Spring install estimate.... WTF?!

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did mine myself with a buddy took about 4 hrs.. dont drop the whole rear sub frame theres no need . just do one side at a time .. fronts took me longer i had the wrong spring compressor but made due , ones i had werent wide enough and kept hitting the lower spring perch
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks guys, that's pretty motivating, I've done (on other cars) headers/exhaust, brakes (complete aftermarket setup), etc., I guess I should just dive in.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I never use a spring compressors. Just open the bottom spindle strut bolts and from top use a impact gun to open the nut and run away from the car as fast as you can lol

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Hmm, l was told by a local "mustang performance shop" that they don't lower the subframe on the S550 cars. They said they have a compressor they use? Pretty tight back there and didn't think there was room for a compressor.:shrug:
Thanks. Did you get any quotes on shocks and springs? I was wondering if you have any recommendations in the area that dont hose you.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Thanks. Did you get any quotes on shocks and springs? I was wondering if you have any recommendations in the area that dont hose you.
If you were in SD I could tell you a shop that's great and wont rip you. Seattle, no idea. Why not post this in your local or regional sub forum? I'm sure somebody can help you with this.

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
My buddy did all four and the cradle lock out kit in two hours.
Sponsored