Sponsored

Mach 1 vs Camaro SS 1LE

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Sales are of course related to "normal use " in the 99.9% of the time and mustang are better looking cars.
But if you need a car for track and if i wpuld do it again (i track only my mustang 18) i would go ss 1le.
I do have a ZL1 1LE too. And still i think i wpuld pick the ss 1le platform.
I'll trade you lol. ZL1 1LE for my SS 1LE
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
completely irrelevant observation. I've been taking sh*ts every day or so in my life. That's not something I celebrate, really.
Gee, at my age a daily is something to celebrate

The only reason to drop a model is poor sales, so why the poor sales. Is it quality, or appeal, or something else that makes the Camaro fall short in sales.
Now the SS/1LE may be a better track car than any other Mustang out there, but they have to sell cars to stay in the game.
Around here I keep an eye open for the big 3 for an unofficial count of the most popular V8 pony cars (Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang). Challengers are probably the most popular (had one of those too, it was a 1970 340,4spd). Mustang GT's are next, and I've even seen a GT500. RS, and SS Camaro's especially the SS are almost as rare as my PP2.
I happen to think the SS is a good looking car, but I've owned one 85, Z28 and I wasn't ready for another Chevy. Could that change in the future; probably not, but who knows.
I loved my 70 Challenger. It was my first car. Had more fun with that car than any other. Would I get another Challenger? Not if it even ate Corvettes and pooped Porsche's.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just because the majority want a 4 seater or prefer looks has no bearing on the excellence of the product for a niche role. If camaro sells enough to keep it off that idiot hag's radar that is all that matters.

I've been eyeing the caddy cts4v blackwing. But it's 150pct if the 1le price so not going to happen. I spend up to 40g on vehicles period so I look for the best value and excellence I can find.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro SS 1LE is a superior, & less expensive car to the Mustang MACH 1. There is no debate there.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Which lends credibility to my opinion. The road manners of the 1LE are no match for the road manners of the M1.
I have test driven a SS 1LE and it was fine for the street. About the same as my GT PP + Track Pack.

Now the ZL1 1LE, yeah, that is not fun on the street. Better left to those who live 10 minutes from a track and/or plan to spend most of their time there.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
2019 PP2 vs 2019 1LE, both on Cup 2's, same track, same day, same driver...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
mustang 1:12.77
camaro 1:11.50
both beat the BMW M2 competition.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Superior and less expensive TRACK car.
Lol. And what's the MACH 1 geared to again ? Didn't FORD call it the most capable track car it ever designed . Yup, thought so.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Camaro SS 1LE is a superior, & less expensive car to the Mustang MACH 1. There is no debate there.
Opinion. Superior is a vague term. I consider visibility, RPM potential and ride quality as well. Most, in fact nearly all buyers of a Mustang or Camaro don't seriously track the car. In that situation, yes, the Camaro may be better. But to say it is superior requires qualifiers.

The reason the Camaro isn't selling, though cheaper, is because most actual buyers don't agree with you. Not a slam, just facts in a capitalistic society. On top of that many, like me, are offended by GM's bankruptcy and mandate that they take my tax dollars and bail out a poorly managed company.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. And what's the MACH 1 geared to again ? Didn't FORD call it the most capable track car it ever designed . Yup, thought so.
Superior my ass!
Don’t forget the pathetic, impractical trunk on a Camaro
GM sucks man.. I’ve driven plenty of Chevy’s for work and they all suck

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Most track capable 5.0 is what they claimed. That does not equal “track car.” Just because people on forums want to bench race it against the 1le does not mean that Ford set out to beat that particular car on the track. In fact I would challenge you to find one mention by Ford that the camaro had anything to do with the focus of the Mach 1’s development. as I’ve said on here before, Ford has the luxury of not caring about what Chevrolet does with the camaro. It is irrelevant at this point from a sales perspective, which after all, is the goal of the Ford motor company.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Superior my ass!
Don’t forget the pathetic, impractical trunk on a Camaro
GM sucks man.. I’ve driven plenty of Chevy’s for work and they all suck
Sorry Shogun,
That was extreme..
I just really dislike Camaros
Nothing against the Caddy you want, actually a cool sports sedan!
Sponsored