Any Use a Quick Jack Car Lift?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I am wanting to buy a Quick Jack Car Lift and wanted to know who is using them and what you think about it.
Thank you.
Doug
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Have one, raising the Mustang from the side. Sliding jack stands under it. Was not a happy thought, the jack earned its keep the first time used.

Room under the car and creeper work well together. Do have jacking rails mounted, for the lift point.

Quick over view for ya , many on this site have them, lots of input forth coming.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Have one, raising the Mustang from the side. Sliding jack stands under it. Was not a happy thought, the jack earned its keep the first time used.

Room under the car and creeper work well together. Do have jacking rails mounted, for the lift point.

Quick over view for ya , many on this site have them, lots of input forth coming.
Thank you. Which one do you have. And did you say you bolted them to the Jacking rails? the floor?

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GerTrude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Mustang GT
I am wanting to buy a Quick Jack Car Lift and wanted to know who is using them and what you think about it.
Thank you.
Doug
Father recently picked up a set. Got a couple of the pinch weld pucks to prevent damage, too. Gotta say, sure makes things a hell of a lot easier. Sure, there's a bit more setup time, but good lord if it isn't worth it.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased the, 5000ext it is 6in longer than the 5000slx.
71$ difference

Jack rails for the most part all the same. Steeda was my choice, they can be installed without raising the car easily.

Rails go next to the pinch weld, effectively eleminating them. Rubber blocks are included with the jack. The rail and blocks work well together.

Not thinking unloading the suspension, for storage will have a negative effect.

One tip to know about the jack. The air charge for the ram, needs to be checked before use. It's not real clear in the assembly directions. Its purpose it to assist the jack to fully lower. After the weight of the car is off them.

BTW doing your own oil change? Be ready 10 qts of the 5W flows like water, and make sure you have the right size catch pan.

Turning into a show us you car on a quick jack, so my contribution.

DSC_0225.JPG

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thank you.
Doug
Have had 5000SLX for close to three years now. It's great if you can't have full lift.

Only disadvantages - access from the side is restricted obviously if you want to slide in under the car - not a big deal. Other one - lifting with included rubber block using pinch welds resulted in those blocks eventually splitting in half. Quickjack offers add on blocks for pinch welds now, I just use ZL1 Add Ons jack pads mounted permanently on the car.

In fact my car spent last month up on it while I completely disassembled rear suspension.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Is it bad to leave the suspension completely unloaded for long periods of time?
Cars get jacked up with the wheels hanging all the time, but I too would question leaving the shocks & struts at their max extension for long periods.

I certainly wouldn't do that with Magneride. Who knows what effects that could have on such a system?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cars get jacked up with the wheels hanging all the time, but I too would question leaving the shocks & struts at their max extension for long periods.

I certainly wouldn't do that with Magneride. Who knows what effects that could have on such a system?
Ok reasoning ?