NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
2022 Mach 1 thank you so much for that. Has me thinking about the rear end gears. I failed to mention that my '14 had 3.73's with the MT82 but only when I swapped out to 3.2x (can remember if it was 3.27, 3.23, 3.21) did the traction issues improve. As well the drivability improved in that I could now use 4th gear mostly around town, where with 3.73 I had to shift to 5th quite a bit.
Now considering that I may need to do similar on the Mach 1

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@NJMike

Note that if you are using that table as a comparison to your 14 MT82, it won’t be a good guide.

I think your 14 MT82 had ratios closer to the 3160 than the above table would suggest (but I don’t have the exact values sorry) :like:

WD :like:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It seems a pro charger is the preferred method for a 6 sp M1.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
If you go Procharger, just double check your parts list as soon as you get it. Made the mistake of not doing that and found out the exact differences between a M1 kit and a standard GT kit (even though they use the same part numbers).
Could you expand on the differences please?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Could you expand on the differences please?
I'll do my best, it's been a hot minute since I really worried about any of it.

From what I remember there were three major things that I had issues with.

1.) Throttle body elbow. The Mach 1 has a slightly bigger throttle body so the elbow that connects the metal tube with the MAF sensor is different from the standard GT model.

2.) For the lower radiator hose, the Mach 1 kit uses two 90 degree elbows instead of just re-using the stock hose. These hoses are also used in the blow off valve (standard not the big red race one.) so if you end up with a standard GT kit you'll end up short.

3.) I don't know if this one is my bad or what but I can assure you that the air filter I got absolutely would not fit as described in the instructions. I ended up using a much shorter universal K&N filter and trimmed the plastic tube that goes on the head unit intake.

I think the only other differences would be the hose clamps for the extra/large hoses. Again it's been long enough from the instal point that I'm sure I missed something but I hope this gives you a better idea of what to look for/expect.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Thank you for taking the time to do the write up @TheBigChubowski . I was curious if they aux cooling plumbing would have interfered with the routing of intercooler tubing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thank you for taking the time to do the write up @TheBigChubowski . I was curious if they aux cooling plumbing would have interfered with the routing of intercooler tubing.
Yes and no. From the head unit to the intercooler to the thorttle body the extra stuff on the Mach 1 doesn't interfere with the Procharger kit outside of the larger throttle body. For the air filter, the extra cooling units on the Mach 1 change where the air filter has to go and was one of the issues I ran in to. The filter they sent with the kit was too big for where I ended up putting the air filter and I still am not sure where the gap to actually put said filter is. I kind of just made it work.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
You can't go wrong with either option, Whipple is probably the most popular however I love ProCharger. They sound great and make good power, not as much down low but they are sinister up in the rpm range! I have a TVS on my car and it's super fun around town or just stabbing the throttle real quick.

Either option can make as much power as you want and then some! we build them all so if you have any questions or need advie I would love to help.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd personally go with an ESS G3 if I were picking FI for my Mach 1.

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Not an option for me in California
That's too bad sorry for that. I grew up in the Central Valley just south of you (Tracy). I was also lucky enough to escape CA in the 90's. I remember cruising McHenry every Friday and Saturday but back then it was an old Camaro. Do they still have Graffiti Night in Modesto?

Last edited:
OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
That's too bad sorry for that. I grew up in the Central Valley just south of you (Tracy). I was also lucky enough to escape CA in the 90's. I remember cruising McHenry every Friday and Saturday but back then it was an old Camaro. Do they still have Graffiti Night in Modesto?
They do. I'm actually in discover bay so not far from where you grew up at all.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
They do. I'm actually in discover bay so not far from where you grew up at all.
Good Times!! And then there was the ski boat.... Does Lost Isle still exist?? It was a bar only accessible by boat, I think it was northeast of Tiki just off the Stockton deep water channel. I remember many an night at Lost Isle... Used to put in at Oasis a lot. Im talking early 90's
Sponsored

Last edited: