NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Any high power RWD car is better setup for centrifugals. Kind of shocked at how popular positive displacement roots style blowers are. I guess people haven`t driven both type.

Oh well..
I havent driven a centri car, but the PD blowers are magnificent with the right gearing/tire combo. Granted I will likely not take mine to a track often and will mostly be on the streets. (track = with turns, strip = drag racing)
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I will agree completely with the sound. Mine is silent. Still don’t understand how the Dodge Demons have their nice whine sound...
Centris have that distinctive gear noise that when one is driving towards you that’s all you hear before the exhaust gets past.
This is a video I took of my friends procharger 5.0L. Even at such low RPMs it gives a awesome sound.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I live in Cali so it must be CARB legal, I also want warranty so seems like the only option would be Whipple correct?

I am also interested in notching the strut tower brace so it fits with the whipple.

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I live in Cali so it must be CARB legal, I also want warranty so seems like the only option would be Whipple correct?

I am also interested in notching the strut tower brace so it fits with the whipple.
Looks like you can add 3/8 >nch shims to fit the brace over the whipple and still close the hood. If I find the article again I'll send it over.

Procharger confirmed with me yesterday that they have submitted to the state for the EO and should have soon.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I got one of the first ProCharger for my Mach 1 and had it installed by Pro Dyno about 7 months ago.
When we go to the mountains on the weekends and do some spirited driving, coming off corners you can get on it and not worry about the back end stepping out because of the
linear power delivery. Plus we was able to install the shaker.
1662049409035.png
1662049668029.png
WOW! That shaker looks killer!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Interesting take on this. As someone who has used all three type power adders, my absolute favorite for a dd or street car that’s spends 99% of the time just cruising or on the streets is far and away a PD blower. Useable power everywhere never have to wind it out to feel my investment. Don’t get me wrong, all 3 are fantastic but each delivers power differently. All 3 types have positives and negatives.

Not sure what your experiences are, but for a true daily a PD just flat out works. If I was building a track monster is go the other way. Centri or turbo, big stall to keep the revs where they can make hay.

Anyone with a manual would likely prefer a PD over a centri. 10 speed cars may get away with a centri due to number of gears and the ability to keep it on a boil at wot.

PDs are popular because they feel so good all the time.

Your mileage may vary.
After all of the threads I've gone through it really seems to be up to personal preference. General consensus seems to be there really isn't a wrong way to go on forced induction for the coyote.

I went centrifugal (Procharger) for the install and near stock driving performance in normal traffic scenarios.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I havent driven a centri car, but the PD blowers are magnificent with the right gearing/tire combo. Granted I will likely not take mine to a track often and will mostly be on the streets. (track = with turns, strip = drag racing)
On the street with a manual and high Rev Coyote I’d personally pick a centri on the Mach. I actually plan on doing just that if my purple car (almost twin to your car) is built.
Engineers use the term ‘time to torque’ when evaluating forced induction and PD blowers almost always win that. But for pleasure street driving and fun pulls I’m looking forward to just having something that just keeps building boost linearly as the Coyote revs out to 7500-8000rpm.
It’ll be the opposite of your PD experience but in a good way.
Really can’t go wrong with either.
-J

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the street with a manual and high Rev Coyote I’d personally pick a centri on the Mach. I actually plan on doing just that if my purple car (almost twin to your car) is built.
Engineers use the term ‘time to torque’ when evaluating forced induction and PD blowers almost always win that. But for pleasure street driving and fun pulls I’m looking forward to just having something that just keeps building boost linearly as the Coyote revs out to 7500-8000rpm.
It’ll be the opposite of your PD experience but in a good way.
Really can’t go wrong with either.
-J
Im just a junky :)
I love the look and sound of the PD blower. Although I doubt it will like my T'Hawk

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I love the look and sound of the PD blower. Although I doubt it will like my T'Hawk
Exactly. I knew you had a TH so I think you’d be pleasantly surprised by how the centri on the Mach is an opposite/different experience.
I’ve got a beautiful brunette at home, so if I ever make it to a gentleman’s club, I’d choose the blonde :)
And yes I miss my Trackhawk :(
Have a good holiday weekend buddy, can’t wait to see your Mach 1 when she comes in.
-J

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. I knew you had a TH so I think you’d be pleasantly surprised by how the centri on the Mach is an opposite/different experience.
I’ve got a beautiful brunette at home, so if I ever make it to a gentleman’s club, I’d choose the blonde :)
And yes I miss my Trackhawk :(
Have a good holiday weekend buddy, can’t wait to see your Mach 1 when she comes in.
-J
You do have a couple PD cars too, so I cant fault you for going outside the box I put myself in :)
Enjoy your weekend also

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I get it we all have personal taste. But to me the centri sounds worlds cooler. Even at idle you can hear it. All those aftermarket PD kits for the coyote are way to quiet. Totally unacceptable in my opinion.

I kind of have to believe people just haven`t experienced a centri setup before. And the PD style is just more common and people are more familiar with it.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
my understanding is that for the M6, centri is the answer, and whipple/PD for the auto. I do know some folks with the whipple w/ the M82 and they say 1st/2nd gear are just about useless.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my understanding is that for the M6, centri is the answer, and whipple/PD for the auto. I do know some folks with the whipple w/ the M82 and they say 1st/2nd gear are just about useless.
My experience with the Roush making 600 wheel on the 2014 was not the same. Sure did first gear spin if you tried to launch hard on the street dumping the clutch at 2500 or more? You bet it did.
But given it was not a daily driver I was able to keep Drag Radials on it year round and had the suspension tuned to handle it for the most part. It got up and went pretty well.
What I would like to attempt is meet up with @biminiLX somewhere between NJ & Ohio and drive each others cars :rockon:

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Looks like the opposite would be true. The gearing on the 10 spd provides a ton more tq multiplication.

Also you'd want the PD advantage on low end tq to overcome the lack of gears. The nice thing is with a PD your always gonna be in you peak tq band on each shift.

The centri would have the benefit of the higher tq multiplication of thee 10 spd to help it get going and the tighter gear spacing allowing you to remain in its powerband.

Screenshot_20220909-054102_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2022 Mach 1 do you happen to have the ratios for the MT82 in comparison to the Tremec or know where I can find that?
Sponsored