Sponsored

Mach 1 vs Bullitt

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Even without the handling pack, the Mach 1 will be the better handling and driving car. Honestly the HP is probably overkill for most people unless they just really like the look of it.

FWIW, I considered the Bullitt a couple years ago since I wanted a slight upgrade over my '15 GT PP, but decided to hold off. Then the Mach 1 came along and checked all the boxes for me. Based on what I've seen and read, and now after eight months of ownership, I think it's the best OEM Mustang ever made... Granted I haven't actually driven most Mustang trims ever made 😅... But I think it will make you forget all about your Bullitt.
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The Bullitt is more of an understatement.
The Mach1 is a bit too showy for me.
Technically, the Mach1 is the best of the two.
If the Mach1 appeals to you, I wouldn't hesitate.
As for the color, I would consider the green metallic and the blue-purple metallic.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Got the numbers back from the dealer… 6.9% is the lowest going rates right now??? Sheeesh
Yep, try your local credit union. Ford credit was around 6ish even with excellent credit but my credit union was able to get me 3.99. Good luck.

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Even without the handling pack, the Mach 1 will be the better handling and driving car. Honestly the HP is probably overkill for most people unless they just really like the look of it.

FWIW, I considered the Bullitt a couple years ago since I wanted a slight upgrade over my '15 GT PP, but decided to hold off. Then the Mach 1 came along and checked all the boxes for me. Based on what I've seen and read, and now after eight months of ownership, I think it's the best OEM Mustang ever made... Granted I haven't actually driven most Mustang trims ever made 😅... But I think it will make you forget all about your Bullitt.
i'll bet the early mach-1 and the late bullett(if they're both magnaride cars) would be identical in handeling,the mach-1 would have the edge with the "TREMEC" vs the "MT80" trans,add the better trans to the "BULLETT" and they're basically identical"..the early MACH-1 and the last BULLETT would have identical hp numbers!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
i'll bet the early mach-1 and the late bullett(if they're both magnaride cars) would be identical in handeling,the mach-1 would have the edge with the "TREMEC" vs the "MT80" trans,add the better trans to the "BULLETT" and they're basically identical"..the early MACH-1 and the last BULLETT would have identical hp numbers!
Except you're missing several parts that the Mach 1 has that the Bullitt does not especially when it comes to the bushings, sway bars, etc. Handling pack is night and day better than the Bullitt.

If you want a true marked up GT Premium with nothing more than a paint job and some badges, the Bullitt is your car.

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Got the numbers back from the dealer… 6.9% is the lowest going rates right now??? Sheeesh
That sounds really high. I checked all my financial institutions and my main bank matched my Credit Union's 4%.
No- the car is Albany NY. Was going to get it trailered but I just don’t think right now may be the time to buy especially just to get it into my garage to sit for4 months
I bought mine specifically before winter hit because most dealers wouldn't want a sports car to sit in a winter state over the months. My dealer (in WI, I am in TN) gave a nice deal at the time (@MSRP and removed the ADM) to get rid of it. I used Montway to trailer it down enclosed.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Mach 1 has upgraded Aero over the Bullett as well.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Except you're missing several parts that the Mach 1 has that the Bullitt does not especially when it comes to the bushings, sway bars, etc. Handling pack is night and day better than the Bullitt.

If you want a true marked up GT Premium with nothing more than a paint job and some badges, the Bullitt is your car.
To be fair, IIRC, if you added all the same equipment to a GT at the time (Premium + PP + magneride + one or two other small things), the price came out nearly the same.

That said, yeah, still objectively not as good of a car as the Mach 1.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
There are a few of us near Albany on here if you need anything local, FYI.
Sponsored