Sponsored

Whipple Stage 1 or Roush Stage 2

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I didn’t say beat the shit out of it. The guy shifts below 3k rpms... why even bother with a supercharger. Or a sports car in general?

Get a camry grandpa and set it to cruise at 55 in the fast lane.
New Camry's are pretty fast, 0-60 in the 5's.
Maybe a Prius.

I agree with what your saying lol, IMO why supercharge a car if your not going to utiulize it?! Not hating!

But his money sooo, whipple
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I get the OP's point. I baby my car most of the time as well, but when it's go time it's go time! I love my Whipple Gen3, and the Roush is probably great as well.

My only advice would be to consider the stage2 kit on Whipple. It's really not that much more money and will make more power and drive better.

Using the stock TB on that blower, is like fitting a section of straw in the middle of your garden hose.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
both are good. To be honest, I just don't like the name....
Whipple? What the hell kind of name is Whipple?
I don't think you need to go with the Roush Phase II if you just wanting to DD your car and not normally go above 3 grand.
Phase I will do you just fine for the kind of driving you do.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I don't think you need to go with the Roush Phase II if you just wanting to DD your car and not normally go above 3 grand.

Roush and Whipple are both last names.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'm a little older and when I hear whipple I think of toilet paper.

MrWhipple.jpg
"Hey Mr. Whipple, stop squeezing the Charmin"!!!! You f*cking goof ball!!! Okay, that second line wasn't really in the commercials, but I remember the commercials well. :lol::lol::lol:

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
No BS, my sister's last name is Whipple. My 4-year-old nephew gets a huge kick out of seeing his name on my supercharger lol

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i have a phase 1 roush 670hp and for the street its more then enough power.. i dont granny drive, but i dont race or go to the track either. but i like having it there when i want it .. only thing im going to do next spring is get the roush tune off the car and go with vmp or pbd.. other then that im happy with it

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Stage 1 power was plenty for what I was looking for but for the minimal cost and way better tune I went with whipple stage 2. For me I chose whipple over roush or VMP on ease of installation( no cutting with the whipple) and the fact that whipples stage 2 tune is so good you dont have to dyno tune it. Living on an island with no dyno meant turn key was a better option. Dataloging nearly 700 to the wheel where I live is extremely risky. Not having to take that risk was important to me.

Either way your gonna love your car with whatever kit you choose. Until my drag radials arrive I cant enjoy anything near WOT so plan on upgrading your tires too. LOL Good luck!!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Whipple has so many advantages over the twin screw competition it's hard to list them all.

1. Larger rotor pack, and updated design with Gen 3 & 5
2. Larger intercooler and heat exchanger
3. Massive front feed inlet design for unprecedented inlet feed
4. OEM quality easy installation
5. Flight control software. No one has this power by gear and other safety features
6. OEM calibration and support that never ends.
7. Carb certification
8. Top notch warranty with stage 1
9. And undying support for their customers AND JUST DAM SEXY!

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Roush Phase 2 which was dealer installed on my 17 and has been flawless and is an absolute beast. My car is a 6 speed manual with 3.55 gears and the only thing I would change if I had the choice would be choosing the stock 3.31 gear over the 3.55’s on a 15-17. Lots of debate which product is best. Being partnered with Ford is nice peace of mind too. I don’t have enough knowledge on Whipple System to give a unbiased opinion.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Being partnered with Ford is nice peace of mind too.
Although I don't have either, the same question as the OP posted has crossed my mind and the quote above is of importance if something goes wrong.

If you've got a Roush/Ford Performance S/C just take it to the dealer. They've likely installed tons and have the knowledge to diagnose and fix it.

If you've got a Whipple, you'll likely need to take it to a speed shop ... not sure if Ford will service it?? Do they?

Either way, Roush is the route I'd go personally ...

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
lmao, not sure if serious :lol:.....................:crazy:

OP
OP

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Order placed for Whipple kit

I've decided to go with Whipple on my Roush RS2. I'm keeping this car forever and not worried about resale value but interested in smiles per miles instead. Thanks for all those that positively contributed.
Sponsored