Sponsored

Lowering Spring Install Cost Estimate

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
AFAIK all the camber plates are compatible with MR. If there are any MR-specifics, the usual suspects will have an application.

If you're changing springs, you may as well replace/upgrade the dampers and fix the suspension all at one shot.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Make a call to wherever you are buying the springs and let them know you want the camber plates and they will take care of you. I don't have mag ride, but when I ordered the springs from Steeda, I told them to include the camber plates and poly bushings.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So now it went from a $700 upgrade to an $1800+ upgrade :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if I can help assist - our facility in GA is stout, Jamie aint too shabby himself!

TJ

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Will these work on the magneride?

Sponsored

OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The BMR installation directions suggest cutting the bump stops down 3/8”. Y’all ever heard of such? I figured that would lead to premature deterioration.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you want to cut an equivalent amount from bump stops that you're dropping the car as measured at the hub-cap, modulo motion-ratio.

Up front it's 1:1 (or close enough) so if you lower by 1" chop the stops by 1". The rear is 0.7 so for 1" drop, cut off 0.7^2 or 0.5".

It's always better to have bump-stops that are too short than too long.

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
In DFW where I live there are places that will do it for $200, not including alignment. I had mine installed a couple months ago, along with struts/shocks, toe links, BMR cradle lockout, and lower cross member brace for $250. Waited a week and got it aligned somewhere else.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and lower cross member brace for $250.
Lordy what is their shop rate? $40/hr? I hope they torqued everything back up correctly. Here in NoVA the best rate is (AFAIK) Jax in Herndon at $80/hr.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Lordy what is their shop rate? $40/hr? I hope they torqued everything back up correctly. Here in NoVA the best rate is (AFAIK) Jax in Herndon at $80/hr.
$100 per hour. Took him a little over two hours. It's a small shop that specializes in Mustangs. Lowering springs and such is easy stuff squeezed in between the longer term projects/builds.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Those are often the best shops.

$100 per hour. Took him a little over two hours. It's a small shop that specializes in Mustangs. Lowering springs and such is easy stuff squeezed in between the longer term projects/builds.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 - Race Red
I will agree with those who recommend upgrading the other suspension components when you do the springs. So far I’ve had my suspension apart three times adding different components that I decided on after doing something else. Doing the work yourself won’t cost you any more money, but it sure would be nice to not have to tear it down multiple times. Plus, I ended up getting two alignments from Steeda because of going back and changing components after the initial install. On the bump stops, yes, yes you definitely want to trim them by the amount you are dropping the car.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I will agree with those who recommend upgrading the other suspension components when you do the springs. So far I’ve had my suspension apart three times adding different components that I decided on after doing something else. Doing the work yourself won’t cost you any more money, but it sure would be nice to not have to tear it down multiple times. Plus, I ended up getting two alignments from Steeda because of going back and changing components after the initial install. On the bump stops, yes, yes you definitely want to trim them by the amount you are dropping the car.
Did you buy the Steeda bumpstops?