2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Hey everyone! Like others, I made an account just for this thread. I’ve got a 70 GB Mach that was part of a Make A Wish Restoration years ago and I’ve always wanted to get into a modern mustang. Originally I was looking at 13 Boss 302s or used 19+ GT Performance Packs. When I heard that Ford was bringing back GB and making it an option for the 22 machs, I decided to go ahead and just order one to match my 70. I placed my order in mid March, and been periodically checking this forum and others for information regarding delays, scheduling, priority codes, etc. I am hoping that a SFP email comes soon and excited to join you all on the road.

Order Placed: 3/22
Order confirmation Date: 3/24
Priority Code: 19
Estimated Build Date (If showing): NA
Options: Grabber Blue, 700A, 10spd, Magnetic Painted Wheels
Shipped Date: -
Received Date: -

I’ve noticed some of you have were able to get lower priority codes... How are you guys getting lower codes? When I talked to my dealer they said 19 was the lowest but clearly you can get lower. Would someone mind providing a little more information on priority codes and who to get into contact with about getting a lower code? Thanks!
Pretty sure the dealer has to champion you with a regional manager. Your March order date might not be long enough yet to get anyone to give it a push yet, but it never hurts to ask.
Sponsored

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord V6, 2023 Ford Mustang GT
For anyone wondering what I eventually went thru with in my order!

Order confirmation Date: 4/23
Estimated Build Date (If showing): -
Options: Grabber Blue, Premium, Tremec, Elite, Nav, Red Calipers

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Hey everyone! Like others, I made an account just for this thread. I’ve got a 70 GB Mach that was part of a Make A Wish Restoration years ago and I’ve always wanted to get into a modern mustang. Originally I was looking at 13 Boss 302s or used 19+ GT Performance Packs. When I heard that Ford was bringing back GB and making it an option for the 22 machs, I decided to go ahead and just order one to match my 70. I placed my order in mid March, and been periodically checking this forum and others for information regarding delays, scheduling, priority codes, etc. I am hoping that a SFP email comes soon and excited to join you all on the road.

I’ve noticed some of you have were able to get lower priority codes... How are you guys getting lower codes? When I talked to my dealer they said 19 was the lowest but clearly you can get lower. Would someone mind providing a little more information on priority codes and who to get into contact with about getting a lower code? Thanks!
Hello and welcome, if you don’t mind traveling. There are two siting on lots in Texas with your same build. I had them bookmarked, until my build date came.
One dealer was Westlay Ford. Good luck

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Just hope it doesn't get stuck at the trail depot waiting for a truck to pick it up like a guy from Arizona. It was there over a month, and I hope he finally got it.
i really hope mine doesn't just sit at El Mirage too, i feel bad for the guy that happened to

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Just hope it doesn't get stuck at the trail depot waiting for a truck to pick it up like a guy from Arizona. It was there over a month, and I hope he finally got it.
That was me :angry: and still waiting.... I suspect chip shortage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Krankenstein

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kodi
Vehicle(s)
1970 GB Mach 1 & 2022 GB Mach1
Hello and welcome, if you don’t mind traveling. There are two siting on lots in Texas with your same build. I had them bookmarked, until my build date came.
One dealer was Westlay Ford. Good luck
Yeah, I saw the one at Westway not to long after I ordered mine. When I called they wanted $7k over sticker. Told them I wasn’t willing to pay that much cause I already have one on order for under sticker and at the time there were some lightly used ones (non-hp and hp) near me that were listed for way less. I see it’s still sitting on their lot, I may give them a call again about it…

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That was me :angry: and still waiting.... I suspect chip shortage.
How does a chip shortage effect a car already built, shipped and sitting in a rail yard Arizona?

Last edited:

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
How does a chip shortage effect a car already built, shipped and sitting in a rail yard Arizona?
It happened a lot in the last couple of years..... Manufacturers would build the cars, but would not install chips that they did not have available. There were several news stories of them shipping cars / trucks to storage lots awaiting the chips.

Here is a story from last year. https://interestingengineering.com/ford-has-almost-70000-chipless-vehicles-waiting-in-storage

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

I believe a dealer can issue a priority code down to 10. Anything less than that and the Bobs need to get involved.

It is also my understanding that dealership issued priority codes only matter for orders issued from that dealership. In other words, Dealer A place an order April 1st with a priority of 19 and Dealer B submits one on the same date and time with a priority of 15 doesn’t necessarily mean Dealer B’s order will get picked up first for build.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
It happened a lot in the last couple of years..... Manufacturers would build the cars, but would not install chips that they did not have available. There were several news stories of them shipping cars / trucks to storage lots awaiting the chips.

Here is a story from last year. https://interestingengineering.com/ford-has-almost-70000-chipless-vehicles-waiting-in-storage
Right, but the case I was writing about was a single Mustang sent to Arizona, not thousands of Broncos driven down to Dirt Mountain down the street from the factory.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stormtroopin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Mach 1 on order; ‘18 Mustang GT (sold)
Hoping to gain some insight from you guys but I placed my order for my car about 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten an order confirmation from Ford. I spoke to the dealership and he sent a screenshot for my order showing the primary status which states “in order processing”. Should I be concerned about not seeing the ford confirmation email?

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Right, but the case I was writing about was a single Mustang sent to Arizona, not thousands of Broncos driven down to Dirt Mountain down the street from the factory.
True.... I guess we'll never know the real reasons. lot's of conspiracies afoot :sunglasses:

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
Hoping to gain some insight from you guys but I placed my order for my car about 2 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten an order confirmation from Ford. I spoke to the dealership and he sent a screenshot for my order showing the primary status which states “in order processing”. Should I be concerned about not seeing the ford confirmation email?
I wouldn't be overly concerned. I never really got a firm date on anything with my car. Even after it was built I didn't even get a firm date on when I would be able to pick it up. Just be patient but check in with your salesman every once in a while to let him know you're still interested. Don't be annoying though - he's stuck in the middle of this mess. There's literally nothing that he can do to speed things up.
Sponsored