MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

trying to figure out which would be better for me and figured talking to people with the products would be the best way to get accurate answers.

I daily an 18 pp1 GT and want to supercharge

My goals for the build is to make it a track car not a drag car. However still daily it for the time being.

I plan on getting either kit installed by Ford because I heard both kits will have warranties.

this is my first time really modding a car and any thing u think I should know I would appreciate u telling me
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
My goals for the build is to make it a track car not a drag car. However still daily it for the time being.
If you are building a track car you don't need a supercharger (you are going to deal with more heat that way). My plan for my car is to go FBO and N/A.

Just wanted to chime in with that. Guys with chargers will let you know what is best.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
The Roush setup for 18+ cars is the worst setup available. Any Supercharger option is better than the roush. So between those two definitely Whipple.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
You better look into those warranties a bit. I believe they are 3year/36k miles from the original in service date of your car, NOT from when you install the supercharger.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
If you are building a track car you don't need a supercharger (you are going to deal with more heat that way). My plan for my car is to go FBO and N/A.

Just wanted to chime in with that. Guys with chargers will let you know what is best.
I second that. Maybe get a GT350 instead...

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you track a 18+ Roush SC you might want to get a killer chiller, ice tank, and tow a industrial freezer behind you for cooling. Just to get thru lap 1. Lap 2 I have no suggestions

OP
OP
MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I second that. Maybe get a GT350 instead...
I would have but I can’t drive manual, never learned yet, 22, and this GT is my second car.
I plan on obviously getting wider tires and magneride if it’s not already equipped on my car (bought it used wit 11,000m).
I basically want to build either a pp2 or gt350 that got the 10 speed a supercharger and can handle well

I have a track somewhat close to my house every year my family rents the track and we take some of the cars on the track. I took my GT last year, this year I want to go harder and eventually make the GT a race car(with n auto)

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
That is fine, just realize you will need to invest around 20k give or take to do all that. I would say enjoy the great pp1 Coyote you currently have for few years to come, and instead invest your money in some assets to accumulate and build your fortune. You are young and have plenty of time to upgrade, no need to rush...and learn how to drive a stick in the meantime, two of my girls drive manuals, it is really fun, especially if you are a car guy, which sounds like you are.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would have but I can’t drive manual, never learned yet, 22, and this GT is my second car.
I plan on obviously getting wider tires and magneride if it’s not already equipped on my car (bought it used wit 11,000m).
I basically want to build either a pp2 or gt350 that got the 10 speed a supercharger and can handle well

I have a track somewhat close to my house every year my family rents the track and we take some of the cars on the track. I took my GT last year, this year I want to go harder and eventually make the GT a race car(with n auto)
pretty cool family event! For the tupical person on their second car i wojld say wait before boosting but it looks lime uou already have some nice meat in the seat time on the track to justify. Just realize that it is pricey to install with ALL supporting mods and increases chances of breaking things. Will likely need axels as well.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
pretty cool family event! For the tupical person on their second car i wojld say wait before boosting but it looks lime uou already have some nice meat in the seat time on the track to justify. Just realize that it is pricey to install with ALL supporting mods and increases chances of breaking things. Will likely need axels as well.
I don't know if axles will be necessary as he wont shock the drive train road racing as you would drag racing.

If you plan on going all out race car plan to spend at least the price of your car in performance parts and learn to wrench because will come with maintenance etc. I am more of a straight line driver (drag) so different setups but everyone that I know that road races say NA is best and recommend to really cut your teeth in a lower HP car before you step up the power. Its a matter of perfecting your skill because you will be able to outrun lower HP cars but you will be matched against equal cars and then its a driver race

Sponsored

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't know if axles will be necessary as he wont shock the drive train road racing as you would drag racing.

If you plan on going all out race car plan to spend at least the price of your car in performance parts and learn to wrench because will come with maintenance etc. I am more of a straight line driver (drag) so different setups but everyone that I know that road races say NA is best and recommend to really cut your teeth in a lower HP car before you step up the power. Its a matter of perfecting your skill because you will be able to outrun lower HP cars but you will be matched against equal cars and then its a driver race
I missed the part that it was road course. Good catch! I agree, rolling into power should be good.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

You want to build a road course car and you can’t drive stick. Seriously!
If you can add magnaride it would be insanely expensive plus If you are building a road race car you don’t want to add magnaride anyways. You need some purpose built coilovers

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I would recommend spending your money first on the suspension, tires and brakes. After you do this and you've reached your max potential in terms of lap times, because you're at the cars limits, then it's time to get more power. I learned this the hard way club roadracing motorcycles at Sears Point and Willow springs, back in the early 90's.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Without talking shit or putting you down or saying anything bad. seriously you need to learn to drive stick. if the type of driving you want to do is road course you need to put in effort and learn to drive stick. If you want to be an Olympic swimmer. The first thing you Gotta do is learn to swim

OP
OP
MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m curious as to why some of you are saying to not supercharge it for track use because of heat. When we bring the Ford GT on the track (05) it’s supercharged and does well. Although they are completely different caliber of car I would assume same logic would apply
Sponsored