Sponsored

From SS 1LE to Mach1 Handling pack

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Hey what’s up guys been a long time since I been here.

I’ve been driving two Camaro SS 1les for about 3 years now. I want a change I’m not thrilled with the clutch on my SSs and just want a change. The mach1 handling pack looks great but how is it in handling say compared to a 1le? Any thoughts? Anyone track their mach1 and can give some feedback? Should I wait for a dark donkey?
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Odd are the Dark Donkey will be the better track car versus the M1....

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don’t have the bigger wheels tires and spoiler, but my neighbor had an ss1le and his steering felt more defined than the Mach 1. If track is most important then the Camaro wins. Whole package Mach1 wins. P.S. he traded it in for a C8. A butt ugly C8 that he keeps telling me is fast, and I reply that it doesn’t matter how fast it is because it’s still butt ugly. :giggle: And the Mustang is:blush:

Last edited:

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Very recent video comparing the two, see below. Probably nothing surprising, ss 1le has better steering, better chassis, however M1 HP has a more rewarding motor and is a little easier to live with day to day

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Very recent video
Thanks for posting. :like: Makes me miss driving mine. Going to be a long Winter. Maybe I can just sit in the car and make engine noises. :crazy: Somehow, I don't think it will be the same.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Thanks for posting. :like: Makes me miss driving mine. Going to be a long Winter. Maybe I can just sit in the car and make engine noises. :crazy: Somehow, I don't think it will be the same.
I will send you a few videos over the winter too help with not being able to enjoy yours.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! I picked mine up 10/29 and really didnt realize how sticky the Cup 2s are. I havent driven it since and now it barely reached 40 here in NJ today. Let me know when you do your pretend driving, I'll go do the same :crackup:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The zl1 clutch setup seems consistent whereas ss1le is hit miss. I couldn't figure what parts were different. Or why.

Ss has much better magneride tuning than any trim mustang. SS diff is also better than mustang. Both cars definitely need IRS bracing.

The SS is very focused, mustang is casual and easy living. The SS trunk is useless, mustang very useful.

Ss feels like you have the front axle in your hands. Mustang is very mushy, even numb or perhaps as much as sloppy. But can be largely fixed for not too much coin.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
The zl1 clutch setup seems consistent whereas ss1le is hit miss. I couldn't figure what parts were different. Or why.

Ss has much better magneride tuning than any trim mustang. SS diff is also better than mustang. Both cars definitely need IRS bracing.

The SS is very focused, mustang is casual and easy living. The SS trunk is useless, mustang very useful.

Ss feels like you have the front axle in your hands. Mustang is very mushy, even numb or perhaps as much as sloppy. But can be largely fixed for not too much coin.
What are the best options to improve steering? K brace?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I get to drive her year round in Cali. The only good thing about Cali. lol
Sponsored