Sponsored

What did you pay over msrp for your GT350/R?

What did you pay Over MSRP for your GT350/R?

• At MSRP (or below)

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • Up to 5K over msrp

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Over 5K - 10K

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Over 10K - 15K

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Over 15K - 20K

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Over 20K - 25K

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Over 25K and higher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I think that is something that needs to be taken into account, that just because a dealership is asking a high ADM, it does not mean the cars are not being sold for considerably less. I also think a lot of people who paid MSRP are unwilling to admit it for fear of being labeled " stupid" or "an idiot".
I wouldn't think or label a person that paid MSRP as "stupid" or "an idiot". I wouldn't judge anyone at all. Maybe I would label them as "lucky" :)

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think or label a person that paid MSRP as "stupid" or "an idiot". I wouldn't judge anyone at all. Maybe I would label them as "lucky" :)
Sorry, that should have read "over MSRP".:doh:

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Metrics still look about to be split near halfway across in regards to ADM vs. no ADM.... I think we're getting fairly accurate polling here.

Sponsored

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Even though I got my car at MSRP, I still gotta pay ~$2k to ship it, so I figured the "Up to" would be the most appropriate option.
I chose MSRP for the poll. In reality it's actually $1.5k over because I'll have to have it shipped to me :/

As a side note, just like others have mentioned; the poll shows most people got theirs for MSRP. I have a hard time believing this because +99% of dealerships I called were asking an ADM. I guess the people that paid ADM's weren't reading this forum anymore or weren't wiling to vote.
I wasn't sure which was more accurate but ultimately chose MSRP because even though I will also have to pay at least $1,500 in shipping, in principal it's not a dealer markup.

I am also skeptical. I am only getting MSRP (non R) because a friend did me a favor and set me up with a business partner. My experience was otherwise similar to TheDeadCow. On the west coast from CA up to WA, the avg ADM was $10k. Then again, I kept hunting because I was encouraged by all the guys on this forum that were able to get MSRP... so perhaps the poll itself is accurate because of its audience.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
I am spending 10k on one and 11K on the other. Both Rs models for 2017 and overall, i'm content with that. Id take the 11k over my 10k as they are very kind and courteous to deal with.
Now...if they would just take the money and deliver the cars!
2 R allocations? Really? Come on share the love :D

I got my car for $1 UNDER msrp in November 2016. It was a favor from a manager/friend at the dealership. I wanted the deal for bragging rights.
Show off! :lol:

Very interesting results so far. You guys that paid msrp for a R did you put your order early in the game or did you just call every single dealership in the country? Or just pure luck?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
2 R allocations? Really? Come on share the love :D

Show off! :lol:

Very interesting results so far. You guys that paid msrp for a R did you put your order early in the game or did you just call every single dealership in the country? Or just pure luck?
I would suggest that your post hit all 3 key factors in getting an R model at MSRP or very close to it.

Certainly getting started at this time a year ago helped a lot of individuals in getting very good pricing on their R's.

In addition as was the case with myself I did not only start early but put a lot of time in calling a lot of dealerships so that helped a lot as well.

As far as pure luck I would suggest that is also a factor for some on here.

One of the key turning points as to when increased ADM's became a major factor on the GT350R it immediately started to happened early last November when Road & Track awarded the Shelby GT350R with their 2016 PCOTY.:eyebulge:

The list of competitors for this competition was impressive to say the least with the likes of the Corvette Z06, Dodge Viper ACR, Ferrrari 488 GTB, Mercedes AMG GT S and of course the Porsche Cayman GT4. I did not consider the Cadillac ATS-V or the Bentley GT3-R close competition compared to the others listed above.

For the Ford Motor Company to take on all of the above outstanding high performance vehicles with the Shelby GT350R and to win convincingly on a runaway vote just showed the world how good the new GT350R is and the automotive world certainly took notice with ADM's escalating significantly right after that period in time.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm ok with the fact that I paid $5000 over sticker for my 2016 GT350 track pack. What I'm not happy with was the long wait, scratched ott stripes, two broken front bumper taps on the core support, both rocker panel trim pieces gouged, small door ding on passenger side door, deep sand scratches on the rear bumper cover under the clear coat, and a scratched center arm rest. All of which I replaced out of my pocket because my dad owns a body shop and I don't trust dealerships. An I'm also a mechanic. If I could of chosen another car off the lot I would of walked away from the one I currently have. But that's not the case. But now it's better then new and I'm happy.

I just wish the quality was better for their number one car.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I ordered mine before the dealer truly understood
what they were getting. Also I have a strong connection to the dealer.
I suspect this is why I got the R at MSRP.

I still know about the car than anyone at the dealer and get at least 1 call
a week with a question:)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
MSRP for my track pack+$950 to ship.
Sponsored