Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have never owned a lift mainly because I've never had a storage location where the ceiling was high enough. Then, someone turned me on to portable lifts and I knew I had to have one. :-)

Therefive, I have been researching the market and have fine tuned my search down to a QuickJack BL-7000EXT. I need the extended version for the wife's CT6.

But before I pull the trigger I thought,

"You dummy, you have the best source of info right at your fingertips!"

So, I would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations you all might have on your favorite portable lift along with any accessories you think are a must have for lift use. I do plan on ordering the rubber pinch blocks with the lift and, on @geoking's advice, I'm gonna get some Steeda Jacking Rails along with four top-of-the-line jack stands.

Appreciate any info and thanks in advance.
Sponsored

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey KB. I picked up the BL-7000SLX last fall and highly recommend the QuickJack setup. Of course, I would rather have a fixed two point lift, but not in the cards with my garage.

I have a SuperCab Raptor and the frame rails beneath the cab are short and the EXT would have been too long. The SLX is just long enough to get under the pinch welds on my new GT350.

I can tell you that they work great. A great portable solution to get the wheels off the ground and get some extra room underneath to work on your vehicle. With the SUV/truck extensions, I can get the wheels off the ground of my Raptor for easy tire rotations. They are very sturdy and stable when the vehicle is up in the air, even with the truck extensions. It lifts my Raptor with no strain.

You don’t need the buy the extra pinch weld rubber blocks (the ones with the groove). The jack comes with a few sets of solid rubber blocks (varying thicknesses), which work just fine on the pinch rails.
IMG_3467.jpeg
IMG_3466.jpeg

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the Quick Jack 5000 SLX and it works GREAT.......no need for Jack Stands unless you wish to leave the vehicle on stands instead of the lift frames?? :idea:

I think the lift frames with the locking bars in place are way more stable than Jack Stands!!

Good Luck!!

Quick Jack-1.jpeg
Quick Jack-3.jpeg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
@bendensez : WOW! Many thanks for that excellent info. I also have an '18 SuperDuty but me thinks using a QuickJack on that dude would be "teasing the animals." <smile> No big deal, it's high enough above the ground for most stuff and a floor jack works for one end or the other.

Not so with the new Shelby or her CT6 so those are the only vehicles I'll use it with and the SLX wasn't long enough for the Caddy.

Again, really appreciate the response and photos.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jack: Ditto on the "thanks" for the info but my nature is to always overdo things and I'd like to have the stands in place, "just in case," ifyouknowwhatImeanVern. :-)

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Yep.......and when I first ran my car up and locked it in the highest position I tried to wiggle the car.......ROCK SOLID!!:shock:

BTW......when you order you should check to see if they have any "Refurbished" units available........I got mine "Refurbished" for $871.00 delivered and it looks BRAND NEW with a full "As New" Warranty!!:like::like:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
man, you guys are gonna turn me into a poor, with all these etra purchases lol.. now i need that.

i suppose the aftermarket jacking , things, cant remember term, are required for this car huh

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
man, you guys are gonna turn me into a poor, with all these etra purchases lol.. now i need that.

i suppose the aftermarket jacking , things, cant remember term, are required for this car huh
I think your talking about pinch weld blocks. While I have them and I do recommend them they are not required.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Have a Quickjack too and like others - strongly recommend. Did the springs / bars / subframe bushings on it recently without an issue.

Rubber blocks - mine have cracked from the pinch welds (ones that came with the jack), the slotted ones (their very initial design that I think they came up with initially) did not fit into holes in the plastic skirts on the bottom - so I ended up with ZL1 Addons jackpads and using the stock rubber blocks. Has been fine ever since.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have never owned a lift mainly because I've never had a storage location where the ceiling was high enough. Then, someone turned me on to portable lifts and I knew I had to have one. :-)

Therefive, I have been researching the market and have fine tuned my search down to a QuickJack BL-7000EXT. I need the extended version for the wife's CT6.

But before I pull the trigger I thought,

"You dummy, you have the best source of info right at your fingertips!"

So, I would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations you all might have on your favorite portable lift along with any accessories you think are a must have for lift use. I do plan on ordering the rubber pinch blocks with the lift and, on @geoking's advice, I'm gonna get some Steeda Jacking Rails along with four top-of-the-line jack stands.

Appreciate any info and thanks in advance.
Let us know when you are ready for the Steeda Jacking rails - we have favorable forum pricing.

TJ

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jack, Jeff, kz, and TJ: Really appreciate the comments and TJ, I have the order almost ready to go so stand by for a call and thanks for the info on Forum pricing.
Sponsored