2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
having the same engine as you and when talking to my installer/vendor the procharger HO 2 with the base head unit would mount on the left side of the engine allowing me to keep stock intake and air box. (of couse that goes away with bigger unit). So when I am ready that will be my choice.
Yup. I confirmed this with procharger this morning as well. Sounds like the CARB compliant should be ready to go shortly
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So got confirmation from Procharger they have submitted for the Mach 1 to get CARB approved. While Lethal is offering 10% off the whipple this weekend. 10% off the Stg 2 is a nice discount that goes along ways for rear traction upgrades. Without the sale both the Procharger and Whipple are priced the same (procharger I 300 less.)

I have a whipple on my 2014 and there are pros and cons to it. I'm familiar with the set up and love the instant Tq on the street. The install is a PITA as it took me and a buddy about 18 hrs to do.

However I also like the idea of the procharger. I can keep all the GT-350 goodies in place. Also the install seems a lot more straight forward.

Thoughts from those who have done it to their Machs or any opinions really. And no I'm not worry about the warranty concerns
Both are great supercharger units. I really like the look of a Whipple under the hood. Ran them on a few of my cars. You also will get great power gains with the Procharger. Here are the Mach1 Whipple kits we offer with the 10% off sale! Send me a message if you have any questions on the kits!

Whipple Superchargers WK-2627STG1-30 Stage 1 3.0L Supercharger Kit (2021 Mach-1 Mustang) <-- Stage 1

Whipple Superchargers WK-2627STG2-30 Stage 2 3.0L Supercharger Kit (2021 Mach-1 Mustang) <-- Stage 2

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Didn't vortech make a M1 kit?

I am wrong

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Brands aside I like the nature of the centrifugals for this car. It's not a drag racer but I'm also aware this is just my opinion. Centrifugals will stay cooler and have better manners for a road course but some love that low end punch for the streets which I can't argue with either. I want to keep my GT350 manifold and my strut brace.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Brands aside I like the nature of the centrifugals for this car. It's not a drag racer but I'm also aware this is just my opinion. Centrifugals will stay cooler and have better manners for a road course but some love that low end punch for the streets which I can't argue with either. I want to keep my GT350 manifold and my strut brace.
Any high power RWD car is better setup for centrifugals. Kind of shocked at how popular positive displacement roots style blowers are. I guess people haven`t driven both type.

Oh well..

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Does not do me any good. I have a 22 Mach 1 and need a CARB compliant kit
I hear ya. The Mach 1 is still new and rare. I'm curious what long-standing kit manuferactures may be working on but haven't announced yet.

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I hear ya. The Mach 1 is still new and rare. I'm curious what long-standing kit manuferactures may be working on but haven't announced yet.
Whipple has EO in place and Procharger has submitted for approval. Back in the good ol days you could buy one knowing an EO was on its way. Now most won't even sell you a kit if the shipping address is in CA and there is currently no EO.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Well, I think I answered my own question about the Votech kit. The charge piping that goes into the cavity where the windshield wiper fluid tank lives will interfere with one of the Mach 1's auxiliary coolers. The top screenshot is from CJ Pony Part's Vortech install video and the bottom screenshot is from Trucknroll's twin turbo install video.

1662087973797.png
1662088062549.png

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Any high power RWD car is better setup for centrifugals. Kind of shocked at how popular positive displacement roots style blowers are. I guess people haven`t driven both type.

Oh well..
Interesting take on this. As someone who has used all three type power adders, my absolute favorite for a dd or street car that’s spends 99% of the time just cruising or on the streets is far and away a PD blower. Useable power everywhere never have to wind it out to feel my investment. Don’t get me wrong, all 3 are fantastic but each delivers power differently. All 3 types have positives and negatives.

Not sure what your experiences are, but for a true daily a PD just flat out works. If I was building a track monster is go the other way. Centri or turbo, big stall to keep the revs where they can make hay.

Anyone with a manual would likely prefer a PD over a centri. 10 speed cars may get away with a centri due to number of gears and the ability to keep it on a boil at wot.

PDs are popular because they feel so good all the time.

Your mileage may vary.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If you go Procharger, just double check your parts list as soon as you get it. Made the mistake of not doing that and found out the exact differences between a M1 kit and a standard GT kit (even though they use the same part numbers).

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Interesting take on this. As someone who has used all three type power adders, my absolute favorite for a dd or street car that’s spends 99% of the time just cruising or on the streets is far and away a PD blower. Useable power everywhere never have to wind it out to feel my investment. Don’t get me wrong, all 3 are fantastic but each delivers power differently. All 3 types have positives and negatives.

Not sure what your experiences are, but for a true daily a PD just flat out works. If I was building a track monster is go the other way. Centri or turbo, big stall to keep the revs where they can make hay.

Anyone with a manual would likely prefer a PD over a centri. 10 speed cars may get away with a centri due to number of gears and the ability to keep it on a boil at wot.

PDs are popular because they feel so good all the time.

Your mileage may vary.
You have to manage the throttle a lot more with your setup. Kind of what this guy talks about her at 40 seconds. (my local shop)

I think its amazing how the centrifugal it kind of acts like stock down low and when you want to boost. Plus it sounds amazing a lot the time, even at idle. I am more of a rolling race type guy though. I think both setups are great for making power I am just shocked how many don`t go centrifugal. I can`t street enough how much cooler they sound.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
You have to manage the throttle a lot more with your setup. Kind of what this guy talks about her at 40 seconds. (my local shop)

I think its amazing how the centrifugal it kind of acts like stock down low and when you want to boost. Plus it sounds amazing a lot the time, even at idle. I am more of a rolling race type guy though. I think both setups are great for making power I am just shocked how many don`t go centrifugal. I can`t street enough how much cooler they sound.
I will agree completely with the sound. Mine is silent. Still don’t understand how the Dodge Demons have their nice whine sound...
Centris have that distinctive gear noise that when one is driving towards you that’s all you hear before the exhaust gets past.
Sponsored