Sponsored

cmashark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1-JFG, 6spd
So, I came over from the corvette world and have a few things that have caught my attention in these first 7 days. Please don’t take any of this negatively, I am really enjoying/loving my Mach.

1. Not sure if it’s an optical illusion or I have some hood bounce.-mostly noticed at high speeds or rough roads.​
2. Steering gets easily upset with road irregularities when pushing the car aggressively through corners-alignmen? Cardoes track straight.​
3. It’s easy to get the rear to step out when accelerating out of a corner-driver issue 🤷‍♂️ I just have to get more used to the car.​
4. I need to find some nice rock guards like the ones I bought from ACS Composites for my C7’s and C8.​
5. The B&O sound system lacks volume-I need that extra bit like Spinal Taps’s guitar amps. 😬
6. How do I get it to default to “Sport+”?​

Now the good

1. This car is 100 times more fun to pilot than the C8 was-The only time I enjoyed the C8 was when I was trying to push it to its limits.​
2.the interior is absolutely perfect with an intelligent controls laid out.​
3. The manual transmission is perfect for this car-I wouldn’t have it without it.​
4.The leather seats and overall ride quality is extremely comfortable for me.​
5. I can get in and out of it without rolling, hurting myself or kicking the sh@t out of the door.​

6A34EC7B-46BB-4FB5-B774-FBFDD6A9597C.jpeg

1373AACA-C6E9-49CB-8EC3-7BFF09C7920C.jpeg
Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Nice writeup, clear and to the point. I had to make the same decision and bought my Mach 1. I even looked hard at used C7s. You have to reset the driver mode (Sport +) every time you turn on the car.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I’ll comment more as this thread develops but I believe you have absolutely done the right thing. The Mustang is easier to get in and out of than the C8, it’s subjectively much prettier in the way of classic European GT cars and as an added bonus I’ve never yet had anyone ask me a.) if I was running a Mercury outboard under the hood or b.) if my car was designed by the same folks that make Transformers.

And my opinion only but you did good to get in on the S550s. Again, just my thought only so please don’t start up. I’m not a S650 hater, just right now my preference skews the other way.

BTW, keep it in Track mode 100% like me and you don’t need to worry about no stinkin’ B&O. Seriously.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I’m loving the S550 platform. I was looking at Corvettes again because I had a C5 a few years back. But I’m glad that I went with the Mustang as well. Sat in a C8 for S&G a few weeks back and it is not a comfortable car. Small very tight interior but that’s just how it felt to me.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Great choice. I would take the Mach over especially a C8 corvette. I hate the C8 it’s a Ferrari wanna be. I would prefer a previous model corvette over the C8. It’s made to look like some super car…

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
1. Hood bounce is common around 130mph, i hear hood struts help. I just installed some on mine last week I'll let you know when i hit 130 again.
2. is it steering like it feels like the electronic power steering gets like almost stuck for a half second? Mine used to do that a lot when it was new went away with time 🤷‍♂️
3. Very well may just be a characteristic of the car, not necessarily driver issue. But stick tires typically aren't super sticky, not sure what the Mach runs? But this car is a few hundred pounds heavier, and taller, it's not going to feel like a vette or perform the same in this manner.
4. a lot of folks rave about "rokblox" or something like that
5. Crutchfield is all i can say but don't know if anything specific
6. +1 on having to touch the button every time sadly.
That being said, welcome and i hope you enjoy your mustang for a very long time!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Adjust hood stoppers slightly up and drop hood latch slightly down to firmly seal the front edge of the hood down.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I had to remove the rubber seals on the sides of the hood to stop hood flutter.

I have a C6 and I only drive it to and from places. The mustang is much easier to get in and out of.

#2, get an alignment, these cars like a bit of toe in on the street
#3, get an alignment these cars like rear toe in, get some better tires or learn throttle control. The TC in these is not the best but will save most from a wreck.
#5, use forscan to get rid of the factory sound preset. Won't be perfect but will be better.

C6's creak and moan, the mustang rattles, GRRRRRRRRRRRR, my f150 is silent.

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
#5, use forscan to get rid of the factory sound preset. Won't be perfect but will be better.
do you have a link to do this Forscan change? I want to kill the center channel but maybe the factory EQ will be enough

Sponsored

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
1. Not sure if it’s an optical illusion or I have some hood bounce.-mostly noticed at high speeds or rough roads.
2. Steering gets easily upset with road irregularities when pushing the car aggressively through corners-alignmen? Cardoes track straight.
3. It’s easy to get the rear to step out when accelerating out of a corner-driver issue 🤷‍♂️ I just have to get more used to the car.
4. I need to find some nice rock guards like the ones I bought from ACS Composites for my C7’s and C8.
5. The B&O sound system lacks volume-I need that extra bit like Spinal Taps’s guitar amps. 😬
6. How do I get it to default to “Sport+”?

Now the good
1. This car is 100 times more fun to pilot than the C8 was-The only time I enjoyed the C8 was when I was trying to push it to its limits.
2.the interior is absolutely perfect with an intelligent controls laid out.
3. The manual transmission is perfect for this car-I wouldn’t have it without it.
4.The leather seats and overall ride quality is extremely comfortable for me.
5. I can get in and out of it without rolling, hurting myself or kicking the sh@t out of the door.
Re: Negatives
  1. I have not personally noticed this yet, so I can't comment honestly.
  2. There's likely more than one factor contributing to this. Since the Mach 1 is designed to hug the road and be "the most track-ready 5.0 Mustang ever", it's my own opinion that even non-handling package equipped Mach 1s would probably be happiest on smooth streets, especially when being going hard in the corners. The Magneride suspension is awesome, but it can only do so much. Low profile, grippy tires aren't very forgiving on bumpy roads, either.
  3. As others have mentioned, this is likely a throttle control/gear selection issue. I used to break the rear end loose on my 2015 GT quite often when giving it too much gas and/or being in too low of a gear.
  4. I just bought some RokBlokz and will be installing them today or tomorrow. Haven't used them before, but I have heard and read good things.
  5. I'm a borderline audiophile, so I can't have crappy sound in my car, or anywhere else. While the B&O system isn't the best stock audio I've heard in a vehicle, I've discovered that it produces the best sound when listening to either lossless .wav files or 320kbps lossy .mp3 files played from a USB thumb drive. 90% of the stations I listen to on SiriusXM sound very underwhelming due to the extreme compression they use. I've also learned that I personally prefer the "stereo" audio setting compared to "surround", and I've set up the in-radio EQ to give a sizeable boost to treble and bass, while giving just a slight boost to the midrange.
  6. There may be something in the manual about this, but what I did was save the Sport+ mode settings as "MyMode", so when I start the car, I just flick the Mode toggle up twice to go into MyMode, and then it's done. The Sport steering mode stays set even if you turn off/restart the car, so no need to mess with that.
Re: Positives
  1. FWIW, I chose the Mach 1 over a C7 Corvette.
  2. I agree. I don't like the all-touchscreen layout of the new S650 Mustang, and much prefer the tactile buttons, knobs and switches of the current-gen instead. I'm just old school like that.
  3. Couldn't agree more.
  4. I'm not a big dude by any means, but I test drove a Mach 1 that had the cloth Recaro seats and I felt like my kidneys were gonna explode. My '15 GT Premium had the heated/cooled leather seats and I loved them, so I knew that any Mach 1 I bought had to have them as well.
  5. Coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (which had an amazing Alpine sound system, BTW), it definitely requires more effort getting in and out of the Mustang. However, it is MUCH easier to enter/exit than the C7 Vette and Jaguar F-Type that I tried out.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not much to add, but for those without Forscan, simply disconnecting the center speaker greatly improves stereo sound.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
So the only thing I'm going to comment on for this one is the rock guards you mentioned.
I got these
https://zl1addons.com/collections/m...-15-20-deluxe-rock-guards?variant=30386015617 as well as
https://zl1addons.com/collections/m...-side-skirt-extensions?variant=33011692372031

With the side skirt extension the fronts actually end up lining up perfectly and just looks great IMO. I did not, however, get the rear ones at this time. May look into that later but I think I will leave the rears alone. I will take a picture when I leave work today so you can see how I installed them and how they look with both on the vehicle. I know there is a thread floating around somewhere where someone did the same thing, however, only issue I will note is that the wheel well covers are supposed to go on AFTER the front rock guards. I modified them a little to stick onto the car after the rock guards were put on to make them as clean looking installed as possible.

Edit: I lied and forgot to mention something on the comment with the hood lift. I've noticed mine do that before periodically even at speeds around 70 or so mph as I frequently am up to those speeds driving to/from work. I did install hood struts which seemed to lessen the effect slightly and then the other day just adjusted the hood bumpers a bit as well. So far I have no noticed any recently but also have not had the car up to higher speeds and been watching for it. It definitely had a little hood lift still after only doing struts, it just seemed a little less dramatic after installing them.

Last edited:

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
So, I came over from the corvette world and have a few things that have caught my attention in these first 7 days. Please don’t take any of this negatively, I am really enjoying/loving my Mach.

1. Not sure if it’s an optical illusion or I have some hood bounce.-mostly noticed at high speeds or rough roads.​
2. Steering gets easily upset with road irregularities when pushing the car aggressively through corners-alignmen? Cardoes track straight.​
3. It’s easy to get the rear to step out when accelerating out of a corner-driver issue 🤷‍♂️ I just have to get more used to the car.​
4. I need to find some nice rock guards like the ones I bought from ACS Composites for my C7’s and C8.​
6. How do I get it to default to “Sport+”?​

Now the good

1. This car is 100 times more fun to pilot than the C8 was-The only time I enjoyed the C8 was when I was trying to push it to its limits.​
2.the interior is absolutely perfect with an intelligent controls laid out.​
3. The manual transmission is perfect for this car-I wouldn’t have it without it.​
4.The leather seats and overall ride quality is extremely comfortable for me.​
5. I can get in and out of it without rolling, hurting myself or kicking the sh@t out of the door.​

6A34EC7B-46BB-4FB5-B774-FBFDD6A9597C.jpeg

1373AACA-C6E9-49CB-8EC3-7BFF09C7920C.jpeg
1. Adjust the rubber hood bounces. There's one on each side when you pop the hood. Twist each one counter clockwise 1/4 turn until the bouncing stops.
2. A track alignment would probably do you some good. Also look at Steeda's bump steer kit. Fixes the steering wheel jerks when you hit a bump.
3. The mustang's IRS is a weak spot but can be easily remedied. The subframe has a ton of movement which may be causing you to step out. Look into Steeda's stop the hop kit, or BMR's subframe lockout kit. Those fix this issue and aren't hard to install. Probably the best suspension upgrade you can do for your car.

Last edited:

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not much to add, but for those without Forscan, simply disconnecting the center speaker greatly improves stereo sound.
I found that replacing the subwoofer with a pioneer one like a lot of others have done on here made quite the difference honestly.

I still need to disconnect the center speaker too but this car is just a pain in the ass to upgrade the sound on and not worth the money after a point imo. The B&O isn't bad at all if you adjust the EQ and upgrade the subwoofer imo, but sound is subjective 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored