itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Guys-

My local dealer has a FJG Mach 1 with auto transmission and the handling package. 700A. Recaros. Rear seats delete. and Elite Package.

$65,990. MSRP.. Someone backed out of an order. When I talked to my Rep he did not mention there being a ADM. I thought someone was interested in this build here but can't remember who. If interested let me know and I will forward you a cell number for a sales rep there.
Sponsored

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
many FJGs got cancelled as well. it seems that it is the 700A tremec HP cars mostly. guess they figured if there is a commodity shortage, they can build twice as many 600A HP cars and 700A non-HP cars as 700A HP cars.
Yeah, I just noticed though that 700a FJG cars were still being delivered to dealers. I thought maybe that it had to do with those having specialized components that they had enough of on hand.

I know a lot of people thought it maybe the HP factor, but mine was HP. I’m just trying to narrow down, like many of us, what part exactly was there a shortage of. Or maybe it had to do with color or some other weird situation.

Would be nice if someone who knew would explain just what happened. It does not fix the issue but it sure becomes one thing less to be upset about.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Here is my idea. Ford (not the dealerships) should grab one of the Mach 1's on the lots that are marked up 10k and if it matches your order, it should go to you for at least sticker price. Not like those dealers deserve to rip someone off with ADM. Just thinking outside the box here.

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
can you find me one of those red ones that is fully loaded with the HP? or even without the HP. only 700A RR I have found had an auto. really? I mean wth?
Have you checked with Granger if they can do a nationwide or regional search? I know dealerships can do it (maybe just regional) but most are not doing trades, which is fine if they'll help you at least. If regional, maybe check Chapman and Robinson Brothers. Best of luck!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Have you checked with Granger if they can do a nationwide or regional search? I know dealerships can do it (maybe just regional) but most are not doing trades, which is fine if they'll help you at least. If regional, maybe check Chapman and Robinson Brothers. Best of luck!
I've asked, no luck on getting it done though.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Here is my idea. Ford (not the dealerships) should grab one of the Mach 1's on the lots that are marked up 10k and if it matches your order, it should go to you for at least sticker price. Not like those dealers deserve to rip someone off with ADM. Just thinking outside the box here.
Ford could fix this easily if they wanted. Just simply send an email out to every dealer stating that while yes, you are legally allowed to charge over msrp for vehicles, if we find out you are engaging in this practice and hurting the reputation of ford and it’s product line with likely buyers, we cannot guarantee that ANY of your allocations will be filled going forward for specialty vehicles. No more shelbys. No more raptors. No more Mach 1’s. Try living off of pickups and nothing else for a model year and let us know if you have changed how you would like to represent the brand.
i’m sure in the franchise agreement there is language that gives ford the ability to do something like that in order to protect their company. Would be an easy fix and put the dealers in their place QUICK.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Ford could fix this easily if they wanted. Just simply send an email out to every dealer stating that while yes, you are legally allowed to charge over msrp for vehicles, if we find out you are engaging in this practice and hurting the reputation of ford and it’s product line with likely buyers, we cannot guarantee that ANY of your allocations will be filled going forward for specialty vehicles. No more shelbys. No more raptors. No more Mach 1’s. Try living off of pickups and nothing else for a model year and let us know if you have changed how you would like to represent the brand.
i’m sure in the franchise agreement there is language that gives ford the ability to do something like that in order to protect their company. Would be an easy fix and put the dealers in their place QUICK.
I think in most areas of the country they thrive off the F150 and Explorer sales. That's why Ford dropped almost all the cars. I see 3 Mustangs at a dealer on a good day here.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Crossing my fingers... my 9/20 order was re-scheduled from 11/15 to 12/13.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I have put in a request for reorder, pending what Ford does as compensation for the cancellations.

I have not received a confirmation yet, but I did discuss with Zach on the phone earlier.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think in most areas of the country they thrive off the F150 and Explorer sales. That's why Ford dropped almost all the cars. I see 3 Mustangs at a dealer on a good day here.
Absolutely. But if I was at ford, in that scenario they could live off those sales going forward and nothing more. Want to piss off my customer base by charging adm’s on specialty cars? No more gt500’s for you. Oh you don’t have that car on the showroom floor that you normally get to make an extra $5k-$20k on? How sad. Don’t piss me off and maybe next year we’ll find enough chips to build one for you :)

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Absolutely. But if I was at ford, in that scenario they could live off those sales going forward and nothing more. Want to piss off my customer base by charging adm’s on specialty cars? No more gt500’s for you. Oh you don’t have that car on the showroom floor that you normally get to make an extra $5k-$20k on? How sad. Don’t piss me off and maybe next year we’ll find enough chips to build one for you :)
Generally speaking, I do not believe that a manufacturer is able to regulate or dictate a dealers selling price in the market. They can and do often regulate a MAP (minimum advertised price), but final sales prices... not.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Generally speaking, I do not believe that a manufacturer is able to regulate or dictate a dealers selling price in the market. They can and do often regulate a MAP (minimum advertised price), but final sales prices... not.
Ford has done it recently with the Mach E. But what I was suggesting is not necessarily telling them what price they have to sell at. Just that if you have 1 of these cars sitting on your lot for 2 months while potential buyers are turned away because they won’t pay over msrp, perhaps your future allocations will somehow be reduced. And it will just be a coincidence :wink:
somehow dealers like granger will get extra allocations though so pay attention to them and take notes!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, I have some good news guys. I found a Mach 1 not spoken for that matches my exact order and I put a deposit on it at MSRP. Getting all the financing stuff out of the way and they will deliver it to my house. It sucks I can't save money with Granger but it is what it is.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Well, I have some good news guys. I found a Mach 1 not spoken for that matches my exact order and I put a deposit on it since it was not spoken for at MSRP. Getting all the financing stuff out of the way and they will deliver it to my house. It sucks I can't save money with Granger but it is what it is.
Nice! Wish I could find one that matches mine.
Sponsored