ProCharger Vs Whipple

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
So got confirmation from Procharger they have submitted for the Mach 1 to get CARB approved. While Lethal is offering 10% off the whipple this weekend. 10% off the Stg 2 is a nice discount that goes along ways for rear traction upgrades. Without the sale both the Procharger and Whipple are priced the same (procharger I 300 less.)

I have a whipple on my 2014 and there are pros and cons to it. I'm familiar with the set up and love the instant Tq on the street. The install is a PITA as it took me and a buddy about 18 hrs to do.

However I also like the idea of the procharger. I can keep all the GT-350 goodies in place. Also the install seems a lot more straight forward.

Thoughts from those who have done it to their Machs or any opinions really. And no I'm not worry about the warranty concerns
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
it makes little sense to me to buy a M1 then rip out a lot of what makes it a M1 to put a Whipple in. If going that route i personally would just get GT. so my vote is ProCharger or ESS even.

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
No Ess for me gotta stay Carb compliant. The intake is very little what makes a Mach 1 a Mach 1. Otherwise your right we should have all bought GTs and added the FP performance pack

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I got one of the first ProCharger for my Mach 1 and had it installed by Pro Dyno about 7 months ago.
When we go to the mountains on the weekends and do some spirited driving, coming off corners you can get on it and not worry about the back end stepping out because of the
linear power delivery. Plus we was able to install the shaker.
1662049409035.png
1662049668029.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
I got one of the first ProCharger for my Mach 1 and had it installed by Pro Dyno about 7 months ago.
When we go to the mountains on the weekends and do some spirited driving, coming off corners you can get on it and not worry about the back end stepping out because of the
linear power delivery. Plus we was able to install the shaker.
1662049409035.png
1662049668029.png
Looking good. Did you dyno it by chance?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
(I have the vehicle on order still but the parts list in my sig is in my garage already) The main reason I decided to go Whipple is the instant power. Having come from a '14 GT with Roush, I love the PD blowers. If the intake is the main component someone wanted to retain then the Centri makes plenty of sense. Luckystang's set up is great! Im sure its plenty fast and does better at hooking then any of the PDs out there.
I will be doing all I can to re-install the strut tower brace by lower the engine.
Did not go with a GT + PP as I want the Tremec. The MT 82 was ok for me but didnt want it again.

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
(I have the vehicle on order still but the parts list in my sig is in my garage already) The main reason I decided to go Whipple is the instant power. Having come from a '14 GT with Roush, I love the PD blowers. If the intake is the main component someone wanted to retain then the Centri makes plenty of sense. Luckystang's set up is great! Im sure its plenty fast and does better at hooking then any of the PDs out there.
I will be doing all I can to re-install the strut tower brace by lower the engine.
Did not go with a GT + PP as I want the Tremec. The MT 82 was ok for me but didnt want it again.
I have a very similar build to your 2014 only its a whipple. I do enjoy the power it makes. The PD with the 6r80 really moves on my 2014.

I like the procharger for the simplicity of the install from looking over the manual. Also the power of the centri seems to really benefit from the quick shifting 10r80 where I'm rarely out of peak power band when FTB

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
You can notch the strut tower brace for the Whipple. If I find the thread, I will let you know.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
When the times comes for me, it will be a Procharger. I had one on my 03 Mach, and it was a blast. The install isn't bad either, I would like a dedicated drive system for it though, and hope the crank snout does not break.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I have a very similar build to your 2014 only its a whipple. I do enjoy the power it makes. The PD with the 6r80 really moves on my 2014.

I like the procharger for the simplicity of the install from looking over the manual. Also the power of the centri seems to really benefit from the quick shifting 10r80 where I'm rarely out of peak power band when FTB
I bet it moves! Mine made 600 wheel. IT was a track pack car with 3.73s - I had to change the rear to 3.27 (I think? or close to that) and it helped with 1st & 2nd traction a bit, but also made it more drivable around town.
You already have the Whipple, go Procharger on this one :)

OP
OP
2022 Mach 1

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
I bet it moves! Mine made 600 wheel. IT was a track pack car with 3.73s - I had to change the rear to 3.27 (I think? or close to that) and it helped with 1st & 2nd traction a bit, but also made it more drivable around town.
You already have the Whipple, go Procharger on this one :)
I like your suggestion. It moves with the 3.15 rear. 630 to the wheel on 91 and 708 with e85.

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
@2022 Mach 1 ..Having the same engine as you and when talking to my installer/vendor the procharger HO 2 with the base head unit would mount on the left side of the engine allowing me to keep stock intake and air box. (of course that goes away with bigger SC unit). So when I am ready that will be my choice.
Sponsored