Sponsored

VMP Odin IAT

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No chiller, no meth. Separating the body of the blower from the heads is probably THE single best thing you can do to avoid high IAT’s. I’m actually surprised that the manufacturers haven’t redesigned their blowers to use them (eg. Remove thickness of phenolic material from inlet runners, add phenolic spacer to equivalent of removed material, thereby maintaining the final installed height).
Honestly - maybe you should design one yourself lol. I can tell you - I am not the only person who stays far away from anything roots because of the heat soak issues from the factory. Without a chiller or meth - those are amazing results.
Sponsored

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
Today I noticed my iats at 155 which is higher then normal, it’s not especially hot here in NY so not sure what’s up. I have the Odin kit myself.

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I too live in south Florida and I have VMP Odin with ice tank (never put ice in it yet) and see IAT2 hover around 130-135 when stopped in traffic. On highway anywhere from 110 to 125 depending on ambient air temps. In the morning on my 20 minute commute to work it doesn't go above 20 degrees above ambient.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I too live in south Florida and I have VMP Odin with ice tank (never put ice in it yet) and see IAT2 hover around 130-135 when stopped in traffic. On highway anywhere from 110 to 125 depending on ambient air temps. In the morning on my 20 minute commute to work it doesn't go above 20 degrees above ambient.
so you're running 50/50 coolant water in the ice tank? and overall you're pretty happy with it?

Sponsored

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
what's the difference between running 50/50 coolant water and running what you're running? is it considered better for lower temps between the two?
Since I never have to worry about freezing temperatures here in Florida I decided to run it this way. I have not seen any drop in level in my ice tank and I've been checking everyday. I used 2 bottles of red line water wetter and the rest distilled water till the system was full.

I use Ford OEM coolant for my engine cooling system with mixture of 60% water /40% coolant and I have Reische 170 thermostat.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Since I never have to worry about freezing temperatures here in Florida I decided to run it this way. I have not seen any drop in level in my ice tank and I've been checking everyday. I used 2 bottles of red line water wetter and the rest distilled water till the system was full.

I use Ford OEM coolant for my engine cooling system with mixture of 60% water /40% coolant and I have Reische 170 thermostat.
I may have to upgrade the thermostat as well to see if that helps is 170 the ideal one to get?

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I may have to upgrade the thermostat as well to see if that helps is 170 the ideal one to get?
The lower temp thermostat does not benefit or help with IAT2 temps. I installed the thermostat the same time I installed the Odin kit and the fans are adjusted in the new tune for the lower temp thermostat as well. I never see cylinder head temps go above 200, always in the 190 range. With stock thermostat I always saw 200-210

Sponsored

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
The lower temp thermostat does not benefit or help with IAT2 temps. I installed the thermostat the same time I installed the Odin kit and the fans are adjusted in the new tune for the lower temp thermostat as well. I never see cylinder head temps go above 200, always in the 190 range. With stock thermostat I always saw 200-210
Ah ok and sorry for the dumb question but what’s the advantage of the lower cylinder temps?

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Just so the engine isn't running as hot especially now with the blower installed.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
For those that have the VMP Odin, what IAT’s are you seeing? I live in Florida and even though it isn’t hot yet, I see 30+ degrees over ambient on the highway and will see IATs at 150 when in traffic. I have the triple pass HE that came with the kit and the HE fans are always on. I burped all the HE hoses during the install and haven’t seen the coolant level drop at all in the bottle. With the lid off the bottle, it looks like there is good flow as I can see the coolant circulating. I am using Engine Ice as the coolant in the HE system. The numbers seem a little high compared to what I have seen people post up with other systems.
sorry to resurrect this thread but which coolant method do you have? The ice tank or the smaller unit that sits by the blower? I’m wondering if the ice tankfilled with coolant is too much for the intercooler pump provided by the kit. I wonder if I should try just straight ice in it?

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
sorry to resurrect this thread but which coolant method do you have? The ice tank or the smaller unit that sits by the blower? I’m wondering if the ice tankfilled with coolant is too much for the intercooler pump provided by the kit. I wonder if I should try just straight ice in it?
I have the Odin ice tank and I have never put ice in it yet bc there's no point in it as a daily driver. Now when you are at the track or on the dyno and you want the lowest IAT2 temps to achieve max power than you would add ice.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
I have the Odin ice tank and I have never put ice in it yet bc there's no point in it as a daily driver. Now when you are at the track or on the dyno and you want the lowest IAT2 temps to achieve max power than you would add ice.
ok yeah doing the same but I talked to VMP and they say to have the shop see if I have air in the coolant system.
Sponsored