Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why did you get these over the Steeda?
Well, I got them on a horse trade deal... and, I live in Valdosta, Ga. where the second Steeda location is at, so I kinda feel guilty. It’s basically a free.99 kinda thing. But I have the intention of giving Steeda my hard earned money in the near future...i.e. stop the hop kit. I’m a huge Steeda fan and believe that they have helped out our local economy tremendously. There’s literally no other reason to have not gone Steeda other than the BMR were given to me. If anyone wants to trade my BMR for Steeda, please hit me up, or even if Steeda wanted to trade, I’d do it.

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
Hey guys. It’s been 15 years since having a set of lowering springs installed on a Mustang. Since recently purchasing a 2017 GT, I have acquired a set of BMR Performance lowering springs. I am located in southern Georgia, and I am wondering what the average going rate is for a shop to install a set. I know I’ll have to get an alignment. And yes, I have searched this forum for answers and what threads I have found are several years old. Thanks.
A major shop in LA gave me some labor #'s. $420 to install springs, $280 for an alignment = $720. Might as well add in a front camber plate while you are in there, Steeda Part # 555 8174, $329.95., up to $about $1.050, and all you have is a set of sweet camber plates, springs with potentially mismatched sway bars. hmmm. Maybe consider installing a Ford Performance Mustang Street Handling pack/or a Mustang track handling pack.
1615528141174.png
. This way yu'll have a complete suspension, all components match for about $3,000 including labor. Sell the BMR springs to recapture some of the expense. I have a spread sheet documenting these #'.need an email to send it.

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey guys. It’s been 15 years since having a set of lowering springs installed on a Mustang. Since recently purchasing a 2017 GT, I have acquired a set of BMR Performance lowering springs. I am located in southern Georgia, and I am wondering what the average going rate is for a shop to install a set. I know I’ll have to get an alignment. And yes, I have searched this forum for answers and what threads I have found are several years old. Thanks.
I recently got three quotes for Springs installation (I'm in California): $380, $600, and $350.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There used to be a saying "Go with the middle price". That saying may not fit your case.

I recently got three quotes for Springs installation (I'm in California): $380, $600, and $350.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am certainly going to address additional suspension support mods over the next few months. The BMRs are a keeper henceforth and I’ll be looking to add Steeda parts for support when the time and money becomes available. The springs are going in this coming Tuesday. I’ll post some before and after pics come Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks all for your inputs and not turning this thread into a shaming and opinion pissing contest. 👍👍👍

OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Most quotes were $400 but found a shop. After posting on a local FB group about how I couldn't justify paying that price. A shop reached out to me, $300 w an alignment and they know about s550 Mustangs. No mageneride, eibach sportline installed & front camber bolts. Great deal. This was in Broward county, FL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most quotes were $400 but found a shop. After posting on a local FB group about how I couldn't justify paying that price. A shop reached out to me, $300 w an alignment and they know about s550 Mustangs. No mageneride, eibach sportline installed & front camber bolts. Great deal. This was in Broward county, FL.
Stellar deal. Cant beat that.

OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update: springs are in. The car drives great and there is very little sacrifice in ride quality; thought there is more road noise. It is not slammed and change is subtle visually. We’ve had rough weather here in south Ga. Pics coming soon. Secondly, I’m considering a 20-25 mm wheel spacer. Any suggestions? I know going too wide eventually lead to bearing failure.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is great. Do you mind sharing the name of the shop. I'm looking for a place to install my Steeda Stop the Hop Kit and MGW shifter.

Update: springs are in. The car drives great and there is very little sacrifice in ride quality; thought there is more road noise. It is not slammed and change is subtle visually. We’ve had rough weather here in south Ga. Pics coming soon. Secondly, I’m considering a 20-25 mm wheel spacer. Any suggestions? I know going too wide eventually lead to bearing failure.

OP
OP
shadowblack_badger

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is great. Do you mind sharing the name of the shop. I'm looking for a place to install my Steeda Stop the Hop Kit and MGW shifter.
Absolutely. Mike and Son in Valdosta, Ga. The gentlemen who owns the shop is Scott Gard. He is an awesome guy. He’s known locally for for late 80’s to early 90’s 5.0 builds. 1115 North Patterson Street, Valdosta, Ga. I trust him 100%!!
Sponsored