Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ok reasoning ?
I have none. Nothing technical/engineering-wise. I'm saying "I don't know what I don't know" when it comes to leaving Magneride shocks & struts at their max travel for extend lengths of time.

But I do know, that there's no reason to do that. So why take any risk?
Sponsored

19 RKT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, Tech PKG, MagnaRide!

1). Because I donā€™t wanna flat spot the tires I live in the Northeast the car doesnā€™t get used for 4 to 5 months
2). Because I invested in the lift and I have a garage and I canā€™t do that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

1). Because I donā€™t wanna flat spot the tires I live in the Northeast the car doesnā€™t get used for 4 to 5 months
2). Because I invested in the lift and I have a garage and I canā€™t do that.
It's your car, do as you wish.

If it was my car, I'd lift the car up just a bit. Rather than way the heck up. And really, the tires won't flat-spot.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I used the Quick Jack once and found the lack of side access a PITA. I have been using four jack stands and a racing jack for decades now, so I am biased. Stands and a jack are more useful too. With the truck stands I can raise my lifted Jeep to work on it as well, using the jack to raise and lower the axles, transmission, transfer case, mufflers, etc.

In the off season I would leave the race car up in the air for six months at a time to slowly rework the corners with no issues.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Have one, raising the Mustang from the side. Sliding jack stands under it. Was not a happy thought, the jack earned its keep the first time used.

Room under the car and creeper work well together. Do have jacking rails mounted, for the lift point.

Quick over view for ya , many on this site have them, lots of input forth coming.
**Hi. Does anyone have the BL-7000 SLX for lifting their Mustangs?, Any issues with the clearance?. I want a lift I can use on all of my vehicles.
Thank you all for your help.
Doug

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
My Bullitt in winter storage on SLX5000 QJ

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg
I have the Magneride and I keep my car on jacks for the winter. But I also remove my tires, stack them and bag them. That's Just me. Good Luck.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Purchased the, 5000ext it is 6in longer than the 5000slx.
71$ difference

Jack rails for the most part all the same. Steeda was my choice, they can be installed without raising the car easily.

Rails go next to the pinch weld, effectively eleminating them. Rubber blocks are included with the jack. The rail and blocks work well together.

Not thinking unloading the suspension, for storage will have a negative effect.

One tip to know about the jack. The air charge for the ram, needs to be checked before use. It's not real clear in the assembly directions. Its purpose it to assist the jack to fully lower. After the weight of the car is off them.

BTW doing your own oil change? Be ready 10 qts of the 5W flows like water, and make sure you have the right size catch pan.

Turning into a show us you car on a quick jack, so my contribution.

DSC_0225.JPG
That Mustang has one gorgeous stablemate!! congrats.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
**Hi. Does anyone have the BL-7000 SLX for lifting their Mustangs?, Any issues with the clearance?. I want a lift I can use on all of my vehicles.
Doug

Funny you mentioned that I was going to order that, did order it for a fact. Canceled it, the jack length is too long for the Mustang.

Have an answer about long term storage and wheel hanging free, suspension unloaded. I think you will surprise as to what problem could occure.

Greg,

There should be no issue with the shocks and struts doing this. My concern would be the bushings in the suspension. The bushings are torqued with the car at ride height. When you leave the suspension dangle, the bushings are stressed in the opposite direction for long periods of time. It would be best if you are going to store the car free from its own weight that you partially load the suspension to keep the bushings closer to their natural range of motion.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's your car, do as you wish.

If it was my car, I'd lift the car up just a bit. Rather than way the heck up. And really, the tires won't flat-spot.
True, it only happens to Bias ply tires .

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Doug
Funny you mentioned that I was going to order that, did order it for a fact. Canceled it, the jack length is too long for the Mustang.

Have an answer about long term storage and wheel hanging free, suspension unloaded. I think you will surprise as to what problem could occure.

Greg,

There should be no issue with the shocks and struts doing this. My concern would be the bushings in the suspension. The bushings are torqued with the car at ride height. When you leave the suspension dangle, the bushings are stressed in the opposite direction for long periods of time. It would be best if you are going to store the car free from its own weight that you partially load the suspension to keep the bushings closer to their natural range of motion.
Rapid Red,
What about the 7000 SLX was too long? you said you are using the 5000EXT which from their brochure seems longer?

https://www.quickjack.com/pub/downloads/QuickJack-All-Portable-Car-Lifts-Brochure-2019.pdf

1611344149421.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=42

I picked up my '19 GT from an out of state dealer (basically doing the dealer transfer myself). I asked my dealer to check the balance as I felt some vibration on the 200 mile trip home. They said the tires had permanent flat spots so they replaced them (20" btw, and this was in June 2020).

Last edited:

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I've had mine over a year and love it......WORKS GREAT........save a LOT of time!! :thumbsup: šŸ˜

Quick Jack-1.jpeg
Quick Jack-3.jpeg
Sponsored