NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Stop quoting this as "not honoring price protection". The cost to them is the exact same. They are openly admitting to you that they will steal the reimbursement. This is what has to be spread as many consumers may blame Ford and not the dealers.
Are you saying the cost is the same as when the vehicle was ordered?
Also how do you know there is a reimbursement for the order? Is this a dealer specific thing or do all dealers get a reimbursement on every vehicle? Trying to understand this better
Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Also how do you know there is a reimbursement for the order? Is this a dealer specific thing or do all dealers get a reimbursement on every vehicle? Trying to understand this better
Ford came out and said in a statement that orders placed before the price hikes would get a rebate from them to honor the original price once the car was delivered. So it's not a dealership thing, it's directly from Ford.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Now i'm wondering if I can get more for my current Mustang from a local dealer vs Carvana since there's like nothing in the way of inventory around here and the market has only gotten worse lately.
probably not. carvana is still in full stupid-overpay mode. The dealers are starting to smell the brimstone of collapse so not likely to give you a good buy-back. I was astonished, actually that Koons Toyota was dumb enough to give me 2 grand over MSRP for a (still new, 1000 miles) 2021 as base as can be Ecoboost.

The other major dealers offered MSRP, MSRP+300, and 1000 below MSRP.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ford has increased the invoice and MSRP of several vehicles. HOWEVER retail orders, fleet orders, etc. that have been placed are price protected. Dealers will automatically be paid the difference by Ford. So while the invoice you are paying looks different, Ford is doing their part, and it is up to the dealer to do the right thing as Ford cannot sell directly to consumers. Some dealers are choosing to keep the money while charging the new amount.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
probably not. carvana is still in full stupid-overpay mode. The dealers are starting to smell the brimstone of collapse so not likely to give you a good buy-back. I was astonished, actually that Koons Toyota was dumb enough to give me 2 grand over MSRP for a (still new, 1000 miles) 2021 as base as be Ecoboost.
Yeah, I'm hoping it stays that way for a bit longer — hopefully the production and delivery on the Mach 1 are quick. Carvana offered me $300 more than I paid for my V6 over 5 1/2 years ago lol. And that's after putting 40k miles on it too.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Ford came out and said in a statement that orders placed before the price hikes would get a rebate from them to honor the original price once the car was delivered. So it's not a dealership thing, it's directly from Ford.
OH! I wasnt aware of that. Thank you!

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
In my experience there was no hidden fees with Chapman . straight up 4% below invoice and nothing else. I even paid my own tax/reg in my own state.
Was the invoice amount when you picked up the car the same as it was when you ordered the car? In other words, did you end up paying the same or more than what you agreed to when you originally ordered the car in '21?

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I'm hoping that's the case and they honor the 4% under invoice at the price I was quoted back in January. I just emailed them to ask. Not a dealbreaker if they won't price protect but a bit of a bummer still. I've heard a lot of good things about them on here so I was surprised at the couple very negative reviews I've seen posted on here recently.

Also by the rebate, he meant that Ford price protects orders made before price increases and will give dealers a rebate (which should be passed onto the customer, but isn't always)
I ordered from Chapman last November. I’m taking delivery this Friday, they are honoring the pricing agreed upon last November. My order was for a plain ‘ole GT. Not sure what they are doing with Mach 1.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I ordered from Chapman last November. I’m taking delivery this Friday, they are honoring the pricing agreed upon last November. My order was for a plain ‘ole GT. Not sure what they are doing with Mach 1.
I'd have to go back and pull the references, but the increases, some of the largest, were on the Mach 1, GT500, some models of F150s, etc. I believe GT (non-Premium) and EcoBoost types were not affected

here we go...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...reases-coming-effective-april-13-2022.174056/

https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2022-ford-mustang-gets-price-increases-on-all-v8-powered-models/

From others' experiences posted here, it is my belief that...Price Protection is not automatic. The dealer applies for it, order-by-order. Requests are processed and checks cut, to the dealer, NLT 45 days after being applied for. The order has to be placed for an individual and purchased by that same individual.

To the customer, it is often seamless. The money for the price difference flows between Ford and the dealer.

There has been at least one instance where, the individual bought the car at the higher price, and once the check was received, it was then passed on to the customer. At the time of commitment, there was a verbal understanding between the dealer and the customer it would happen this way. In order to help secure this transaction, the buyer withheld the after-sale survey (which drives the salesperson's commission) until the price protection check was in-hand.

In addition to price increases, many of the cash back discounts ($500 - $1000+) are available on some models, but not the Mach 1, GT500, etc. I do understand dealers can and do deviate with respect to this topic.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I'd have to go back and pull the references, but the increases, some of the largest, were on the Mach 1, GT500, some models of F150s, etc. I believe GT (non-Premium) and EcoBoost types were not affected

here we go...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...reases-coming-effective-april-13-2022.174056/

https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2022-ford-mustang-gets-price-increases-on-all-v8-powered-models/

Further, many of the cash back discounts ($500 - $1000+) are available on some models, but not the Mach 1, GT500, etc. I do understand dealers can and do deviate with respect to this topic.
The GT had a price increase on the base price of the car along with increases on some of the options. I also qualified for the $1k retail order rebate. So far they’ve been upfront with pricing, rebates etc. I’ll let everyone know how things went with final delivery. I take delivery Friday, prolly won’t post anything Friday as I’ll be having a lot of fun.

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
I got the rebate on my 2022 Mach 1 so that I would end up paying the 2021 price.
How did you swing that? I had a 2021 order from May that was cancelled.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ordered from Grainger on (give or take a day) 2/15 and the DORA had certain pricing for the HP (think it was $3750) - the following day I received my quote from Chapman which had the HP at $4000. I questioned it and was told "we are seeing price increases from Ford..." The HP now has gone up to $4500 which I also was
Was the invoice amount when you picked up the car the same as it was when you ordered the car? In other words, did you end up paying the same or more than what you agreed to when you originally ordered the car in '21?
same as agreed, not 1 cent difference. But that was last year on a 21.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Interesting, because they just flat out refused when I asked this morning, saying the DORA I signed was an estimate and I would be charged 4% under the final delivered invoice price.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
This is mostly concerning recent HP deliveries, are the cars coming complete as in gurney flap, front fender lip moldings, front spoiler, rear splash guards, car covers etc. If not and you take delivery from an out of state dealer are they shipping them to you and at who’s expense.
Sponsored