Mach 1 vs Bullitt

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey everyone- I recently lost my bullitt. Not trying to fill the void so fast due to the current market but found an eruption green Mach 1 for 61k (63 msrp). Doesn’t have the handling package but I just love the look. Still a little subdued but all the same things my bullitt had except the recaros. Is there a major difference in the cars? Is the transmission that much better???? I don’t want to jump the gun but it seems like this could be a viable replacement

1B807C1F-BADD-41EA-BC5F-2D764E0693AC.png
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If you can afford the car and the insurance, go for it. Found out not every company wants to insure Mach 1’s, but otherwise You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
there is a significant difference between the mach 1 and bullitt. Oil trans and differential coolers, better aero, better break booster, sway bars, toe link and I believe their may be a few other items I've left off. And you can always add HP items down the road fairly easy.

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You will not be disappointed. I don’t know if the Bullitt has magnaride but that too makes a big difference in the driving experience of the car. The tremec and the magnaride made a big difference between my Mach 1 and 2017 GT

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
As someone who owns both (see my recent post in the photography thread for photos of them together - I can't link it because I'm on a work computer where I can't copy the browser location) I can give you an honest opinion.

Yes the transmission is better but I haven't had any issues with my MT82 as the Bullitt only has 10k miles on it. The throws in the Mach 1 are shorter and the transmission feels a lot more firm. You can tell the shifter is better built. My Bullitt has every option, even the car cover! It also has quite a few mods like the Steeda stop the hop enthusiast package, trident wheels, filter and tune. So far the Bullitt feels a lot faster because of the mods and more nimble because it weighs less but the Mach 1 feels more rigid and more planted. You can feel the aero doing it's job at speed and the Bullitt just feels rowdy.

I wouldn't get a Mach 1 without Recaro's or without the handling package but that's just me. Those parts really make the car more adventurous and worth it imo. If you can wait and save more for a down payment I would wait till you could afford more of a package on the Mach 1. I can't imagine not having them on my car.

If you have any more in depth questions let me know. I respond faster on Instagram.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
You will not be disappointed. I don’t know if the Bullitt has magnaride but that too makes a big difference in the driving experience of the car. The tremec and the magnaride made a big difference between my Mach 1 and 2017 GT
My bullitt had magneride and recaros. This one would have the regular seats. Not necessarily a make or break deal for me. What’s the reason for less hp? I see it’s like 470?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My bullitt had magneride and recaros. This one would have the regular seats. Not necessarily a make or break deal for me. What’s the reason for less hp? I see it’s like 470?
The HP loss is the addition of the hydro carbon filter in the intake. It’s a simple swap, it has been proven on the dyno as well.

The leather seats are nice, Im a bigger guy and they hold me well when hitting the curves. The heat and cool function is nice as well. Here in NC, the cool function is nice.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
The regular seats are really nice in a hot climate, and comfortable. They are much more suitable for someone with a wider build, or wide hips. Do they hug as well on track? no.... but what percentage of the time are you on track compared to everyday drives?

I have a few track session under my belt on regular seats, not having Recaros doesn't bother me.

Even non HP cars are very track capable machines, suitable for back road bombing or several hard track sessions. HP cars just amp up the track prowess. All M1s have way more track endurance than PP cars or the Bullitt. The tremec is significantly better than the MT82, especially when comparing the ratios that are in the MT82D4 which is in the Bullitt.

The Mach 1 is a great replacement, in green non the less! If you like Mustang, to me there isn't a better choice to replace your Bullitt.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but hope to see you on here with a M1.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
It's upgrade in almost every way (looks are subjective). If you can afford it, get it.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I love the “Elite “ package
If you don’t have one, you’re nothing more than a peon…
Right up there with “limited “ edition that are only limited by the number of cars they can sell
Stupid and infantile marketing speak

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I went from a 2018 GT to the Mach.

The transmission feels more solid and the gear ratios are better.

You can add almost all the handling package stuff later if you want. I'm debating replacing the HP springs at some point with something a little stiffer.

Had Recaros in the 2018 and one of the things that sold me on the Mach during the test drive was the comfort of the heated and cooled seats compared to the Recaros.

Is the EG one at a local dealer?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I wouldn't get a Mach 1 without Recaro's or without the handling package but that's just me. Those parts really make the car more adventurous and worth it imo. If you can wait and save more for a down payment I would wait till you could afford more of a package on the Mach 1. I can't imagine not having them on my car.
Just imagine driving a Bullitt
on steroids. Since you have a Bullitt, I’m sure you won’t have a problem imagining that. :wink: :cwl:
Or take off your wheels and tires from your Bullitt and put them on the Mach 1. That will be 98.9% the same thing. Well, not really. I think the PP M1 has 1/2” wider wheels than the Bullitt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Got the numbers back from the dealer… 6.9% is the lowest going rates right now??? Sheeesh

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I went from a 2018 GT to the Mach.

The transmission feels more solid and the gear ratios are better.

You can add almost all the handling package stuff later if you want. I'm debating replacing the HP springs at some point with something a little stiffer.

Had Recaros in the 2018 and one of the things that sold me on the Mach during the test drive was the comfort of the heated and cooled seats compared to the Recaros.

Is the EG one at a local dealer?
No- the car is Albany NY. Was going to get it trailered but I just don’t think right now may be the time to buy especially just to get it into my garage to sit for4 months
Sponsored