hardly worth anything and yet you get hammered for it in the pocketbook.

Why would anyone want Ford's "camber plates" when Vorshlag or BMR or J&M are superior and hardly expensive? Why would you care about 5% more spring rate when the "correct" springs for purpose are 30% stiffer? Ditto rollbars.

The HP only makes sense for people who don't know any better that Ford parts are inferior to task.

So if you're worried about getting your HP order satisfied, you have to ask yourself, why am I stuck on inferior factory parts and running the additional risk of cancellation? I got a set of M1 wheel liners and the grotesquely overpriced HP front fender lips thru the aftermarket without any drama. I'll probably slap the lips on my EB and buy wider fenders in aluminum for GT.

The point being it's EASY and not all that expensive to 'build' a HP car from a non-HP.
The advantage to getting it from the factory is I don’t risk the warranty by changing to aftermarket parts. Plus I don’t really want to mess with everything on the car. I’ve gone down the road of modding a mustang before and the car was never as good as it was stock. Additional noises that weren’t there before. For me I just want to buy the car and enjoy it. I’ll do small stuff to have fun but I don’t want to sort out the suspension. That’s what I paid ford engineering for. The wheel weight difference is not something I’ll notice on the street or the rare occasion it gets on a track. The last set of oem replica mustang wheels I had developed an issue with the finish. Getting the wheel replaced was a headache. If my HP wheels have something like that happen, it’s as easy as a trip to the ford dealer. There are plenty of advantages to buying a car setup the way you like and leaving it alone. If you’re chasing tenths on a track sure by all means start looking into camber plates and other parts to shave off a few pounds. For the vast majority of guys modding these cars they are only doing it as something to do. They are not effectively improving on the car as it was built.
Sponsored