Sponsored

Scissor Jack Lift Height

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have 4 sets of sockets, 2 of them cheapo ones, and all 4 13/16" sockets fit perfectly on my lug nuts, and I bet yours fit perfectly too, but you just refuse to acknowledge the obvious. No sense wasting time trying to reason with somebody like you, so I'm ignoring you after posting this.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That is a fact too. They seem to work with either but are meant for 21 mm replacment. Also, my local Ford said they are 21 mm.
This kills me, you do not seem to have the common sense to figure out what fits a nut and what does not. If someone told to sit on a hot stove would you?

The Automotive Authority spare come this week. Telling it like it is, the jack looks to be the Ford jack after having it in hand. As to the price a quick search of the Ford jack the prices are the same. FWIW.

The pictured jack at the AA site looked like the base of the jack offered was more robust.

All in all the Automotive Authority spare is a good product. would recommend it.
Pep

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This kills me, you do not seem to have the common sense to figure out what fits a nut and what does not. If someone told to sit on a hot stove would you?

Pep
I am simply telling you what it is, not what tools I have that fit the lug nuts. It is possible that cheap tools with lower tolerances will fit things differently. Both Gorilla and Ford is saying they are 21 mm. I do not care what tool you use to remove them. Use whatever works for you. Common sense is when an authority provides you information that you believe it. I believe Ford and Gorilla.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the spare & jack installed, they even had the correct air pressure in the tire. grin

The hold down that goes down the center is a bit short. They supplied this extension, was tapped to the jack.

IMG_0360.jpeg

installed

IMG_0361.jpeg

No workey ..... the shoulder will not pass thru the hole in the jack handle..

Good to have a lathe in ones shop took care of it.

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

Done, the Automotive Authority spare is a nice package.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why not leave the extension attached to the floor instead of the hold down?

would it still need to pass through the jack then?

Can you tell us the size of the wheel (with offset) and what size tire they provide?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why not leave the extension attached to the floor instead of the hold down?

would it still need to pass through the jack then?

Can you tell us the size of the wheel (with offset) and what size tire they provide?

LOL, spare was in the tub & just figured when it didn't pass thru. It had to be adjusted. After turning it, ran it down, backing it out for some locktite . The extension stayed in the bracket.

What can I say, some days your'e the bug on the windshield.

As to the rim offset accommodates the 6 piston Brembo, wedth wise fills the tub did not read the tire size.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
LOL, spare was in the tub & just figured when it didn't pass thru. It had to be adjusted. After turning it, ran it down, backing it out for some locktite . The extension stayed in the bracket.

What can I say, some days your'e the bug on the windshield.

As to the rim offset accommodates the 6 piston Brembo, wedth wise fills the tub did not read the tire size.
No problem. I just did not want everyone to think there was an unsolvable problem with the spare tire kit.

AS for the tire and wheel specs, I was interested from a buy my own outside the kit. I have everything else and know the lug pattern. Just do not know what wheel (diameter, width and offset) fits with what tire (width, series and diameter).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. I just did not want everyone to think there was an unsolvable problem with the spare tire kit.

AS for the tire and wheel specs, I was interested from a buy my own outside the kit. I have everything else and know the lug pattern. Just do not know what wheel (diameter, width and offset) fits with what tire (width, series and diameter).
It's a 19''rim, is advertised as being capable of working with 20s - 21. Tire width looks like 8". And as mentioned the offset will clear the 6 piston Brembo .

I think the Ford Explorer has the same wheel .. spoke design, however the offset is to shallow will not clear 6 piston Brembo caliper .
Sponsored