CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Couple of questions if you don't mind..
What is the purpose of the steeda braces, more stability on track?
How difficult was it to remove that rear diffuser and clean out. It's on my list for this winter yet....
Thanks..
Super easy, just have a tool for the clips and its a few minutes. Probably takes longer to get the rear end up in the air. I'll be pulling it off in a few weeks again to get the AR BiRDS V2 installed.

Edit: Didn't respond to the part about the braces. From my understanding, helps eliminate some of the wheel hop generated by the subframe movement. These took 10 minutes to install and no alignment required (vs some of the other sub-frame bushings and lockouts).
Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Super easy, just have a tool for the clips and its a few minutes. Probably takes longer to get the rear end up in the air. I'll be pulling it off in a few weeks again to get the AR BiRDS V2 installed.

Edit: Didn't respond to the part about the braces. From my understanding, helps eliminate some of the wheel hop generated by the subframe movement. These took 10 minutes to install and no alignment required (vs some of the other sub-frame bushings and lockouts).
Man, I need to do something about the rear bumper on my car, while I can appreciate how nice the AR BiRDS are, I can't justify $235 for a glorified bracket that holds up the rear bumper!

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Man, I need to do something about the rear bumper on my car, while I can appreciate how nice the AR BiRDS are, I can't justify $235 for a glorified bracket that holds up the rear bumper!
I figure its a small insurance policy to help prevent further sag, but I hear you. Spendy little things hah.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Apparently you haven't seen them. They're nice. And solid. Legit made a difference. I fixed my bumper skin sag another way, but I actually broke that stock/factory bracket by who know's how. Found it broke when I took the difuser off for cleaning one time. Replaced with these instead another cheap plastic stock set. No ragurts.

Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Apparently you haven't seen them. They're nice. And solid. Legit made a difference. I fixed my bumper skin sag another way, but I actually broke that stock/factory bracket by who know's how. Found it broke when I took the difuser off for cleaning one time. Replaced with these instead another cheap plastic stock set. No ragurts.
I have seen them, I did mention that I appreciated how nice they were. That is the problem though. they are super nice and machined and what not where a simple metal or possibly stronger plastic bracket would suffice for a fraction of the cost. You can't even see them once installed anyway!

Now that I think about it, I may have to design and 3d print a set!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Aahhh, sorry I misunderstood.

And not true...if you get down on the ground and look through the grille section of the rear valance, you can see them ;)

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Aahhh, sorry I misunderstood.

And not true...if you get down on the ground and look through the grille section of the rear valance, you can see them ;)
gotta get those full undercar mirrors for Cars and Coffee! :cwl:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Is it possible to remove the rear diffuser without lifting the rear end? I don't have a jack or jack stands. Just wondering if it is physically possible to remove without lifting the back end. (I'm sure it is 100% more convenient with).

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Is it possible to remove the rear diffuser without lifting the rear end? I don't have a jack or jack stands. Just wondering if it is physically possible to remove without lifting the back end. (I'm sure it is 100% more convenient with).
You could probably undo the back of it from the ground and vacuum out the gravel. There are two bolts towards the rear differential that are also holding the diffuser in which you likely cant get if its on the ground.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Got the car restriped after having the front bumper cover replaced. Now, I have to change out the Magneride shocks/struts due to both leaking on the passenger side. Going with the upgraded GT500/GT350R set from Steeda.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You could probably undo the back of it from the ground and vacuum out the gravel. There are two bolts towards the rear differential that are also holding the diffuser in which you likely cant get if its on the ground.
thanks! I do have some wheel dollies which are locking that might give me a little more room.
I just want to clean/vacuum it out, so maybe removing the back end will suffice.
Looking at Quick Jacks down the road...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can't even see them once installed anyway!
Get them re anodised in a bright / contrasting / matching colour (red for you R owners) :

A) You will know.
B) Car people will notice, especially if they are following you at night / lights on etc :like:

WD :like:

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
1. Got my used vehicle inspection done at a local dealership, and getting ready to nab a 5 year ESP.

2. Put in an air freshener. Not just any air freshener. Air Spencer JDM Squash. Because you can pull the kid out of the Honda, but you can't pull the Honda out of the kid.

Last edited:

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Get them re anodised in a bright / contrasting / matching colour (red for you R owners) :

A) You will know.
B) Car people will notice, especially if they are following you at night / lights on etc :like:

WD :like:
I should buy all the aluminum shelby caps and hydrodipped plastics for the engine bay while I am at it :facepalm: :crazy:
Sponsored