Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Banned
I already have a plan of attack for my Shelby once I receive it.
Full length headers
Off road x pipes and exhaust
Carbon fiber drive shaft
Rear IRS bushing kits
Shelby GT350R rear seat delete
Diet plan
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It's hard to tell until I get to drive it. I'm probably going to sit back and let Lethal, Lund, Evo, Rev Auto, etc. be the guinea pigs before I take the plunge on any mods besides window tint. With the new motor I'd rather let them break things finding the limits.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Good list. My list is track focused:
1) Watson racing pt rollbar
2) backseat delete kit
3) safety harness
4) lighter wheels @R sizes
5) better tires @R sizes
6) brake pads and fluid (if stocks aren't track ready but I think they are for the 350)

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Yes I too will be making my own chrome moly cage and adding harnesses. I also would like to eventually find some carbon fiber wheels from a R. But I also intend to do some drag racing at my local 1/4 also. So if I can find some drag wheels that will clear the brakes I'll be happy.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Yes I too will be making my own chrome moly cage and adding harnesses. I also would like to eventually find some carbon fiber wheels from a R. But I also intend to do some drag racing at my local 1/4 also. So if I can find some drag wheels that will clear the brakes I'll be happy.
That's cool you can build your own cage. I have been looking for R sized wheels and tires and found very few options. I like your list and think equal length headers will be the biggest HP pick up. I was at Laguna Seca track tour and think FP told us this car at track setting is 103 or 105dbs. Which exceeds many local tracks limits and thats LOUD.

Btw keep me posted. Very curious about your mods. I probably don't want to do too much to upset FP's highly tuned systems. But the weight reduction stuff is of interest to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
First "mod" will probably be snow tires as it looks like I might get it in January or February. :tsk:

For the track:
Roll bar
Harness
Other things will wait until I drive it for a while and see what I think.

Down the road possibilities:
Gears (at least 4.11, maybe 4.56 or even higher)
Racing seat (if it turns out that I fit in the GT350 Recaros that would be perfect)
Rear seat delete
R spoiler
I like the idea of long tubes, not sure if I will do it - that and a tune maybe if the gains are big enough
Pedal changes for easier heel and toe

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I to also thought about gears but as of now the biggest for the super 8.8 is the 3.73

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
That's cool you can build your own cage. I have have been looking for R sized wheels and tires and found very few options. I like your list and think equal length headers will be the biggest HP pick up. I was at Laguna Seca track tour and think FP told us this car at track setting is 103 or 105dbs. Which exceeds many local tracks limits and thats LOUD.

Btw keep me posted. Very curious about your mods. I probably don't want to do too much to upset FP's highly tuned systems. But the weight reduction stuff is of interest to me.
My dad and I have a fabrication shop, I can't begin to tell you how many roll bars and cages we've made over the years. We also made many stainless headers and exhaust systems which are all mandrel bent. Most all was for one off projects. But as of now nobody offers anything for the voodoo. So time will tell. I used to drag race a lot in the late 80s and 90s with fox body mustangs but as the years went on I changed my speed needs. But now in getting back into it. I'm gonna have a blast soon. I just wish these new mustangs were as light as the old fox body's. My best time then was 8.30s 1/4 mile with a 401" svo 4 bolt blocked Yates headed naturally aspirated with a Jericho 4 speed. 9" with 456 gears. It was a blast.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My dad and I have a fabrication shop, I can't begin to tell you how many roll bars and cages we've made over the years. We also made many stainless headers and exhaust systems which are all mandrel bent. Most all was for one off projects. But as of now nobody offers anything for the voodoo. So time will tell. I used to drag race a lot in the late 80s and 90s with fox body mustangs but as the years went on I changed my speed needs. But now in getting back into it. I'm gonna have a blast soon. I just wish these new mustangs were as light as the old fox body's. My best time then was 8.30s 1/4 mile with a 401" svo 4 bolt blocked Yates headed naturally aspirated with a Jericho 4 speed. 9" with 456 gears. It was a blast.

Seems like MPT already has a header made from the IG post from sema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Those are nice but not equal length

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I believe those are the Kooks headers. They're calling them "tri-y", but I don't see it. Maybe the way the collectors are built makes them tri-y.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864781.728817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864790.129109.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864797.631294.jpg

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I believe those are the Kooks headers. They're calling them "tri-y", but I don't see it. Maybe the way the collectors are built makes them tri-y.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864781.728817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864790.129109.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446864797.631294.jpg

Yea I don't see it either. Don't know how good these could be since no one has even had an available car for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Kooks makes great stuff. Where does it say Tri-Y? They know what they're doing and make a lot of NASCAR Tri-Y headers so they know what they're talking about, and those are not Tri-Y headers.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree on all accounts, but here's the info sheet in front of them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446866330.856086.jpg

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Come time, the only mods I have planned right now is $6500 full car Xpel, ~$800 in possible paint correction before clear bra, and $600 all around high end tint. That pretty much eats up the budget for any other fun stuff. I did say I plan on keeping this car for life, so making sure it looks perfect 100% of the time is my main and only priority for it. I do plan to mostly DD it, so itll protect it from door dings and rock chips. I hate the sinking feeling I get every time my current cars paint takes another hit. Plus the ease of just washing the car without worrying about swirls is also a huge benefit and time saver especially on a straight black car.
Sponsored